IGNORED

I think this may actually be ironically misandrist

antares

You know what? I got nuffink.

I think she may be attempting irony occasionally but her actual ideas are so ridiculous it simply doesn't work.

The first sentence: "A woman's hypergamy tends to be viewed as a bad trait..." - well, depends what you mean by bad, I suppose. And viewed by whom?

I think one always has to actually see the big picture - and there, any "relationship advice" coming a woman in her mid-20s who not only still calls herself a emo BUT IS ALSO THE GIRLFRIEND OF A COMPLETE PSYCHOPATH, FOR GAWDS SAKE! is invalid per default...

Isn´t she best buddies with that lecni/fgg* - blogger, who visited FJ couple of months ago?

(spelled right to left, because, like Voldemort´s "special" little brother, he will show up every time someone writes his name on the internetz)

About the hypergamy thing: It baffles me. All I know is that I've always been turned off by really rich men, especially the kind who are loud, wear expensive suits and talk about money and their jobs all.the.time. Is this what they think most women like? (Maybe it is, I don't know)

There are some guys I know who I would consider 'alpha'. They're not rich, but they are... I'm not sure how to put this... physically powerful, confident, get into fights and drink a lot. I tend to consider them physically attractive, but can't imagine having a relationship with one - it just seems like a bad idea. Maybe that is what the people in the manosphere mean by an alpha too. If so, I'm surprised they think most women want these guys. My experience is that most women my age want a man who is sensitive and intelligent. But maybe I'm just hamstering :lol:

There are some guys I know who I would consider 'alpha'. They're not rich, but they are... I'm not sure how to put this... physically powerful, confident, get into fights and drink a lot. I tend to consider them physically attractive, but can't imagine having a relationship with one - it just seems like a bad idea. Maybe that is what the people in the manosphere mean by an alpha too.

For the most part, that is what the people in the manosphere mean by an alpha, especially when they're referring to female hypergamy, which they define as women's innate desire for "bad boys". Due to this evil hypergamy that women got going on, the majority of men either get left out in the cold (involuntarily celibate or "incel") or are relegated to being "beta chumps" that a woman marries solely for economic provision and stability but for whom she has no real desire.

Isn´t she best buddies with that lecni/fgg* - blogger, who visited FJ couple of months ago?

Oh, more than likely, since she has a huge soft spot for all those poor, downtrodden "nice guys" who are involuntarily celibate because of women's evil hypergamy. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, her boyfriend described himself as incel and that was his justification for his extreme anger towards women.

For the most part, that is what the people in the manosphere mean by an alpha, especially when they're referring to female hypergamy, which they define as women's innate desire for "bad boys". Due to this evil hypergamy that women got going on, the majority of men either get left out in the cold (involuntarily celibate or "incel") or are relegated to being "beta chumps" that a woman marries solely for economic provision and stability but for whom she has no real desire.

What I don't get is that men have been doing the same thing for centuries in our culture. It is less apparent now than when I was younger but women used to be separated into good girls/bad girls. Bad girls(sluts) were fine for a man to use to sow his wild oats but he was supposed to settle down and marry a nice girl. Guys in the manosphere are fine with that system but it is no different than what they imagine women are doing to them.

There are people who have to work their way through some losers and heartbreak before they figure out what personality type is a good combination for them. It doesn't mean that they settled for their spouse.

Archived