IGNORED

PIV Sex is Always Rape, Okay?

miffy

This woman makes the author of the late blog I Blame the Patriarchy sound like June Cleaver.

This woman makes the author of the late blog I Blame the Patriarchy sound like June Cleaver.

Twisty is to the blog author as Judith Butler is to a lazy undergraduate.

Also Patsy - me too, me too.

Not to be blunt here, but what if a woman, uh, shall we say, penetrates herself? Is she violating herself, or is an intangible man, or the essence of maleness, doing it to her...?

I imagine that depends on whether or not the object in question is shaped like a penis.

From the comments -

Weren't made for that? If that were the case, the genitals would be positioned differently so they aren't a perfect match to each other. :?

And my "first time" wasn't painful - a little uncomfortable, but that was just more of a "didn't know what I was doing and was nervous" thing. Even for those that did have pain, that doesn't disqualify all other experiences! Why does the first time need to define the entire set of something? Exercise can be painful but doesn't mean that it's not good for us. As an oboe player, I've often times experienced pain because I've pushed myself beyond my endurance for rehearsal or practice. But it only made me better. So I don't see how the first time or even any time of something you enjoy being painful as meaning that "there's just no need for it."

It hurt for me because I was nervous (and therefore not able to fully relax) and because, as it turned out, my first sexual partner was unusually well-endowed in the width department. I didn't bleed or anything though. I fully expected it to hurt a little--I'd read enough romance novels to know to expect that--but I saw the "first time" almost as a minor surgery that I needed to get through in order to start having the fun sex.

Much later, I had trouble explaining to that same guy how it was possible for me to enjoy PIV even though I couldn't orgasm from it--he couldn't wrap his mind around the idea that I could like it even though that's not what got me off. I explained that it's kind of like a really good massage. I don't expect to orgasm from a backrub either, but sometimes it just feels sooo damn good.

I couldn't read it, so I skimmed. According to her the vagina's primary purpose is to eject forth a baby. Fine, whatever. But, how, exactly is that baby supposed to get inside in order to be ejected forth if no penis enters the vagina in the first place?

I couldn't read it, so I skimmed. According to her the vagina's primary purpose is to eject forth a baby. Fine, whatever. But, how, exactly is that baby supposed to get inside in order to be ejected forth if no penis enters the vagina in the first place?

And there is also the illogical conclusion that sex is unnatural for women because the first time can be painful, yet she declares that childbirth is the natural purpose of a vagina. What, now? I've never had a child, but it is my understanding that labor is more painful than first-time sex and that it does not become pleasurable if you have enough babies.

Not to be blunt here, but what if a woman, uh, shall we say, penetrates herself? Is she violating herself, or is an intangible man, or the essence of maleness, doing it to her...?

The woman has somehow managed to assault herself?

According to one of her comments, women who want to get pregnant should ask a man for semen and then apply it to the vulva on their own. Really.

virgin birth of course now we know why it is on the rise.

I think this is actually a very common opinion among radical feminists. At least from what I've read. It's basically a political sentiment.

I think this is actually a very common opinion among radical feminists. At least from what I've read. It's basically a political sentiment.

No - that'd be like saying because fundies scream X the loudest, X is a common opinion amongst Christians.

While this is the extreme end of the stick, most radical feminist discourse is much more nuanced than this. Squeaky wheels etc... Yes, for some members of the community, sexual practices are modified for political reasons. but this is by no means common.

Also, while a segment of the RF population holds particular ideas about particular sexual practices, these beliefs aren't (in any way) necessary to rad.feminist positions.

Yeah, this whole thing makes me want to hold Mister Beammeup down and screw the patriarchy. He wouldn't mind.

Docdad and I will join you. He won't mind either.

According to one of her comments, women who want to get pregnant should ask a man for semen and then apply it to the vulva on their own. Really.

I'm surprised she doesn't suggest using a turkey baster.

• 2 weeks later...
Aw, I usually like Twisty, y'know.

I'm a fan of Twisty, too. She at least freely admits that, while she personally sees nothing fun about dude-on-gal action, it's an acceptable option for other folks.

Archived