IGNORED

Phil Robertson (Duck Dynasty) goes on crazy homophobic rant.

yoadrian

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He sounds like an idiot. Just because he finds something more attractive than another thing doesn't mean everyone should feel like he does. I personally can't imagine finding the long scraggly beard attractive, but obviously some people do.

This family can join the Duggars, Bates, Kardashians and Justin Bieber is disappearing from the public eye.

This family can join the Duggars, Bates, Kardashians and Justin Bieber is disappearing from the public eye.

Can Miley and Lindsay and Tila and the Difficult Brown go with them? Please?

By the time I saw this story, Phil has issued a clarification that he didn't hate anybody. I had to chuckle snarkily: Did Willie get to him first, or the A&E publicist-handler?? Or the Wal-Mart merchandising executive?

My bet is that Phil has no "out" gay friends, or if he does, they are living chastely (as far as they tell Phil, not that it's his business anyway). I have a couple of ultra-conservative friends, very nice women otherwise, who goggle when I casually mention how a gay friend of mine finds great spiritual meaning in the historic liturgies and propers of traditional Christianity.

Of course, this friend is liberal doctrinally, but finds the faith most well represented in the old-time worship traditions, which this friend defends stoutly against the incursion of "modern, meaningful" worship tropes.

My con friends just can't wrap their minds around the idea of a sodomite-type appreciating and treasuring this important facet of Christianity.

Some folks just see things radically differently than do others of us. And for all his po$turing about yuppie$ and $exual $ins, Phil Robert$on pretty evidently see$ thing$ through the pri$m of that check Willie send$ him every month.

Ugh, this family. You watch the show and you start to kind of like them. They seem like lovable rednecks. Then they spew shit like this. They are as bad as the Duggars in their beliefs, IMHO.

I like Duck Dynasty, but I watch it for Jase. Whenever Phil gets on and starts sermonizing, I change the channel. The episodes where he gives "advice" to his grandchildren infuriate me. This is a man who got married when he was 16 years old. What does he know about dating or real life or anything?

I am sick to death of that show and that family and I have never even watched it! GO AWAY.

Seriously, why are redneck shows so popular now? I don't understand it.

I consider it the contemporary Reality TV version of all the rural shows that were popular in the 1960's. The Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, all the Western dramas. By the early 1970's, they were all cancelled in what was known as the "Rural Purge." Soon, the trend will shift to something else.

:popcorn2: Will they go away now?

So much this. I live in Alabama. You can't swing a cat without hitting Duck Dynasty merchandise. And people here are eating it up with a spoon :cray-cray: Yesterday I was at Walmart and they had DD stockings and dog toys. Seriously?

So when Phil spent all those years drinking and cheating on Kay, was his behavior more acceptaple and desirable because there were multiple vaginas involved instead of penises? Does he really believe his behavior is any better when compared to that of two people in a loving, committed, same-sex relationship? And Phil's assertion that men should be attracted to only women because he, personally, is wired that way is just ridiculous, in addition to all the "Biblical" nonsense he is spouting. Honestly, I can't even with this.

And welcome, yoadrian. ;)

So much this. I live in Alabama. You can't swing a cat without hitting Duck Dynasty merchandise. And people here are eating it up with a spoon :cray-cray: Yesterday I was at Walmart and they had DD stockings and dog toys. Seriously?

Same here (South Carolina), every day I pass a dealership that has Duck Dynasty branded mobile/modular homes.

Same here (South Carolina), every day I pass a dealership that has Duck Dynasty branded mobile/modular homes.

:shock: I don't think NC has gotten that Duck Dynasty crazy yet but their merchandise is everywhere. Somehow people think that they are just simple country folks, but the reality is that they are very wealthy business men who know how to market themselves.

Local Walmart has DD sugar cookies. No. joke. They are likenessess of Phil, Si, Willie, and Jase

Seriously, why are redneck shows so popular now? I don't understand it.

TV caters to the lowest common denominator. So, yeah, loads of redneck shows are on now. Perfect time to ditch cable and satellite TV.

Local Walmart has DD sugar cookies. No. joke. They are likenessess of Phil, Si, Willie, and Jase

I saw those the other week and realized we have now gone headlong over the edge of the abyss. :?

My mother adores Duck Dynasty. Her favourite is Uncle Si. I've tried to explain to her that they aren't quite what they seem, but she doesn't want to hear it, so I've given up. :doh:

Passed Clayton Motor Homes and you can buy Si's house. Or rather an exact replica. But only for a limited time.

I saw a shirt I liked at Walmart, but as soon as I saw the words duck dynasty the shirt went back on the rack. I refuse to buy anything simply because I find the show stupid. Their beliefs become icing on the cake

Per a commenter on the huffpo piece: "I'm gay but if it came down to one of these guys or a woman, I'd probably go with the woman." :clap:

Hahahahaha

We don't have cable so the only time that my daughter has seen the show was at her uncle's house. She got upset because the channel was taking advantage off stupid people but my brother explained that the family had a gimmick and were not being exploited at all. He told her that they were far more savvy than they pretended.

Under the Huffington Post article there are comments from people who obviously do not understand how free speech works. Yes, the man can say any idiotic thing that he wants and people can respond back to him. Freedom of speech does not mean that he gets to make a statement free of criticism.

One of my daughters' friends loves the show and we've bought him a couple of items with Duck Dynasty merchandise.

I think Walmart is also selling Duck Dynasty nail polish and lip gloss. The Robertson family and Walmart - a merchandising dream made in heaven. :(

I reached my limit and threw my hands up in the air when I saw the Duck Dynasty Band-Aids. Seriously? I can't even scrape my knee without being accosted by their beards?

Archived