IGNORED

Dr. Jen Arnold of "The Little Couple" has cancer

ljohnson2006

I don't watch their show much, but they seem like such good people. I'm sorry this happened to her and hopefully she is now cancer free and can enjoy life with her two new kids and great husband.

It depends on the kind of cancer.

Yes, this. A remission may be secured as early as 30 days into treatment, or it could be up to several years before doctors are able to get it under control and declare it in remission. What type of cancer it is and how far it has spread both play a large role.

The latest story in People sounds positive. Jen definitively states she is in remission. As someone who has personally been battling this monster (Cancer) since 2005, I hope and pray that her remission is long lasting and that she and Bill can enjoy their family and get back to some kind of normalcy.

This might be the one thing TLC hasn't totally shit on.

They just bring tears to my eyes - they're so loving and happy and full of life - such lucky kids to have them for parents.

lizziesmom, I hope and pray that you enjoy good health for many years to come. It's a fight that is hard and difficult on everyone in a family, and I wish you all the best.

lizziesmom, I hope and pray that you enjoy good health for many years to come. It's a fight that is hard and difficult on everyone in a family, and I wish you all the best.

Thank you so much. I've had a bad couple of weeks but am keeping my fingers crossed that I will bounce back.

• 3 weeks later...

The show is back on TLC. Jen has gone back to work as of last week, so it looks like she is well. When she was going back to the states she looked so ill and scared. My question is if Josie flew back to the states with an Israeli doctor, did TLC provide a medical professional for Jen. As a doctor, Jen clearly knew how sick she was.

• 2 weeks later...

I soo glad the Dr. Jen seems to be doing better. I also love their show. A little off topic but when they adopted their kids they knew it would an adjustment for them & were ok w/ that. Unlike the some of the people we discuss on her who adopt w/o thinking how their adjust will be.

I've enjoyed the new episodes.

They used some common sense with the filming. They made a point of saying that when Zoey came home, they had 6 weeks of intense bonding planned - no nanny and NO CAMERAS.

Their attitude toward the adoptions was both joyful and realistic. They knew that the kids would have some medical issues. They knew that, at the ages of 2 and 3, these kids had a past and they would experience some trauma and dislocation as they suddenly found themselves with strangers in a strange place, speaking a strange language. Bill finds it hard when Zoey initially doesn't want to be with him, but he also recognizes that this is HIS issue, and that it's normal for her to need an adjustment period.

These kids are clearly loved and adored by Jen and Bill, and it shows. The kids play so well together, and Will is so loving toward his new sister, that you can tell that he's being raised with love and gentleness.

I suffered through 19 kids and Courting before watching this. It was like being at the kids table for an excrutiating hour before being allowed to join the adults. The differences in parenting styles, maturity, and TLC 's role in each show is so apparent. (Seems to me Jen and Bill call the shots whereas Boob and Mullet are quick to do whatever the producers want). So delighted that Jen is on the mend and Zoey is turning into a delightfully, well adjusted and joyful little girl.

Love this show - it's so charming watching Bill with the children. He sees himself as the parent who is second best but even though Jen works with babies every day, Bill is an absolute natural with his kids. He is an amazing parent and it's such a treat to see both of these children blossom in their care. I teared up watching Zoey reach for a kiss from Jen in the stroller before Zoey's doctor's appt. What a sweet family. I, too,love that they say "NO CAMERAS" when it is necessary.

I think Bill is a fantastic role-model for other fathers, and he's a great advertisement for hands-on fatherhood in general. It's not often that TV shows a father who can do all of the things a mother does, equally well. It's just another aspect of the show that makes me like it so much. And both of the kids are such sweet, well-behaved children- no editing needed (Duggars, I'm looking at you!). A true reflection of the parenting abilities and the kind hearts of Jen and Bill. Easily one of the best reality shows around these days.

• 2 weeks later...
I think Bill is a fantastic role-model for other fathers, and he's a great advertisement for hands-on fatherhood in general. It's not often that TV shows a father who can do all of the things a mother does, equally well. It's just another aspect of the show that makes me like it so much. And both of the kids are such sweet, well-behaved children- no editing needed (Duggars, I'm looking at you!). A true reflection of the parenting abilities and the kind hearts of Jen and Bill. Easily one of the best reality shows around these days.

I love Bill. Probably the only show on TLC nowadays that doesn't make me cringe.

Archived