IGNORED

Arndt men no longer have time to play K'nex

already hungover

According to Seth, he and Nathan took their K'nex tower apart today because they no longer have time to work on it like they used to. They didn't even get to finish it!!! :(

Seth will be 22 on Christmas Day and Nathan is 18.

So now I'm dying to know what it is that's keeping them so busy! :think: I hope it's not Dad Arndt's weird movie.

Are they going to hand off their toys to their younger brothers, or are they the type who view their stuff as theirs, no matter if they use it or not.

I am another 25-year-old woman who loves Roller Coaster Tycoon. :D We didn't have Oregon Trail at school here in Canada, instead we had a game called Cross Country Canada which I desperately wish I could find and play again. It was all about, get ready for this..... being a truck driver. You had to get your cargo from one city to another, make sure you got enough sleep, kept the truck fuelled up, etc. You could get pulled over for speeding or not wearing your seatbelt, and you were warned to never pick up hitchhikers (so of course we always did). Some of them would smash your windows!

That sounds like an awesome game. I definitely think these types of games are far better than first person shooter games like Grand Theft Auto.

At first glance I thought that it read Arndt men no longer have time to play Kleenex, my bad and my gross.

At first glance I thought that it read Arndt men no longer have time to play Kleenex, my bad and my gross.

I'm pretty sure they have no idea how other boys play Kleenex.

My son had all of those annoying plastic piece K'nex things. We're talking freaking huge rubbermaid containers full of them. He disassembled his Rollercoaster Tycoon once he had that drivers license in his hand (priorities and such) but I don't think he'd actually touched that monstrosity since he was fifteen. I just got the privilege of cleaning around it and knocking pieces off, always on accident of course ;) I just bagged up all of it and sent it with Mr. Nellie for a coworker with kids who were old enough for it. I did tell him to warn both the parents. I can't tell you how many of those pieces I had to pick out of the canister of my vacuum, -nothing like picking through dog hair and dirt to find neon yellow, half-wheel shaped parts. Good times!

Mom in white short shorts,

Safe at home with my friends.

Let me live on here

May this life never end.

We don’t know what we’ve missed

Living here with the ducks

People have told us

That our life really sucks.

I love penguins

I love penguins

Oh, how I love them.

Holding my cake up

Each year, by the bed,

Parents surround me,

’Cause I’ll never wed.

Some try to tell us

That our lives are just wrecks

But I can’t hear them ‘cause

I’m dismantling K’nex.

I love penguins

I love penguins

Oh, how I love them.

9muzyOd4Lh8

^^^ This is freaking awesome.... Feel free to do more of these! :clap: :clap:

^^^ This is freaking awesome.... Feel free to do more of these! :clap: :clap:

Aw, thanks, truthteller (I wonder how many people read that and thought "no, don't encourage her!" :lol: ).

I just realized one has to scroll down on my original post to see what the song is. I want to know how many people had "Nights in White Satin" pop into their head as soon as they saw the first line of the parody! :D

My son had all of those annoying plastic piece K'nex things. We're talking freaking huge rubbermaid containers full of them. He disassembled his Rollercoaster Tycoon once he had that drivers license in his hand (priorities and such) but I don't think he'd actually touched that monstrosity since he was fifteen. I just got the privilege of cleaning around it and knocking pieces off, always on accident of course ;) I just bagged up all of it and sent it with Mr. Nellie for a coworker with kids who were old enough for it. I did tell him to warn both the parents. I can't tell you how many of those pieces I had to pick out of the canister of my vacuum, -nothing like picking through dog hair and dirt to find neon yellow, half-wheel shaped parts. Good times!

Hi, name twin! I like the avatar! :greetings-wavingblue:

I am another 25-year-old woman who loves Roller Coaster Tycoon. :D We didn't have Oregon Trail at school here in Canada, instead we had a game called Cross Country Canada which I desperately wish I could find and play again. It was all about, get ready for this..... being a truck driver. You had to get your cargo from one city to another, make sure you got enough sleep, kept the truck fuelled up, etc. You could get pulled over for speeding or not wearing your seatbelt, and you were warned to never pick up hitchhikers (so of course we always did). Some of them would smash your windows!

I LOVED Cross Country Canada! I remember trying to finish my school work really quickly so that I would have time to play it at school, since we didn't have a computer at home.

Hiya Nelliebelle1197 :chi-yes: I'm like a kindergartner with these emoticons. Thank you for the avatar compliment. I liked the one from Family Guy better but was too lazy to shrink it down. :lol:

I LOVED Cross Country Canada! I remember trying to finish my school work really quickly so that I would have time to play it at school, since we didn't have a computer at home.

When I was in elementary school we had this game where you were a fish and had to swim around eating the right things for your species and avoiding fishermen and predators. I don't remember what it was called, but it was damn fun. I was lucky to benefit from the Minnesota Educational Computing Consortium (makers of the original Oregon Trail, heyooo) and their fantastic games.

When I was in elementary school we had this game where you were a fish and had to swim around eating the right things for your species and avoiding fishermen and predators. I don't remember what it was called, but it was damn fun. I was lucky to benefit from the Minnesota Educational Computing Consortium (makers of the original Oregon Trail, heyooo) and their fantastic games.

I totally remember that fish game! Haven't thought about it in years. It's how I learned what plankton was. And much like Oregon Trail, it was a lot of fun trying to get yourself killed. And there was something with a treasure chest when you reached a certain level?

I totally remember that fish game! Haven't thought about it in years. It's how I learned what plankton was. And much like Oregon Trail, it was a lot of fun trying to get yourself killed. And there was something with a treasure chest when you reached a certain level?

If this is what I think it is, it was called Odell Lake. I loved that game too!

Oh my gosh, I forgot about that fish game till now, but yeah! I remember playing that too, and it was awesome!

If this is what I think it is, it was called Odell Lake. I loved that game too!

Oh man, that is it! I remember playing it on a two-color monitor.

Mom in white short shorts,

Safe at home with my friends.

Let me live on here

May this life never end.

We don’t know what we’ve missed

Living here with the ducks

People have told us

That our life really sucks.

I love penguins

I love penguins

Oh, how I love them.

Holding my cake up

Each year, by the bed,

Parents surround me,

’Cause I’ll never wed.

Some try to tell us

That our lives are just wrecks

But I can’t hear them ‘cause

I’m dismantling K’nex.

I love penguins

I love penguins

Oh, how I love them.

thoughtful, I am starting to think that you are one of my longtime friends, with whom I spent many happy hours, from sixth grade on, writing snarky song parodies. If you are not the gal who already knew how to read in kindergarten and whom I fixed up with her future husband when they were bridesmaid and usher at my wedding, I will 'splode because there are TWO such awesome persons in the universe!

thoughtful, I am starting to think that you are one of my longtime friends, with whom I spent many happy hours, from sixth grade on, writing snarky song parodies. If you are not the gal who already knew how to read in kindergarten and whom I fixed up with her future husband when they were bridesmaid and usher at my wedding, I will 'splode because there are TWO such awesome persons in the universe!

I am not her (could read before kindergarten, they tell me, but not married and have only been a bridesmaid for a sibling's wedding).

The good news is, we are out there, the lovers and writers of parody. You and I and your childhood friend are part of a worldwide community of people who waste our time enrich the world by matching the wrong words to songs for fun.

;)

I am not her (could read before kindergarten, they tell me, but not married and have only been a bridesmaid for a sibling's wedding).

The good news is, we are out there, the lovers and writers of parody. You and I and your childhood friend are part of a worldwide community of people who waste our time enrich the world by matching the wrong words to songs for fun.

;)

Like you, I can whip these up on the spur of the moment, but h8rs still sigh, "You have too much time on your hands." 30 seconds is too much time?

Hane and thoughtful, I revel in your awesomeness and feel a little jealous. I used to be a master (mistress?) of parody songs in my day, but that was when I was thinking/reading/breathing in Hebrew. Now I switched languages and cultures and seem to have decent communication skills, but the fun part is just not there. Bonus: it seems like I lost my ability to be fun in Hebrew as well. Oh, the joys of being multi-culti.

Archived