IGNORED

Kelly Clarkson pregnant

bionicmlle

So…. Kelly's been squaking about babymakin' for several months after "eloping" and now she announces she is pregnant via Twitter. I really have nothing against Kelly but I'm guessing we will see a very healthy-weighted preemie right around May….

I was thinking the same thing. She started talking about trying to get preggers so quickly on the talk show circuit.

Really, who cares? Another famous person gets knocked up.....

She posted on twitter that she wouldn't find the sex out for 2 months i would assume at the 20 week ultrasound. Which would mean she is about 3 months now. She eloped on October 20th. Ahe had to have been pregnant before.

Does it matter anymore if a couple is pregnant before they are married? Since so many couples don't bother with the formality (or one is already married to someone else...) I guess I don't care?

Does it matter anymore if a couple is pregnant before they are married? Since so many couples don't bother with the formality (or one is already married to someone else...) I guess I don't care?

It seems it is to some. I have never understood that mentality as it has no bearing .....well on really anything. Being married is no guarantee that you will be good parents or even stay together in a relationship. I think that is more a sign of the current times as in days gone by divorce was not a consideration.

So it's basically just a what will 'the Jones' think type of pressure which has been around well forever. Obviously I am not discussing the religious aspect as again it does not interest me :lol: Outcome remains the same.

Kelly Clarkson is from a small, conservative town in Texas. I imagine this is the story that is being told to family and friends in an effort to halt the wagging of any tongues that would suggest that she isn't being a "good" girl by having the baby after the marriage.

It is now possible to learn the gender of a fetus at 10 weeks gestation with a blood test called MaterniT21.The test has been available in Europe for some time, but is new (11 months or so) in the US.

I doubt Kelly is thinking of this test, though, because that would put her at all of 2 weeks pregnant...which means she's just now ovulating.

Yeah, I'd guess engagement or honeymoon baby, :)

*Meant to say, "having the baby before marriage" - that's what I get for posting when I'm tired. ;)

I have no concern about when she actually got pregnant but she sure did make a show of telling the media over and over and over that they were "trying" and how desperately she wanted to be pregnant when it turns out she must have known the whole time. Why not just be discreet, keep your mouth shut and then make an announcement like every other celebrity? It seemed like overkill in order to keep the fanbase/family believing she was chaste.

I don't ever recall Kelly claiming to be "chaste" at any point in her career. She's been living with her new husband for a while now. What does it matter if she did get pregnant before her wedding? It's not a scandal at all in 2013.

Archived