IGNORED

Daily Mail has big article on VF and Doug is a Tool

Lady Grass Lake

Link not broken because it's a new site:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ffair.html

It's at the top of the page right now.

Oooo, pictures of his whole family, a Duggar Picture, the Doug Phillips is a Tool picture in the red vest and ruffled Bib, and at the bottom of the article are links to other articles - a virtual GOLD Mine.

Love it.

They really explain well what Quiverfull, and the Patriarchy movement are all about. Best of all, they connect the Duggars to this belief system.

The one thing I'll miss about Doug Phillips Is A Tool is the cosplay. I love dressing in historical costumes, and I even bought a bunch of Jenny Chancey's patterns before I knew about her. Man, I want to wear 18th and 19th century dresses to work!

Love it.

They really explain well what Quiverfull, and the Patriarchy movement are all about. Best of all, they connect the Duggars to this belief system.

Yeah I was happy to see them tied to the Duggars! People need to realize just what the Duggars' beliefs are like. I have read countless posts on various general purpose news-commentary forums where people say "it's fine for them to have all those kids, because they pay their own way and earn it" etc etc without ever looking in closely.

Anyway I'm surprised to hear the entire ministry is being shut down! Definitely need to go catch up in the other threads now...

In the first pic, is the oldest girl the one in the video of a daughter singing while Doug is being creepily touchy feely? She doesn't look the same but the only one old enough to be her.

Surprising to see the Daily Fail do such a thorough take-down of Doug Phillips and the Quiverfull movement! Although my pessimistic side wants to say that this article was simply written as clickbait, I'm pleased to see that they outline the regressive ideas of VF while highlighting their connection to the Duggars.

I'm surprised that the article linked the Duggers into it, previous Mail articles have made idols of both them and the Bates.

I'm surprised that the article linked the Duggers into it, previous Mail articles have made idols of both them and the Bates.

The beginning of the end, maybe?

Surprising to see the Daily Fail do such a thorough take-down of Doug Phillips and the Quiverfull movement! Although my pessimistic side wants to say that this article was simply written as clickbait, I'm pleased to see that they outline the regressive ideas of VF while highlighting their connection to the Duggars.

It's a reprint of the huffpo one.

In that duggar pic, is the girl at the far left a duggar? Her skin looks the wrong color, her hair texture is wrong and so is the hairstyle.

In that duggar pic, is the girl at the far left a duggar? Her skin looks the wrong color, her hair texture is wrong and so is the hairstyle.

Ah, that makes so much more sense! Like mentioned previously in the thread, I've seen them mentioned in glowing terms many-a-time in the Daily Mail before. Well, there goes my last bit of optimism. I guess I should be happy that DM readers are getting a small dose of reality.

In the first pic, is the oldest girl the one in the video of a daughter singing while Doug is being creepily touchy feely? She doesn't look the same but the only one old enough to be her.

Where is this video?

I think it was several pages back in this thread. Sorry I don't know where to get a link.

Oops, I meant in the other Doug Thread- the main one going about him leaving VF.

No.

I think that is an old picture. The daughter that is singing is his second youngest daughter, Faith, according to the other thread.

http://vimeo.com/59454915

I just watched the video today and found it to be rather uncomfortable to watch.

eta: complete thought

Most news articles are generic rehashes of others.

What is slightly different is the addition of the sidebar and the linking to the Duggars. Long may the reporting of 'quiverfull' have to be accompanied by an explanation of what it actually is when reported outside the US.

It's interesting it made it to the fail, slow night maybe. That's about as positive as I've ever been about the fail :lol: I'm not interested enough to go and buy it though, to see if it made it to the hard copy.

I just have to comment on the singing video... WTF?

They both have ok voices, but they chose a very difficult piece, they can't remember the lyrics so they have to read from a paper and they clearly hasn't rehearsed very much... and yet they think that they are good enough to walk out on that stage to perform in front of a big audience? The arrogance and hubris is just burning. :angry-banghead:

Finally on my PC to watch the video.

Damn, I found myself curling into a ball of "eeewww." However, at the same time I don't really feel that this is necessarily evidence the victim was someone that close to him. The daughter was clearly nervous and I believe Dougie-poo thought he was calming her nerves.

On the other hand, I think this video does show how easily it would have been for any sheltered SAHD to become a victim. Dougie is very touchy with his daughters...so I could see if the victim was a SAHD (or even someone not as sheltered) could have interpreted his moves as fatherly instead of creeper.

I was the victim of sexual harassment in the workplace a few years ago. When it happened, I was in a state of shock...I kept questioning myself. I asked myself if I interpreted his actions the wrong way, or maybe he didn't "mean" to. The perp was a much more senior person in my company and someone who was extremely good at making a lot of people money, and at the time I was working for him so there was that power imbalance as well. I was afraid to tell as the economy was in the tank, and I was the only income in my HH at that time so I felt that by going to management I was risking my position. Earlier this year, same person on two separate occasions within a few days of each other harassed me again. However, this time I went to my boss....and honestly nothing happened except I was assigned to a different team.

Even as a non-sheltered woman, I can understand how a SAHD may have kept quiet for years. At the time it started, she probably had far more to lose for coming out than to gain. I feel so sad that she suffered in silence for 6 years. However noxious I find VF to be, at least someone in the org recognized how bad the situation was and put a stop to it. Unfortunately, I do believe it had to have been someone with more pull than Dougie has to have done it. It makes me wonder if there are other victims out there, who are not in a position to make public their accusations against Dougie.

Most news articles are generic rehashes of others.

What is slightly different is the addition of the sidebar and the linking to the Duggars. Long may the reporting of 'quiverfull' have to be accompanied by an explanation of what it actually is when reported outside the US.

It's interesting it made it to the fail, slow night maybe. That's about as positive as I've ever been about the fail :lol: I'm not interested enough to go and buy it though, to see if it made it to the hard copy.

No, the huffpo one was about the duggars, too.

No, the huffpo one was about the duggars, too.

Yeah, like a said just a rehash with some ABC's.

The comments are GOLD though. I'm amazed so many from the US read that rag...why would anybody, it's rubbish.

Some highlights, although I see some tool comments hehe. :lol:

How many men like this America breeds! We may have them, but at least they don't think they've been instructed to be overbearing and over interested in sex by the Bible!

No, you just have benefit scroungers who pump out kid after kid in order to obtain more money from the state.

:lol:

He should have worn those super underpants that Mitt Rommey wears!!!

It makes me wonder if there are other victims out there, who are not in a position to make public their accusations against Dougie.

They very seldom stop at one.

The video was creepy and to me showed a proud but domineering father. How many times did he kiss her? It was all extremely poor stage presence on his part and I took it to be controlling behavior.

Long may the reporting of 'quiverfull' have to be accompanied by an explanation of what it actually is when reported outside the US.

There would need to be an explanation of quiverful and the patriarchy movement here in the U.S. too.

I know it's hard to tell from reading here, but that is very, very far outside the norm in the U.S.

There would need to be an explanation of quiverful and the patriarchy movement here in the U.S. too.

I know it's hard to tell from reading here, but that is very, very far outside the norm in the U.S.

I suppose reading here makes me forget it really is not as big as it is in reality, which is a relief. The mixing of right wing politics and religion confuses the issue probably.

Jesus McChrist, that Dougie/ daughter duet video is HIGHLY disturbing. I couldn't even watch to the end. This guy is a creep of the highest order.

Archived