IGNORED

Martha Morton is Courting

Kira

I have been reading the Mortons/Smiths/Sanders for years and found the Captain Bret treasure trove of videos a long time ago. It cracks me up to read people's response to seeing the crazy for the first time!

The Captain had a three part series of baby care instructions that I decided to rewatch this year after having my first child. I had no idea the first time I saw it but now I know just how harmful the advice is. Made me cry.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're shitting me, right? In America and Australia the proper spelling is LAUNDRY MAT?

I had no idea... :o I assumed that the spelling in my Brit and Canadian dictionaries (laundromat) was the correct one.

I have been reading the Mortons/Smiths/Sanders for years and found the Captain Bret treasure trove of videos a long time ago. It cracks me up to read people's response to seeing the crazy for the first time!

The Captain had a three part series of baby care instructions that I decided to rewatch this year after having my first child. I had no idea the first time I saw it but now I know just how harmful the advice is. Made me cry.

It was "fun" seeing these again. The Morton/Smith craziness is underrated.

Back to Martha.....I wish Adeline would give us the full engagement story. There is nothing about the engagement on the Alexander blog.

You're shitting me, right? In America and Australia the proper spelling is LAUNDRY MAT?

I had no idea... :o I assumed that the spelling in my Brit and Canadian dictionaries (laundromat) was the correct one.

You are ALL Wrong :p

It is actually launderette :lol:

Have to say I have never heard of laundry mat, wonder where or why it originates, possibly because of the process in days gone by?

Laundromat is not a term generally used here. In Glasgow it's called the Steamie :lol: or just the Cleaners and don't start me on the Winter Dykes!!!!! Or Horses!!!

Laundromat is the correct one in the US. As someone noted earlier, laundrymat is a corruption that is used occasionally. Google will even correct you if you type Laundrymat.

Washateria and launderia are also common terms, in my experience. Both are certainly more common than the "laundrymat" version in the areas I've lived in.

Another gem:

Katie and her mother discuss the benefits of homebirth.

Thanks for this link! I remember watching this one years ago and wanted to see it again but didn't think I'd be able to find it.

The way Katie talks weirds me out. Her mom sounds much more normal and coherent.

Those videos are so awkward to watch.... Captain Bret must be one of THE most annoying and insane fundies there are. Just his high-pitched crazy-ass voice makes me want to :angry-banghead:

Thanks for this link! I remember watching this one years ago and wanted to see it again but didn't think I'd be able to find it.

The way Katie talks weirds me out. Her mom sounds much more normal and coherent.

It's like that baby voice Michelle does mixed with her southern accent.

Katie just sounds really out of it. To me she doesn't sound like J'chelle; she sounds like a very sleep deprived person who is struggling to hold a coherent conversation. I've been there. :D

She sounds like she's mentally not all there, to put it delicately. Her voice sounds like that in every other video in which she's heard to speak as well, so I don't think it's sleep deprivation. Whether she's actually that vacant or just cultivates the voice to impress the menfolk with her submissive womanliness, who knows.

She sounds like she's mentally not all there, to put it delicately. Her voice sounds like that in every other video in which she's heard to speak as well, so I don't think it's sleep deprivation. Whether she's actually that vacant or just cultivates the voice to impress the menfolk with her submissive womanliness, who knows.

I've only seen the one video, so was just going on what I saw there. If she's like that all the time I agree that she's not all there. It kind of makes me understand her confusion and lack of decision-making over getting married.

If I recall correctly, the Morton grandfather also married the Smith grandmother after meeting at one of the grandkids' weddings. I wonder how that "courtship" went. Did they follow the rules of biblical betrothal? Did grandpa have to contact Captain Bret to ask permission to court his mother? Or are grandma and grandpa sinful heathens who made their own decisions, resulting in a express passage straight to hell?

Those videos... wow. I want to give Katie the benefit of the doubt after childbirth, but she does seem remarkably incoherent in both the courtship video and the homebirth video. Mama Morton seems positively an orator by comparison.

I didn't realize that Bethany was the go-to girl for Cap'n Bret's video movie stravaganza. I wonder why.. were Rachel and Kressy both married by then? We don't see much Rachel here, but I didn't think she was that much older than Bethany.

I thought Morton/Sanders grandparents married, not Morton/Smith? Maybe I was wrong.

Those videos... wow. I want to give Katie the benefit of the doubt after childbirth, but she does seem remarkably incoherent in both the courtship video and the homebirth video. Mama Morton seems positively an orator by comparison.

I didn't realize that Bethany was the go-to girl for Cap'n Bret's video movie stravaganza. I wonder why.. were Rachel and Kressy both married by then? We don't see much Rachel here, but I didn't think she was that much older than Bethany.

I thought Morton/Sanders grandparents married, not Morton/Smith? Maybe I was wrong.

A couple of the videos I watched featured a very young-looking Kressant doing the introduction, but I only saw Rachel in one video, for a couple of seconds.

Kinda weird that Adeline hasn't made a follow-up post yet, more than a week later, since she said in her original one "see you Monday!" and that she could hardly wait to show everyone all of the pictures. And Tayte's family's blog has a couple of new posts since the engagement but nary a word about it.

Rachel seemed shy, and not one to be on camera much. Beth's the bubbly outgoing one to stick on camera.

Katie is pregnant (most likely), and will be having 7 kids in 8ish years of marriage if she's due in spring near her anniversary. Another 10 years of this and she'll be close to Duggar/Bates numbers.

She'll be 31 in April.

I think Kressant will overtake her in the baby production stakes. She's pg with her 6th in 7 years, but she's 4 or 5 years younger. If she keeps it up she'll be onto number 9 by the time she's Katie's age.

I had a root canal a couple of weeks ago :sick: . I tried to meditate while the procedure went on, as a means of distraction. My meditation was listing the names and birth order of the S'Mortonsanders Clan. I was stumped on Ronny, so it really helped pass the time.

I had a root canal a couple of weeks ago :sick: . I tried to meditate while the procedure went on, as a means of distraction. My meditation was listing the names and birth order of the S'Mortonsanders Clan. I was stumped on Ronny, so it really helped pass the time.

Did you try to name the children and grandchildren or just the grandchildren? Sadly, I think I can list their names and birth order.

Sorry about the root canal buts that's really funny.

• 2 weeks later...
And Daddy cried, and we all did, as we saw the goodness of the Lord unfold in front of us, her smile and looking into her eyes, yours misty over her laugh. A father's hug, and Tayte standing there...

Tayte standing there, hoping that the hand sex will tide him over until he too can finally hug Martha.

Archived