IGNORED

IM Pei's horrible architecture reeks of his evil chineseness

antares

There is no-one to call out Pei's odd, and often ugly, designs. So far at least. Like Kahn, he might be hiding behind his foreignness to sell us his ideas: "This is the work of a minimalist, Chinese intellect," might be his argument, or one that his Western spokesmen might make for him. Using fancy words such as "minimalism" and "conceptual art" also allows these elitist, but ignorant, sophisticates to advance such projects. But, ordinary people will someday catch on when we've had enough of living with such edifices.

(It's helpful to post snippets).

Oh Kidist! The cherry on top of the crazy cake. I swear that woman deserves a lifetime achievement award in batshittery.

Saw the title of this thread and instantly knew it was Kidist. She really does need to get some new (hate) material.

Edited to correct spelling errors, even though I am a Homeskool Hero and therefore have an excuse to sound illiterate.

Well, Kidist, I'm sure the buildings you design are completely free of foreign influences. What's that? You don't design buildings? You have no background in architecture at all? Now I'm confused . . .

There is no-one to call out Pei's odd, and often ugly, designs.

Knowing that Kidist said that... my irony meter just exploded. :roll:

Fun fact...the TD Centre (the black building in the first picture) was the building where Patrick Bateman worked in American Psycho.

I like the CIBC building (which is actually called Commerce Court). I was there on Friday visiting a friend. Kidist is a fucking moron and if I see her on the street I will point and laugh in her general direction. That woman is toxic and needs to take advantage of the free mental health care available in Canada. I think she needs a link to CAMH.

I'm not going to read that. errr...maybe I will.

When i was in college I did a paper on three influential designers. I choose to write about IM Pei, Maya Lin and Frank Gehry.

ETA: I read it or rather skimmed. It's the writings of someone who is trying to make themselves seem educated and cultured without any backing.

I'm not going to read that. errr...maybe I will.

When i was in college I did a paper on three influential designers. I choose to write about IM Pei, Maya Lin and Frank Gehry.

I'm sure Kidist hates Maya Lin's work and hates the Viet Nam Veterans' Memorial most of all. What could be more offensive to someone like her than a memorial that says "In war, young men and women die. These are their names."

Does this woman just actively search out shit to be racist about?

Saw a building must be racist.

Saw an outfit must be racist.

It must be exhausting to be her.

OH :lol: At the random office ceiling she took a picture of. That's fairly universal not just Chinese.

Oh for fucks sake! It is insane to me how someone can be so delusional...but so is the way of Kidist. Comparing buildings built in the 1930's vs the 1970's is an apples and oranges situation, of course they are likely to be done in different styles regardless of the architect (or architects ethnicity, as that is the only thing that maters to Kidist). Oh the crazy is strong with this one.

When I skimmed over this the first words that caught my eye were "elitist, but ignorant". I thought that was Kidist writing her memoirs, because those adjective describe her perfectly.

It's amazing how you can learn to identify certain bloggers by just a few key words and ideas. Anything to do with Asians and it's pretty much a 100% certainty that Kidist is at it again. Submit, submit, submit and it's sure to be Lori. You don't even have to open the threads.

I saw the thread title and knew it had to be Kidist the Racist. Sure enough...

I also knew it was Kidist.

Knowing that Kidist said that... my irony meter just exploded. :roll:

Luckily, there is FJ to call out Kidist's odd, and often ugly, comments.

Commerce Court and the TD Centre are both examples of big banks building steel and glass skyscrapers. TD happened to use the color black. Otherwise, there's not a helluva lot of difference. FWIW, my dad worked in the TD Centre and also found the color to be really drab compared with the other steel-and-glass buildings.

I had no idea that I.M. Pei designed Commerce Court. Maybe that's because in downtown Toronto, in a sea of steel-and-glass, there really is nothing that makes an Asian architect stand out from a white architect.

Archived