IGNORED

I hate the Daily Mail (trigger warning)

JesusFightClub

And this is one of the many reasons why: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... g-job.html

Seriously what. I'm one of the "victims' families" who are supposed to be outraged that coppers get bonuses for having to deal with horrible crime scenes. I am not even slightly outraged. Granted, this happened in England and Wales, but if it happens in Scotland they richly deserve it. I have fucking PTSD from learning how my relative died (it was messy) I feel terrible for the coppers on the scene and I don't even like coppers. If they got an extra hundred quid it's less than they deserve.

One PC received £250 for ‘body retrieved from river which had been there for some time’, while a colleague got £200 when they ‘attended murder/suicide scene and assisted with the removal of the bodies’.

Two officers shared £400 to deal with ‘male hit by train – body dismembered’ and a sergeant got £200 when they were ‘witness to man who shot himself in chest and then assisted medical staff in extreme circumstances’.

Earlier this year two constables were each given £200 when they attended the scene of a ‘female on hard shoulder hit by vehicle, body thrown some distance’.

In 2011 four officers received a total of £800 to handle an ‘extreme decomposed body’ while one PC got £250 when they had to attend ‘suicide from bridge – hit by vehicles’.

That is some fucking nasty shit, and the Fail can be glib about it because their reporter probably hasn't seen any dead bodies. All of those things are horrible beyond description, and I know because I have seen dead bodies...and my dad still has nightmares after being first on the scene at a road traffic accident where the dead person was decapitated. Neither him nor me have a problem with coppers getting a hundred quid for a duty most people wouldn't be able to handle.

But coppers are public sector workers, so they are intrinsically evil. I do not love coppers at all, and I'm normally the last person to defend them, but I am disgusted at the Fail mocking extra payments for people who are doing something that no-one else has to do. In fact, I'm amazed that they didn't advocate workfare "benefits scroungers" should be forced to pick up limbs on the motorway...

It's the Fail's anti-copper weekend. They should ask me to be a columnist next time, because I proper don't like the polis and I've actually had a fair few run-ins with them which is more than Peter Hitchens can claim:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... st-us.html

I'm not sure why the Fail pays for Mr Hitchens to work out his issues:

The UK’s biggest and most violent organised crime syndicate, the Provisional IRA, now sits in government and receives taxpayer subsidies through its political front organisation.

This is very confusing, because I think most people are happy that the Provos stopped with the bombing and started with the negotiation. It's a good thing that shit stopped exploding, no?

I strongly doubt that it infects his life at all. Or that in leafy Hampshire his life is troubled by aggressive beggars or vandalism.

I've been arrested at 10am in my pyjamas and stuck in the back of a police van and denied a solicitor. This was somewhat annoying because I had plans for my day which didn't include spending time in a cell for eight hours and being interviewed by CID. However I didn't die and if that had happened to Hitchens he would have had column material for years. :lol:

It makes me laugh when well-paid Mail journos moan about The Evils of The Police and how Poor People Suffer, like they know about either of the above.

Makes me weep that I cannot open up Slate once a week and enjoy Christopher Hitchens in all his snarktastic glory anymore :cry: , and yet Peter continues to publish his drivel. Not. Fair.

Makes me weep that I cannot open up Slate once a week and enjoy Christopher Hitchens in all his snarktastic glory anymore :cry: , and yet Peter continues to publish his drivel. Not. Fair.

Wrong brother died, innit.

Here's something you'll enjoy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... chens.html

It's the Fail's anti-copper weekend. They should ask me to be a columnist next time, because I proper don't like the polis and I've actually had a fair few run-ins with them which is more than Peter Hitchens can claim:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... st-us.html

I'm not sure why the Fail pays for Mr Hitchens to work out his issues:

This is very confusing, because I think most people are happy that the Provos stopped with the bombing and started with the negotiation. It's a good thing that shit stopped exploding, no?

I strongly doubt that it infects his life at all. Or that in leafy Hampshire his life is troubled by aggressive beggars or vandalism.

I've been arrested at 10am in my pyjamas and stuck in the back of a police van and denied a solicitor. This was somewhat annoying because I had plans for my day which didn't include spending time in a cell for eight hours and being interviewed by CID. However I didn't die and if that had happened to Hitchens he would have had column material for years. :lol:

It makes me laugh when well-paid Mail journos moan about The Evils of The Police and how Poor People Suffer, like they know about either of the above.

Granted, I haven't been in England for 27 years, but I highly doubt that "out-of-control littering and spitting" is the biggest threat to the public. In any case, I don't see anything saying that foot patrols are going away.

National security agencies tend to focus on those things that go beyond local enforcement - organized crime, terrorism, drug trafficking, etc. Yes, you do want to make sure that such an agency follows the law and doesn't trample on individual rights and freedoms, but surely he can understand that, unlike spitting or littering, terrorist plots and organized crime groups tend to cross municipal boundaries?

My dad worked on the railway. Policemen (and railway workers) having to deal with people who decide to take their lives by walking under a train deserve everything they can get for having to deal with the mess. And we're talking real mess here. As in ground-up, splintered bone, complete dismemberment mess. Vomit-inducing mess.

I don't like the police either, but why shouldn't they be decently paid for something that no-one else is prepared to do, but they have no choice about? Decomposition and dismemberment are not pretty. Some of us even go green and feel like puking when we come across something we forget in the fridge that's grown a nice green fur coat. They see, and have to handle, far worse.

(Also spare a thought for the train drivers. Over the 40 years he worked for British Rail, Dad knew several who never drove a train again after someone used them as a convenient way to commit suicide.)

You could not pay me enough to work one of those crime scenes, so I have no problem with the people who do getting some extra compensation.

They deserve a bonus. Nobody wants to deal with possibly the worst things that anyone can possibly experience. They dont realise how awful it would be to have to see a dead body-expecially someone who jumped in front of a train and is in bits on the track, or was decapitated, or was murdered in a messy and gruesome way, or was left undiscovered for weeks to decompose...

How come everyone just accepts that politicians and celebrities get a ton of money, yet complain when someone is given an extra £500 because they saw the horribly traumatizing sight of someone who has been hit by a train.

Wrong brother died, innit.

Here's something you'll enjoy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... chens.html

OMG, after reading that article I now have a stabbing pain from the bridge of my nose to my inner eye. Long time since I read anything of Peter's, so I had forgotten the degree of what a whiny little testicle he could be. :snooty: My forehead practically autopilots itself to the nearest wall whenever I read that COMMUNIST=HATRED OF YOUR COUNTRY piety.

As for begrudging first responders extra pay for having to deal with violent death and dismemberment I just can't.....

May Christopher's memory be eternal. He is missed.

Just... WTF?? How could a sane person object to these bonuses? If there's anything to be annoyed at, it's that the amounts paid are too stingy. I don't think £200 is enough for having those images seared onto your brain forever.

Yeah. I do not love coppers and I STILL have no problem with them getting paid extra for dealing with horrific scenes. For a start, they need money to get their uniforms cleaned.

The only thing I like about the Daily Fail is that they have the appropriate attitude towards Scientology (snarky). The Fail have also gotten some really great pictures of Scientology events/locations, to the point where the head of Scientology moved the International Association of Scientologists event from England to the USA because the Fail had infiltrated last year and published pictures.

Despite that, I preface every introduction of a Fail link with, "It's the Daily Fail, watch out." Even in the USA we know this.

A topic about the Daily Mail could well be in the main section of the board, they are misogynistic assholes. All those articles about women who are not quite up for the job, how men are so much cleverer, shaming women for "leaving their children" to go to work and fabricating scandals (like the "scandal" about it being sexist to offer a set to a pregnant women, when nothing of the sort was ever said by the pregnant woman in question).

Archived