IGNORED

VF catalog online only this year, hmmm....

danvillebelle

I see from an email about the 2014 VF catalog that it is "available exclusively online this year!".

I hope the translation for this is: "people are figuring that we're a bunch of freaks, sales are down and we can't afford to print a catalog this year."

In related news, Doug Phillips is a tool.

Well, I hate to see this. I enjoyed paging through the crazy, and I'll miss it. Hopefully the bizarre pictures will still be in the online version.

Doug Phillips is a tool.... just not a tool in my mailbox anymore.

Perhaps this is so they can quickly change the artwork when it is discovered to be eminently snarkable. I seem to recall a few covers of their catalog that were completely either laughable or suggestive or both. If that happens with an online version it can be changed fairly easily.

I see from an email about the 2014 VF catalog that it is "available exclusively online this year!".

I hope the translation for this is: "people are figuring that we're a bunch of freaks, sales are down and we can't afford to print a catalog this year."

In related news, Doug Phillips is a tool.

Pity. The print catalogue offered so many opportunities to snark. It was worth having to give Doug Phillps (who is a tool) my address to get it. Perhaps VF blew their print budget on Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s toga party Godly mission to Greece.

Doug Phillips is a tool. Just sayin'.

Vision Forum's site is always good for a chuckle and a cringe. Doug the Tool always looks so smug like there is a Village People song (either YMCA or In the Navy) always playing in his head.

Aww, I remember looking forward to getting the VF catalog as a kid. My brothers and I would pore over all the cool toys in the boy section (zipline, covered wagon, child size replica swords and knight uniforms...) and then when I got to the girl's section I threw it away because even as a dress-wearing, pink-loving, doll-owning girly girl, I knew it was bogus that according to VF my ONLY concern should be tea parties or dressing up like Martha Washington or Elsie Dinsmore.

Just checked the website out of curiosity... looks like they've loosened up a bit since I was small. I saw throwing blades, Lego knock-offs, ziplines, and bug-studying equipment in the girls section! :pink-shock:

Maybe they're "going green". They've seen the light. They believe in science and global warming. They'll start selling books on evolution and have parties to celebrate the Higgs Boson and the big bang... ;)

Maybe they're "going green". They've seen the light. They believe in science and global warming. They'll start selling books on evolution and have parties to celebrate the Higgs Boson and the big bang... ;)

Right. And I'm going to win the Powerball despite not having a ticket.

I think the word "cheap" comes to mind here (except when we're talking about Doug Phillips who is a tool's penchant for fancy costumes, exotic vacations and self-promotion desire to take dominion over all he beholds).

I am compelled to repeat that Doug Phillips is a tool.

Statistically, the difference in the odds of winning between those having tickets and those not having tickets is zero. So maybe... :P

Maybe they figured out how much fun it was for us to request catalogs from them so they could pay the postage to send it to us. I requested one, then recycled it unopened when it arrived :)

I think the word "cheap" comes to mind here (except when we're talking about Doug Phillips who is a tool's penchant for fancy costumes, exotic vacations and self-promotion desire to take dominion over all he beholds).

I am compelled to repeat that Doug Phillips is a tool.

Its simple. They didnt want to give the cost of postage to teh ebil guvmint.

I'm surprised Doug Phillips is a tool doesn't have a Neiman Marcus like Christmas catalog where he peddles his Manly Romps as great gift ideas for the manly, young, firm, handsome men in everyone's life.

Having missed out on what sounds like a fascinating and hilarious visual banquet, none of you have back copies you'd care to scan for our amusement? Even if Doug Phillips is a tool, he's always good for a laugh.

Having missed out on what sounds like a fascinating and hilarious visual banquet, none of you have back copies you'd care to scan for our amusement? Even if Doug Phillips is a tool, he's always good for a laugh.

The items are online but I am not sure how the presentation stacks up to holding Doug Phillips is Tool in your hands,

The items are online but I am not sure how the presentation stacks up to holding Doug Phillips is Tool in your hands,

Barf.

The print catalogue was basically the online catalogue with maybe a little extra blather. The advantages of the print catalogue were that it could be used as bathroom reading, that it could be safely flung across the room in disgust (and/or used to swat insects), and it could be easily shared with friends who wanted visual proof that Doug Phillips is a tool.

Perhaps Doug Phillips (who is a tool) could be convinced to make print copies for the Christian families who believe computers are the instrument of Satan and will not be able to squander their money add to the funds needed for Doug Phillips (who is a tool)'s next vacation have access to the valuable resources in the catalogue.

Plus, since Doug Phillips (who is a tool) and is family are prominently featured in the catalogue, you would think he'd want it distributed as widely as possible to show off all their costumes. How could he deprive the masses of this privilege!

Nelliebelle, I don't know that I really want to hold Dougie's tool in my hands... Of course, if you put it that way, I don't much want to view it online, either. :lol:

Just decided to peruse the online store and found:

Food Heresies

How to Reform Our Theology of Food without Becoming a Selfish Marxist, a Radical Environmentalist, or an Imbalanced Vegan

Good lord.

Just decided to peruse the online store and found:

Food Heresies

How to Reform Our Theology of Food without Becoming a Selfish Marxist, a Radical Environmentalist, or an Imbalanced Vegan

Good lord.

A few years ago, some computer scientists wrote a computer program that compiled a random jumble of STEM jargon and got it published in an allegedly peer-reviewed journal.

I feel like I should write a similar program with fundie words and obsessions and sell the result through VF. It would be a goldmine!

As soon as I get finished with the TOol paperdoll, I'm going to have to buy the domain name ManlyToolsAndTours or something for his javascript version to live on. (I swear guys, I'll scan him soon. :P I've been moving and just got internet back Friday. Now to unpack my office and studio....)

Maybe he needs a paperdoll harem, too....

Archived