IGNORED

Why Moms of Many just seem like collectors to me

tankgirl

Ok, this is based on a ton of posts I read on a Mommy board I joined back when I was having Tankkid. I realized a long time ago that I had nothing in common with 90% of the people as they went more and more right (or just too wacko Hippie for me), I left for a while, but this board sort of lead me back and I am seriously shocked by some of these people. If anyone seems to doubt wanting more kids, they will regret it, if they don't accept all the blessings they are wrong, they plead letting "God plan their little blessings" then in the next post or in signatures talk all about how they are trying to conceive the next kid (how is that letting God do the planning?), I see people admitting they are in shocking poverty then on the next thread telling people to have more kids, cause, "God provides, and then you get the piles of Ezzo babies, stacked babies (yup, some of them though LiaS was a blueprint, not a shocking mistake in parenting), and so much more. I am just shocked some how still. I think the biggest thing for me is realizing how many collectors there really seem to be, and realized how really the terms accepting your blessings, really just means dammit I want more kids, cause it makes me feel special, when people notice I have tons of kids!

I also want to share two stories that are what is wrong with all this to me, I can't link because it's a log in board but one Mom with over 8 kids talks about eating rotten and expired food because they are too poor to afford better. They mostly shop at discount food shops buying damaged or expired food. She talks about eating food up to a year out of date, eating around or cutting up produce to find good bits, and the worst to me, old bread that they just cut the mold off even if it is months out of date. She is not willing to do food stamps, cause God, Government... blah, blah blah. She talks about scamaritian for medical and of course has all the other dubious fun stuff going on too, like homeschooling, hardcore fundie beliefs and other joyful things. She also loves to tell people to have more kids, is trying to have more kids, has them all in a tiny house they barely afford, and as you can see feeds them so well, but if you have them God will provide :angry-banghead:

The other that makes me bang my head, swears she is in a headship marriage, and allows God to provide those blessings, but at the same time she is so desperate to have as many kids as possible she has done everything; fertility meds, stopping nursing and tricking her husband in order to pop out as many as possible. In fact she started posting on fertility issues boards and taking meds when she was not being blessed by the next blessing at 6 months post partum. In fact she was horrified she might possibly have a 1 1/2 spacing between her two children, she wants them as close as possibly and if she isn't pregnant 3 months PP she starts to get more and more insane. Best part, her husband is never home, he does everything it seems to stay out of the home, he doesn't want the number of kids they have, keeps putting his foot down, then she gets him to fellowship at the right time and bam, another blessing. Her husband does nothing with the kids, works a low paying job, she just makes blessings, but damn it they will make it work out, as they start to fill the rafters with babies! Oh, best part she also says she leaves the numbers up to God, but unless the idiot doctor who gave her meds at 6 months PP is named Jesus, I really don't see how that all works out. Oh and I love how she tells everyone she is submissive to her husband and his desires :clap: :penguin-no:

Anyway, I know these stories as so common around the boards, but I have to admit some how I am still shocked. I just don't get it all, I just wanted to rant, and hopefully be reminded that these people are the majority of the people out there in the world, just on that board.

I don't understand ttcing or how using fertility drugs is OK, but birth control and family planning isn't.

Either its up to god or it isn't. And if you believe god gave us fertility drugs to help you conceive, then he must have given us birth control to help us maintain quality of life.

Also as a side note, while produce and perishables do spoil, and moldy or rotten foods are unwise to eat. Expiration dates are not measures of safety. There is no consistancy in the industry for how they are applied. Sell by dates are meant for retailers not consumers.So foods past date are a way one can save money on groceries. Obviously. It would be ideal not to find yourself in poverty.

Oh, I am totally fine with eating many things past the expiration too, but she was talking about some specific foods that terrified me, things like 2 month old yogurt and at a certain point even shelf stable foods do good bad, and I wonder just how far she was pushing some of these foods, when you are willing to eat around moldy bread, which I have read is really a bad idea.

I also don't get, yeah! fertility drugs, boo! birth control, these people make no sense!

One thing that always bothered me is how they number kids. "We're expecting #7" or "We just had #4". Don't they realize how that sounds to the kids--like they are just one more widget on the assembly line?

One thing that always bothered me is how they number kids. "We're expecting #7" or "We just had #4". Don't they realize how that sounds to the kids--like they are just one more widget on the assembly line?

People do that when they are having a second. A relative of mine just posted on FB that "Baby #2" is another boy. I really don't think that is something to criticize. A lot of people refer to one as their "first" because they intend to have at least one more.

The numbers thing is common I'm a number 4 :lol:

But I think the OP meant it in the way these people SAY it, like the higher the number the prouder they sound (and I gave birth to them ALL myself 8-) )

I too worry it is becoming a norm, then again I also hope deep down these people actually live on the interwebs and seem to be becoming more mainstream because we talk about them and hope it really is a niche. Tell me it's so? Hug me?

Yogurt rarely goes bad, so I can't snark on that. (I know we live in a society of paranoia over food safety at times, but people didn't even used to refrigerate yogurt)

What I don't understand is why they think God didn't want us to have children because we love then and to take care of them and raise them. I mean, I would like a large (ish) family someday, but they completely forget personal responsibility. If I couldn't take care of the ones I had, the last thing I would do is have more. And I'm saying this as a person who thinks kids can survive perfectly well without cell phones, iPods, and dance lessons. I don't think you need to be rich to have kids, but at the absolute very least you should be able to feed them! Sheesh....

ETA: how in the world can you have not enough food to eat, yet regular internet access? :cray-cray:

I wish the lady in your first example would start a blog. I imagine the snark possibilities would be endless!

I know! Kim at LiaS just isn't bringing the crazy like she used to. I'm sure she's still crazy, but her blog has gotten boring as fuck.

Yogurt rarely goes bad, so I can't snark on that. (I know we live in a society of paranoia over food safety at times, but people didn't even used to refrigerate yogurt)

What I don't understand is why they think God didn't want us to have children because we love then and to take care of them and raise them. I mean, I would like a large (ish) family someday, but they completely forget personal responsibility. If I couldn't take care of the ones I had, the last thing I would do is have more. And I'm saying this as a person who thinks kids can survive perfectly well without cell phones, iPods, and dance lessons. I don't think you need to be rich to have kids, but at the absolute very least you should be able to feed them! Sheesh....

ETA: how in the world can you have not enough food to eat, yet regular internet access? :cray-cray:

On the yogurt, I have heard that it is true pure yogurts don't go bad, but I heard that most of the one's you get in the states especially cheap one's have so much sugar the natural yeasts can't balance to keep things fresh. That is why fruit yogurts mold if they have actual fruit in them. I assumed she wasn't talking a nice plain Greek yogurt, but I sure hope I am wrong. Otherwise totally agree with you!

I have heard that it is true pure yogurts don't go bad, but I heard that most of the ones you get in the states especially cheap ones have so much sugar the natural yeasts can't balance to keep things fresh. That is why fruit yogurts mold if they have actual fruit in them. I assumed she wasn't talking a nice plain Greek yogurt, but I sure hope I am wrong. Otherwise totally agree with you!

I buy natural Greek style yoghurt and keep it in the fridge. If I forget about it it starts to grow mould. We're talking less than a fortnight from its Use By date.

Archived