IGNORED

Cave man/woman found in New Jersey

MamaJunebug

http://dlisted.com/2013/09/24/melissa-g ... -marriage/

Link unbroken because it is my patron saint of snark, Michael D at dlisted.

Melissa Gorga and her husband have published a book that basically guts any idea of egalitarian marriage.

The gals at Ladies Against Feminism should make this a featured item, or they are big, fat hypocrite-types.

Reader discretion is advised - the excerpts fromt he book are disgusting.

She goes to such effort to hide the fact that she shits just like every other human being in the world from her husband? Obviously he knows that women poop, right?

Did I just read that she is trying to fool her husband into believing she doesn't poop LOL? This is the most banal shit (literally) I've ever read.

I just think of all the laughs DH and I have over poop/fart. I guess a large part of love and marriage for me is being able to laugh with DH. It's gross and juvenile, but farts/poops can be funny.

I can't judge and if being an attractive doormat works for her, but it's certainly disgusting that she recommends this to others. I wonder exactly how long this marriage will last. Also, I can't believe that a woman who is well maintained and sexed up for her man can't keep a cheater from cheating. Cheaters gonna cheat y'all...

I just can't. She says by being open for sex at all times will keep her husband from having an affair? That is not how it works. Ugh. Awesome.

I read this story last night over at Jezebel. jezebel.com/real-housewife-melissa-gorgas-new-book-advocates-mar-1371722729 (link broken). I was horrified to think that this woman even has a base to market this book to let alone be able to get it published, well without self publishing. It seems to me, that despite her confessions of being an incredibly secure person she is far from it. Every single excerpt I read there screamed insecure, how can you be a fully functioning adult and mother when you are constantly having to perform on command sexually whether you like it or not, making sure you dress and act slutty enough that your husband doesn't stray, making sure you Mrs. Betty Crocker and have the house and kids kept immaculate, your clothes are perfect and your weight is perfect and god forbid you ever poop when he is home because women don't poop apparently. I am sure this is only scratching the tip of the iceberg. It also seems that Joe has quite the temper if things don't go exactly the way he wants them to.

Excerpt from the article: There are several instances in the book where Melissa recounts Joe's violent outbursts, not to call him out on it, but to explain how she learned to modify her own behavior because of it. One time he broke the baby's highchair. Another time he threw a chair in the middle of a restaurant. It wouldn't be a surprise if he's put his hands on her.[/i

Apparently a friend recently gave an interview stating that he had been violent with her. Not really a surprise, but how depressing and exhausting to choose to live your life this way. :?

This book is supposed to be a marriage guide on how to be happy instead it comes across as marriage how not to.

She goes to such effort to hide the fact that she shits just like every other human being in the world from her husband? Obviously he knows that women poop, right?

I don't know--Joe seems kind of...dense. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he believes that women don't poop.

I just think of all the laughs DH and I have over poop/fart. I guess a large part of love and marriage for me is being able to laugh with DH. It's gross and juvenile, but farts/poops can be funny.

Us, too. We talk about things--including pooping and farting--that I don't talk about with anyone else. There are some sensitive topics we don't discuss often, but we could discuss them if we wanted to. That's what marriage is all about to me. We are best friends, and I guarantee our marriage will last longer than these two fools'.

http://dlisted.com/2013/09/24/melissa-gorga-gives-wonderful-and-healthy-advice-about-marriage/

Link unbroken because it is my patron saint of snark, Michael D at dlisted.

Melissa Gorga and her husband have published a book that basically guts any idea of egalitarian marriage.

The gals at Ladies Against Feminism should make this a featured item, or they are big, fat hypocrite-types.

Reader discretion is advised - the excerpts fromt he book are disgusting.

Every once in a while I think if I were just willing to be completely horrible on TV, I'd be making a lot more money.... but I am not. And, I like being able to go to dinner parties without drama or yelling. I have never yet figured out how this couple had any money pre-reality show---nor how they expect to make money on a book, given that surely any fan base of theirs would not likely be people who read.

Us, too. We talk about things--including pooping and farting--that I don't talk about with anyone else. There are some sensitive topics we don't discuss often, but we could discuss them if we wanted to. That's what marriage is all about to me. We are best friends, and I guarantee our marriage will last longer than these two fools'.

Yep us too. I don't know how you'd even avoid it? I could probably avoid pooping near my partner but never farting? Surely not pooping when he is home would lead to stinky farts? :lol:

On behalf of the people of the State of New Jersey, I would like to apologize for having inflicted these fuckwits on humanity.

I dunno AreteJo, you should be proud, you have a wind and shit free human in your midst :lol:

Thankfully, I have no idea who these people are. I think I'll keep it that way. WTF?

Thankfully, I have no idea who these people are. I think I'll keep it that way. WTF?

I didn't, either, but I couldn't resist looking.

I liked this comment, which I think applies to many books we discuss here:

I'm sorry trees. You never meant to become this when you were harvested. You didn't have a choice. I'm truly sorry.

Yep us too. I don't know how you'd even avoid it? I could probably avoid pooping near my partner but never farting? Surely not pooping when he is home would lead to stinky farts? :lol:

Perhaps she used Poo Pourri!

pmzxhLo25RM

I haven't read the article but I would never go to the bathroom in front of my husband, that's just gross. Sorry. We don't discuss it either. Yikes. I do actually go to the bathroom in my own home though.

I think that Lori or Shitstain Mary could be her ghost writer. I read the first chapter of her book and it was awful.

Archived