IGNORED

The book club

Gertie

What happened to the book club? Bethella was running it and (s)he still seems to be around, but I haven't been a post for either of the last 2 books:

August 1: Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by John Krackauer

September 1: Was America Founded as a Christian Nation?: A Historical Introduction by John Fea

Is anyone still interested in doing the book club? It wasn't the most active discussion, but I still enjoyed it. I would certainly be up for continuing it. (Having said that, I actually didn't read the last two books--I didn't have time for Banner of Heaven and as a non-American, the Sep pick didn't interest me much. But if anyone else read them I'd be interested in following the discussion.) Oct 1 is supposed to be The Handmaid's Tale and I would like to have a discussion about that!

Bethella do you still want to keep running the book club? If not I could give it a shot...

I would be interested in joining in! I've not read the first two books but I just re-read The Handmaiden's Tale this summer and would like some people to discuss it with.

I had read it for the first time at the age of about 10 or 11 (I think I was hoping there would be some good love scenes, I was sadly disappointed). I have to say I got a lot more out of it this go around at 35.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be up for reading The Handmaid's Tale and discussing it for October 1. Thanks for the reminder! I think I still have my copy somewhere.

Archived