IGNORED

Making cupcakes with ICE CREAM

Mela99

I had to share this recipe, oh holy crap.

Whenever I make a cake from a boxed mix, I've always used milk instead of water, and butter instead of oil. I was on Pinterest the other day and saw a suggestion that you use melted ice cream instead of milk.

I did. And there are NO WORDS. I used a carton of Graeter's coconut chocolate chip in a box of devil's food cake and it was UNBELIEVABLE. Moist and creamy tasting and the flavor was SO RICH. And the chocolate chips and coconut shreds.

You could do a million different flavors. I think white cake and cherry ice cream would rock. I might make those next. Or get some wild Ben and Jerry flavors and see what I can do.

Anybody else try this? What combos sound good?

This sounds so amazing! I'm considering rushing out to the store RIGHT NOW to get the ingredients. I can picture strawberry or raspberry ice cream tasting really good in a vanilla cake and adding white chocolate chunks to the mix before baking.

• 2 weeks later...

:stir-pot: :stir-pot: I´m doing it RIGHT NOW:-) (I´m with my laptop in the kitchen and a box of vanilla/strawberry and a muffin recipe (any will do or? I searched for the pinteresT post) !

I´ll do them for lil´nyms+ me mommy&kids sewing class tomorrow. Pictures will follw :-D

:stir-pot: :stir-pot: I´m doing it RIGHT NOW:-) (I´m with my laptop in the kitchen and a box of vanilla/strawberry and a muffin recipe (any will do or? I searched for the pinteresT post) !

I´ll do them for lil´nyms+ me mommy&kids sewing class tomorrow. Pictures will follw :-D

Awsome!!

And yes - you can use any cake/muffin recipe that calls for milk. I can't wait to hear how they turn out! I might make some more this weekend to send up to my sister at college. Maybe some Ben and Jerry ones.

Soo, muffins are baked, tested and stored :dance:

Lil´Nyms test result: "YAMYAMYAMYAM! :mrgreen:

The dough was a bit more sticky as usual and then they turned out so fluffy and creamy, it´s gonna be a keeper definitely!

I made vanilla-strawberry and white chocolate with lemon juice as topping:

1df3c9-1379425010.jpg

Tomorrow at the bring-along, they will be a total hit at the Müsli-Mamies-pit :pray:

check out the cake mix doctor book, gal's name is Anne Byrne. She is awesome. I owe a friend some housewarming goodies & will sub in melted ice cream & try your suggestion:)

• 3 weeks later...
I had to share this recipe, oh holy crap.

Whenever I make a cake from a boxed mix, I've always used milk instead of water, and butter instead of oil. I was on Pinterest the other day and saw a suggestion that you use melted ice cream instead of milk.

I did. And there are NO WORDS. I used a carton of Graeter's coconut chocolate chip in a box of devil's food cake and it was UNBELIEVABLE. Moist and creamy tasting and the flavor was SO RICH. And the chocolate chips and coconut shreds.

You could do a million different flavors. I think white cake and cherry ice cream would rock. I might make those next. Or get some wild Ben and Jerry flavors and see what I can do.

Anybody else try this? What combos sound good?

That. is. so. amazing. Why have I not thought of this?! :clap: :drool: :clap:

Archived