IGNORED

Stopped taking meds for PPD

Meeka

livinginjoyfulchaos.blogspot.com

What is she thinking? You would think that her husband would be more on top of this than let her quit her meds. No worried though she is talkign vitamin B and trying to remember to call the counselor.

I love how the husband dismisses suicidal thoughts as a cry for attention. Guess what.... it IS a cry for help. A very very serious one you should listen to! And yes, maybe -just maybe- seeing a counselor would be a good idea.

Also, if you have severe PPD that severely limits your ability to parent your existing children maybe that's a sign you should stop birthing. [voice of experience]

God, I feel so sorry for this woman.

I just read through a few of this woman's blog posts and I hope she gets help soon. She has severe PPD, and based on the comments she made about how she's been "barely treading water" for the past nine years, most likely has non-pregnancy related depression too. If the side effects were too much, she should talk to her psychiatrist about trying a different medicine. It sounds like she only took them for a week or so, which may not have been enough time for them to kick in and do their thing. Also, her husband is a total tool for not taking her seriously, especially about the suicidal thoughts. He should be insisting that she see her doctor AND a therapist asap so that she can get the help she needs.

I feel very sorry for her and I hope that she gets help soon.

Also not loving that the sidebar book recommendation she's posted up on her blog is a delightful-sounding read called "Pushed: the Painful Truth About Childbirth".

Not really a ringing endorsement for the positive experience that is fundie child-rearing.

Sounds like this woman should definitely be ON the meds...

Just read some of this one's posts - this is a disaster in the making. I hope she gets back on appropriate treatment and sees a psychiatrist or at the very least I hope someone is watching out for her children.

Pushed: The Painful Truth About Childbirth isn't about how awful it is to give birth. It's about the problems with American obstetric care which treats all women and pregnancies as high-risk and pathological. The book doesn't consider a healthy, low-intervention birth where the woman is treated with care and respect and both mother and child are happy, healthy, and safe at the end to be an terrible experience at all.

Anyway, back on topic... I've had PPD. I've had depression. This lady seems to have a bad case of both and I sincerely hope her husband realizes that she is drowning and needs REAL help.

Just read some of this one's posts - this is a disaster in the making. I hope she gets back on appropriate treatment and sees a psychiatrist or at the very least I hope someone is watching out for her children.

I agree, and I think her husband is a tool for dismissing her suicidal thoughts, as they should be taken seriously. If he really cared about his wife, he would make sure she gets the right treatment, even if it means getting her on an emergency psychiatric hold. I really hope someone is watching out for the children in this situation.

Why am I thinking of Andrea and Rusty-makes-me-stabby-Yeates (sp?) while I'm reading this? This doesn't sound good to me at all. PPD is a serious condition, and she should listen to her doctor not her headship. :x I truly feel sorry for her.

Archived