IGNORED

When A Patriarch Dies

Want More Babies

I have been following "Aunt Mae" from auntmaes.com/ She also has a Facebook page www.facebook.com/pages/Mae-Raymond-Bene ... 0045747417

She is the one who decided what an evil feminist she was so came home and was a stay at home wife/mother. Her husband died, leaving her with no life insurance, and just a small military pension. They have grown children, and are raising their grandson as their own. "Arrow" is 14.

Arrow has a job and is giving half his income to his mother as she has taught him, "We spoke briefly about the responsability of a son to take care of his widowed mother. He offered me half of the money he earns. Gave me great pleasure to hear him say this. I didn't want to deprive him of the pleasure and honor of doing the Lord's will and being obedient to what the bible requires of him. May he continue to grow in godliness and maturity!"

One lady commented and had this to say, " I will pray for him for his interview and also for what a great opportunity it is for him to have a mother to put half his money away for a college fund as he is only 14 and doesn't deserve the weight of the world on his stomach just yet. He deserves to be a child and enjoy childhood not support a family at such a crucial age. I to lost my father at a young age and it has caused me great pain in having to grow up so fast and feeling the weight of needing to take care of my mom for me. It actually made me worse off now as a grown adult. Praying for him and for u as well to find it in your heart that he does not need that weight."

Of course we all know how that went over. :cry: Her response to this was, "I am so sorry to hear about the death of your daddy. It must have been a difficult time for you and your mom. I extend to you my deepest sympathies.

I am working on a much longer response to the rest of your comment, which I will post sometime later.

What I will say is that God's word says ~

It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.

Lamentations 3:27"

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.18708 ... 417&type=1

This just PISSES ME OFF! Get off your lazy ass and get a J-O-B other than begging for money on FB and selling homemade jewelry and "oils". Some "Patriarch" you had there who died and left you penniless.

She also would like a new computer to run her "business" from and they also have a mold problem in their house, thankfully essential oils got rid of that. She had brake problems and her 14 year old son is replacing them, with the help of a neighbor. Good thing he attends SOTDRT so he can spend his day working so his mom can sit home all day.

The whole thing upsets me. That is not the pressure a 14 year old needs to have to face every day. :angry-banghead:

Poor kid :( Hes had to grow up far too fast. Shes the adult here, so she should be out working, send the boy to school so he can be a kid, instead of make him work for a living and keep the family going at 14. Yeah, sure if he wants a job to earn money to buy something he wants, like offering to do chores for people or delivering newspapers, but he shouldnt be supporting his family :(

This is simply the case of an incredibly lazy woman. Nothing more. She used to work, so we know she's perfectly capable of getting and keeping a job. She's just to lazy to be bothered to do it anymore. Why get up off your ass when your kid will do it for you. Who cares if you're ruining his life. You don't have to work and that's all that matters.

You know, someday, this kid is going to wise up. When that happens, he's going to pack his bags and walk. What is she going to do then? Be homeless? Not eat? And she has the gall to criticize me? At least I work for a living. At least I'm a productive member of society. At least, as an adult, I'm earning money and taking care of myself instead of letting a child do it for me. It's pretty sad when a 14 year old kid is more motivated than a grown ass woman.

What a lazy asshole she is. Hope that her grandson does wise up & escape to a life of his own.

This makes me so angry. My dad, who was born in 1936, was expected to turn over half of his paycheck to his dad from when he started working as a teenager until he joined the Army in his 20s. He grew up in extreme poverty and his mom and dad (a coal-miner) were very hard-working so he never did it bc his mom felt entitled to have him support her, but because they literally needed it. They didn't have electricity until my dad was 15. And between raising 14 kids, burying 3 children who were 11 and younger, washing her laundry by hand, and baking all her bread by necessity, plus cooking and cleaning, my grandmother didn't have time to sell oils, make chocolate-cherry scented soap, and write about how wonderful she was bc she was too busy working herself to death to get by. And she certainly did not have the time or means to dress up in pearls and a faux-fancy hat and have someone take her picture while she rambled on to the world what a Godly woman she was!

What kind of job could this tiny 14 year old do anyway? Delivering papers (do you still do that anyway, it´s so 80s-sitcomish)? Mow the lawn of some neighbours, who probably just pity him, for a few bucks? Cat-sitting?

I bet this lazy-ass laments over the lost "good ol´days" where she would have been able to sell little Arrow to a fishing smack!

Send CPS to her house!

What an arrogant, lazy asshole! She's going to be ass out when that boy decides he's done being taken advantage of.

So what if you have multiple sons? Do they ALL hand over 1/2 of their income? Yes, I agree you should help your parents if they need it, but a 14 year old should be saving up for college and cars and houses.

And how ever will be buy a debt free home if he is supporting grandma already? :eyeroll:

News flash. This is not a 14 year old supporting a parent. This is a grandparent. If she needs support, why not turn to the adult kids rather than a child?

auntmae=possummama?

Ain't that the truth? I was just coming here to say how do we even know this woman exists?

If she does, I assume she and her husband were raising Arrow because the adult child who birthed him is not capable for one reason or another.

But according to her web site, she has a total of 4 adult children, so, yeah, at least one should be able to help her, if she does indeed need it.

There's really nothing on her FB page or web site to show that she cannot work.

News flash. This is not a 14 year old supporting a parent. This is a grandparent. If she needs support, why not turn to the adult kids rather than a child?

Yeah, I realized it was his grandmom but assumed she was raising him bc his parents were incapable. Didn't realize she had other kids but agree with your point. Perhaps they're too busy submitting to their own patriachs or oppressing their wives to help their own mom while no doubt virtuously sewing doilies for the poor. I was just using my grandma and dad's story bc Mae's attitude and laziness made me seethe.

I did some reading and have my answer about why she has no choice but to let a 14-year old support her:

Ah, why not apply for welfare and food stamps? I will write a longer post on this topic, but suffice it to say that as a Christian and now as a biblical widow that would be turning my back on Christ’s help and turning toward the government for help. I can not do that.

What about putting Arrow in the government indoctrination center and get a job? I can not, I will not relinquish my godly inheritance to the ungodly state.

Your commitment to pray for me is greatly appreciated!! Should you feel led to help in a financial way you can donate through the button in my side bar.

Are there other ways you can help of a more tangible nature? YES!

Purchasing through one of my affiliate links helps me.

And from the comments:

The government sure hands out alot to people that are not really AMERICAN. GOD BLESS!!!

:angry-banghead:

This makes me so angry. My dad, who was born in 1936, was expected to turn over half of his paycheck to his dad from when he started working as a teenager until he joined the Army in his 20s. He grew up in extreme poverty and his mom and dad (a coal-miner) were very hard-working so he never did it bc his mom felt entitled to have him support her, but because they literally needed it. They didn't have electricity until my dad was 15. And between raising 14 kids, burying 3 children who were 11 and younger, washing her laundry by hand, and baking all her bread by necessity, plus cooking and cleaning, my grandmother didn't have time to sell oils, make chocolate-cherry scented soap, and write about how wonderful she was bc she was too busy working herself to death to get by. And she certainly did not have the time or means to dress up in pearls and a faux-fancy hat and have someone take her picture while she rambled on to the world what a Godly woman she was!

Word.for.word. Honestly, I wonder if she has any idea how ridiculous she looks and how poorly people think of her for letting a child bear all of her responsibilities.

Hi. First post here.

Hearing things like this just really ruffles my feathers. If she wants to portray herself as a godly woman, she would get up off of her butt and get a job to support herself and the child in her care. She is nothing short of selfish and like others have said- lazy. While I won't criticize her late husband for not having a life insurance policy in place (many people can scarcely afford such things in today's current economic state) I do criticize her for being a leech and depending on others to take care of her.

I pray she finds some pride in herself and her life and puts on her big girl panties and does right by herself and her grandchild by getting a job to support them both. :angry-banghead: :wtf:

I did some reading and have my answer about why she has no choice but to let a 14-year old support her:

And from the comments:

So she's not willing to send him to school and get a job because he'll be corrupted, but its ok for him to go out into the workforce ? If she's sheltering him from the world shouldn't she be more concerned about him being corrupted by the people he meets at work? And if he's old enough to be out of the house working, then shouldn't she be able to at least get a job while he's at work?

If she has a military pension she may not qualify for food stamps or welfare, so that is more likely what her actual problem with government assistance is.

I could see her having the grandson chipping in some money, or paying for his own clothes and extras IF she was working herself, or disabled, but it sounds like she's just finding excuses to get money from this kid.

There's a verse on the bible that says "he who does not provide for his family is worse than an infidel."

The fact that the bible says "he" is irrelevant. Culturally back then yes it would be a mans duty. However, this is the 21st century. I believe this verse applies to anyone with minor children in their care.

Ooh, this hag is pissing me off. I'm half-tempted to let her have it bigtime; and I'm not one who comments on blogs or even reads them all that much. fun2beme, I hope it's okay to quote your quote here and add my answers to Mae (my responses are in bold).

And from the comments:

And it hands out a lot to people who ARE really American. I believe God helps those who help themselves. Now close out of your blog, get up off your lazy ass, and GET A REAL JOB AND QUIT MAKING ARROW SUPPORT YOU! You obviously are not incapable of doing something to support yourself!

Serious question... could we report her to CPS? I know it's different from place to place, but there are laws about the hours 14 year olds can work, especially if he works during the school year.

According to the department of labor, 14 and 15 year olds (in non-agricultural jobs) are limited to:

Non-school hours;

3 hours in a school day;

18 hours in a school week;

8 hours on a non-school day;

40 hours on a non-school week; and

hours between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. (except from June 1 through Labor Day, when evening hours are extended to 9 p.m.)

After getting burned by Ruth I question if there even is an "Arrow" and if there is one, if even half of what she writes about isn't exaggerations or outright lies.

After getting burned by Ruth I question if there even is an "Arrow" and if there is one, if even half of what she writes about isn't exaggerations or outright lies.

After reading, I would honestly not be surprised if she was exaggerating at the very least. :\

All the citizens of Mexico and Canada are Americans, as well as citizens of the USA.

Word.for.word. Honestly, I wonder if she has any idea how ridiculous she looks and how poorly people think of her for letting a child bear all of her responsibilities.

My late MIL was widowed when my husband, her youngest, was 11 and the next youngest was 16. She was already over 50 years old. She did not sit around and moan and groan about poor helpless little lady lost her patriarch waaaaah and batten on her sons. She made their finishing school with good grades into her top priority. She busted her ass working 12-hour shifts as an LPN. She let the "little 'uns" get jobs in their late teens, but only jobs that wouldn't interfere with their schoolwork. The "little 'uns" went on to college. My husband didn't finish because he freely chose to become her live-in caregiver when she got sick, because he loves her and did not spend his entire adolescence looking longingly at the freedom of other kids.

Archived