IGNORED

When A Patriarch Dies

Want More Babies

Serious question... could we report her to CPS? I know it's different from place to place, but there are laws about the hours 14 year olds can work, especially if he works during the school year.

According to the department of labor, 14 and 15 year olds (in non-agricultural jobs) are limited to:

Non-school hours;

3 hours in a school day;

18 hours in a school week;

8 hours on a non-school day;

40 hours on a non-school week; and

hours between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. (except from June 1 through Labor Day, when evening hours are extended to 9 p.m.)

I'd take screenshots of her blog first (there are posts on how she "educates" Arrow and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if CPS found something of interest in their investigation.

All the citizens of Mexico and Canada are Americans, as well as citizens of the USA.

I've heard this before, but I'm curious. Wouldn't a Canadian, for instance, be considered a North American rather than an American? And a person from the US would be both North American and American (seeing as it is U. S. of America). Am I missing something? Is it just that people drop the "North" to shorten the term? Do South Americans also call themselves American?

Sorry for the derailment. Just something I've always wondered about! I suppose I could Google, eh? :)

I've heard this before, but I'm curious. Wouldn't a Canadian, for instance, be considered a North American rather than an American? And a person from the US would be both North American and American (seeing as it is U. S. of America). Am I missing something? Is it just that people drop the "North" to shorten the term? Do South Americans also call themselves American?

Sorry for the derailment. Just something I've always wondered about! I suppose I could Google, eh? :)

Actually everyone in North and South America is an American. Most of us learned the continents in a certain way, but the boundaries are somewhat arbitrary. For example, I have know people who learned in school of 5 continents; Antarctica doesn't count and North and South America are considered parts of the same continent. Or some distributions put Europe and Asia together because they are they same landmass.

Actually everyone in North and South America is an American.

Yeah, that makes more sense to me. All or nothing! I just never seem to hear/read of South Americans making a point of it.

Most of us learned the continents in a certain way, but the boundaries are somewhat arbitrary. For example, I have know people who learned in school of 5 continents; Antarctica doesn't count and North and South America are considered parts of the same continent. Or some distributions put Europe and Asia together because they are they same landmass.

I was taught 7 continents including Antarctica, with North and South America as separate, not just one continent called America. (No, not at the SOTDRT :D ) Methods may have changed. Been a loooong time since I was a grade schooler. I do remember wondering way back then about the logic of Europe and Asia being different continents.

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, that makes more sense to me. All or nothing! I just never seem to hear/read of South Americans making a point of it.

I was taught 7 continents including Antarctica, with North and South America as separate, not just one continent called America. (No, not at the SOTDRT :D ) Methods may have changed. Been a loooong time since I was a grade schooler. I do remember wondering way back then about the logic of Europe and Asia being different continents.

Thanks for the response.

I really wish there was a single word in English for UnitedStates-ian... I really like that in Spanish there's the term estadounidense which essentially means UnitedStates-ian, and it completely skirts the American-except-only-this-chunk-of-the-Americas issue :D

Archived