IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 3

happy atheist

His father was her mail carrier. He would invite her over whenever Dwight was having one of his famous BBQ/Bon fire/sing-a-longs. :handgestures-thumbup:

(I'm kidding)

Wow, that's worse than Aria_Star/Elle claiming to be related to the Duggars and Pocahontas!

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree, because I am a total nobody with no direct connection to film, television or any other celebrity industry, and yet my list would include three medium-direct family members (uncle, dad's cousin, dad's cousin's son -- would that be my second cousin?) who are quite well-known to the fans of their respective fields (comic book artist, world-class violinist, and author).

I could also list a half dozen or more celebrity encounters I've had due to my past employment with a non-profit organization that was supported by some celebrities. I wasn't on a first-name basis with any of them ;) but I could tell a good handful of stories about passing in the halls or brief conversational encounters.

I guess just about anyone could compile a list of their most celebby connections, and someone who happens to have a family connection or a past job at someplace like Disney might quite reasonably have a considerably longer list.

Please note this does NOT mean I'm defending PM or denying that she's the scammer she's being speculated to be. I've said earlier and I'll repeat that I have NO radar for this stuff, I generally take people at their word and can't fathom that people scam each other -- as much as I know intellectually that it happens. So when something appears to be a scam, as is happening here, I consciously shut up about any personal opinions, as I know them to be untrustworthy. There are things in life that I am good at, but detecting scams ain't one of them...

Ooooooh, who is the violinist? I'm in LOVE with the violin, I've been playing it for six months and I'm doing quote well. I love Joshua Bell (he's so dreamy!), Hilary Hahn, Anna Sophia Mutter, and of course, Itzhak Perlman.

Ventura and Bakersfield aren't exactly Hollywood though. Given her inability to be strictly truthful generally I'm giving her list the side eye.

Especially Bakersfield. I can't imagine anyone with loads of money would want to live in a place that's been labeled by some as California's butthole

I've never been able to decide which is worse between Bakersfield and Barstow.

Especially Bakersfield. I can't imagine anyone with loads of money would want to live in a place that's been labeled by some as California's butthole

Agreed about Bakersfield! I think that that entire list is part of her fantasy world she's built for herself.

Ooooooh, who is the violinist? I'm in LOVE with the violin, I've been playing it for six months and I'm doing quote well. I love Joshua Bell (he's so dreamy!), Hilary Hahn, Anna Sophia Mutter, and of course, Itzhak Perlman.

It's Stuart Canin. :violin: I've never met him, alas, just heard him mentioned by my dad.

OK, now that I've said that, my identity can probably be sleuthed from my online footprint, so I better watch out and not piss anyone off! :lol:

Cross posting this to chatter.

As the night went on I realized my reaction to people saying things I consider outlandish was inappropriate. I've been around long enough to know that insinuation on message boards and forums generally has no impact on how anyone sees me. I have no idea why I had such a strong reaction and it probably doesn't matter. How we act is not always in accordance with what we know. Mea culpa.

The appropriate response is, "What can I do to assure you there is no malign intent on TAR?" If the answer is nothing, then there is no sense wasting any energy. If there is an answer, please contact me at contact@truth-about-ruth.com.

And because I really am signing off for a bit as I work on the site, any conversations about TAR, if they need to involve me, need to take place on TAR. My site is wholly different from FJ and the mods here don't need any drama that comes up about the site. Or I guess they don't need me adding to the drama.

I'll definitely be around. This site is, in a way, an epicenter for what went down with Ruth and there is so much data here. But I'm staying out of conversations about Our Lady for a while, and please, if anyone has any concerns about my site or the way it is being handled, contact me though the site or via e-mail.

http://io9.com/5982113/this-is-the-most ... -ever-seen

Was it this one?

I found it fascinating. I kind-of love anyone who goes all out with their theme, though. It might not be my thing but I love that they can just embrace it and run with it. I also read about a Twilight wedding where the couple changed their last name to Cullen :lol: That, I'm not sure I could get behind...

I watched some TV show about Disney weddings awhile back and they had a style of cake where it had little Mickey head fondant cutouts in the same color as the cake, that were the decorations on the sides of the cake (kind-of like polka dots but with Mickey). It didn't look super obvious unless you were close to the cake - otherwise it was just a normal wedding cake. I thought if you took that and put it in a regular wedding it could be a classy, small way to make a reference to your hobby/interest without making it too theme-y.

That's not the one I saw but its even more ott! Wow!! I do like the idea of having a small item in a wedding (like the cake you mentioned) to honor a hobby.

Wasn't someone going to start a blog / website that would be called "The Truth About Ruth" or something like that? I have tried to glance through all three Ruth topics and the one in Chatter, but I can't seem to find any mention of it. Is that still happening?

See the above post by Oddeverything for the link to Truth-About-Ruth, just remove the contact@ portion.

Edited for clarity ( and still unclear )

This is... ridiculous. Doesn't make her and Vyckie look guilty at all.

But it's nice she's giving out free promotion, by mentioning Free Jinger and Razing Ruth, even people who have been uninvolved formerly or are new to NLQ will google and find the right rabbit hole to jump through.

You have to be crapping your pants about something to go so far as forbidding the words "Razing Ruth" and "Free Jinger" in your comments. Pathetic Vyckie.

I wad going to be petty and leave a comment that said Free Jinger Free Jinger Free Jinger Razing Ruth.

However the website is a hot mess and is making my phone go nuts. So alas I could not

Hey Vickye, you really need a mobile version if you want people to read your site.

Does this mean they took down Ruth's story? I mean, if the name is banned...

Wow, Vyckie made a f*!$ing mistake...no one here has accused her of wrongdoing, and truth-about-ruth.com was careful not to place any blame. But she can't just own up to a simple mistake at the hands of a known scammer? Talk about holding a grudge, geesh.

I still don't blame her for believing "Ruth" but this response makes her look really immature.

You would have thought she would be glad to have been warned about it, not freak out like this.

All of these statements about the RR thing are posted by Calulu. It was my understanding that she is supposed to be an entirely different person than Vyckie? I know V is not Possum, but does anyone know for sure that Calulu isn't?

All of these statements about the RR thing are posted by Calulu. It was my understanding that she is supposed to be an entirely different person than Vyckie? I know V is not Possum, but does anyone know for sure that Calulu isn't?

Here's what Odds posted about Calulu - http://www.truth-about-ruth.com/how-rut ... d-so-long/

For the record, I know nothing about Calulu and I know for a fact Vyckie is not the woman behind the Razing Ruth persona. [redacted] is the sole person behind these scams. In all of my research I can find no proof that she had an accomplice.

I wouldn't go accusing Calulu of being "Ruth," but at the same time I don't know if we have any positive verification of her identity. Odds seems to think it is not likely Calulu is involved, since it appears "Ruth" acted alone, without an accomplice, but I guess anything is possible.

I think we don't have reason to suspect Calulu, but if anyone has evidence, of course, that would be relevant.

NB: This comment does not constitute an accusation, a witch hunt, or a conspiracy theory. It is a discussion of possibilities and evidence. It is totally possible to question someone's possible involvement, and the evidence to support or not support it, without leveling an accusation.

They are seperate people. Calulu's story is up at NLQ. Up until the RR scam broke I was a member of the closed NLQ support group at FB. I will vouch that they are seperate people. Calulu does the posts to the NLQ Pathos site.

They are seperate people. Calulu's story is up at NLQ. Up until the RR scam broke I was a member of the closed NLQ support group at FB. I will vouch that they are seperate people. Calulu does the posts to the NLQ Pathos site.

Good to know. Do you have any insight why the two of them are over-reacting like this? The response seems very disproportionate to me, and that is usually a red flag.

No. Calulu is not RR.

I didn't say she was? I was asking what evidence, if any, we had. And the fact that the person doing the investigation thinks it is not likely she is.

If you have positive verification of her identity, great. That puts this question to bed then.

Oooh, we're being banned, just like Kirk Cameron and his movie!

I'm honoured.

Yeah, Calulu is Vyckie's mouthpiece. She is a nasty piece of work, but she is not RR. They would rather stick their fingers in their ears and go "lalalalala" than admit they got scammed by a master. Pride, it's just stupid pride.

For Vyckie it is a double hit to her pride because not only was she scammed, the scam was uncovered by a site that discussed some of her less than stellar parenting.

Archived