IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 2

happy atheist

both Elizabeths and Victoria were and are the epitome of strength, poise and royalty...a new princess would be lucky to be named after these queens!

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see them naming her Elizabeth, if it is a girl. It's a traditional name, a nice name, it's after his grandmother, and Elizabeth II is popular.

Elizabeth would be nice. I don't see them getting around Diana if it's a girl, but maybe they could use that as a middle name.

I don't understand why so many people are convinced that they MUST name their daughter Diana. I love my mother, but I wouldn't name my daughter after her. Diana will probably be one of the middle names. Kate also has a mother who I'm sure they'll want to honour as well.

I just think if the baby is a girl, they will find a way to honor William's mother in naming her. All the royals have 3-4 names, so one of them hopefully will honor William's mother. He adored her and she him. His wife wears her ring. Certainly that is significant.

Apparently some people in the UK are delaying naming their own children to see what the royal baby will be named:

touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76639902/

at least a solid classic name like George or Elizabeth might stem the tide of jaxons and macinzzies for awhile at least :lol:

Camilla said today by the end of this week the royal cutie pie should be arriving! if the baby is a girl, it means she will be yet another queen to reign in the next 50 years...Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Norway and Sweden all have young princesses as heiresses. if it is a boy he can pal around with the future king of Denmark.

If they are looking at historical royals then I doubt Caroline. Queen Caroline was a disaster, and her marriage issues with the Prince Regent make Charles and Diana's marriage look like an oasis of calmness and reason in comparison.

It depends on which Queen Caroline you're talking about. George II was married to Caroline of Ansbach and by most accounts they had a successful marriage and had 4 children.

But mainly I'm thinking Caroline as it's a feminine form of Charles and Catherine's Mother is named Carol. Charlotte would also work.

I like Charlotte :)

Hope the baby is born soon, its really hot here in the UK, and it must be hard being heavily pregnant in this heat.

I'm hoping for a girl just because it will give the author of Suri's Burn Book good material. It would also be nice to take advantage of the change in line of succession stuff.

It depends on which Queen Caroline you're talking about. George II was married to Caroline of Ansbach and by most accounts they had a successful marriage and had 4 children.

But mainly I'm thinking Caroline as it's a feminine form of Charles and Catherine's Mother is named Carol. Charlotte would also work.

Caroline FTW. Mostly because it's my name. And my name is awesome.

But because it's grandmother was Diana,

Wow, I know Diana would be the grand mother (OBM) but to see it in writing is so weird because only we ever saw her as a young woman.

I love reading all this about the royalty and baby.

The grand mother Carol said that the baby will be Leo, so is it hinting the birth date is really late in July?

Caroline FTW. Mostly because it's my name. And my name is awesome.

The only downside of the royals using Caroline is that I wouldn't use it if we had another girl. :D

The grand mother Carol said that the baby will be Leo, so is it hinting the birth date is really late in July?

Well, she could've just been associating July with Leo, probably most people don't know the exact start and end dates for astrological signs. The other (step)grandmother Camilla said the baby should come by the end of this week, which tells me the due date must have been right around now if not earlier.

Well, she could've just been associating July with Leo, probably most people don't know the exact start and end dates for astrological signs. The other (step)grandmother Camilla said the baby should come by the end of this week, which tells me the due date must have been right around now if not earlier.

I suppose if the rumors are true and that she was due on the 13th, by the end of this week, she will be induced. Not gonna risk the life of that future monarch!

Would a doctor actually induce a woman who was only a week past her due date? That seems a little extreme, especially considering first babies are usually late.

Would a doctor actually induce a woman who was only a week past her due date? That seems a little extreme, especially considering first babies are usually late.

Not normally, but if there was any risk that the future monarch could possibly die, you bet yer bippy.

Not normally, but if there was any risk that the future monarch could possibly die, you bet yer bippy.

Or any baby?

I can't imagine there would be any real fear of the baby dying if it was one week overdue. I'm sure they're monitoring things closely. I thought inductions weren't generally done until 42 weeks.

I hope people don't think they will see very much of this kid for a few years...the last two royal grandchildren stayed completely out of sight for about 5 years to give them some normalcy. i would think will and kate might do the same.

I hope people don't think they will see very much of this kid for a few years...the last two royal grandchildren stayed completely out of sight for about 5 years to give them some normalcy. i would think will and kate might do the same.

Not a chance. The last two kids (meaning Edward and Sophie's or Peter Phillips' girls?) are not going to be ruling the country one day. I believe W and K are going to be in Australia next year with the baby. Charles and Diana did a tour with William when he was very young.

Archived