IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 2

happy atheist

I think Diana worship borders on obnoxious and manic and the Camilla hatred ridiculous so I hope he-I firmly believe it is a boy-will be born on cams birthday :nenner:

most likely Diana will be a middle name and after all presumably he will have another daughter and harry will eventually have a girl or two so Diana will get a namesake sometime or other.

Diana wasn't perfect, but if you've ever seen the Panorama interview (I think it was 1996-ish), you get a peek inside of what she had to deal with. And as a young mother at 21, I wouldn't have wished that on anyone. I don't think it's hype at all. Diana and I were roughly the same age at the same time, and I have always felt that family wasn't nice to her. She was just breedable stock. You know, like a fundie girl, but she wasn't a fundie.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this not the place for this debate, but Diana had emotional problems that were exacerbated by her situation but not caused by them and she could be very spiteful and manipulative. both she and Charles screwed up royally and to make as black and white as angel saint Diana the victim and mean ole' cheating,horrible Charles is nonsense.

anyway, hope the kid is healthy and born soon so we can get over the whole hoopla.

I just find it unfathomable that William wouldn't insist on some tribute to his mother. Those Windsors can do all they like naming and renaming after their former royals, but if the baby is a girl, I just hope William gets a say in what she is named.

William is one of "those Windsors", a pretty key one at that. I'm sure his wishes and those of his wife will be of primary concern.

I'm hoping for Victoria for a girl.

granny still can veto the name if she wishes and can also veto the child leaving the country. positive she would never do this but it is within her rights.

posted on royal forums.com:

Actually The Queen can stop them if she wants, She had a say In the naming of the Baby, It has to be a traditional Royal Name. I read once that there was a different name that Diana had in mind for William (I think it was John) but The Queen told Diana that she could not name her chin John because of it history. So yes The Queen has in the naming of the child and child godparents just like she has a say in her kids and Grandkids marry and they to get her consent first. They have to get The Queen Consent and approval on names

and I think fergie and Andrew wanted Annabel for Beatrice or Eugenie but it got nixed.

granny still can veto the name if she wishes and can also veto the child leaving the country. positive she would never do this but it is within her rights.

posted on royal forums.com:

and I think fergie and Andrew wanted Annabel for Beatrice or Eugenie but it got nixed.

The Queen (or reigning monarch) must consent to the marriage of anyone in the line of succession under the terms of the Royal Marriage Act. It's the same act that prevents British royals from marrying Catholics. But her say in naming is traditional, not legal, and I've never heard of an "approved" list of royal names. If there was one I very much doubt that Charles would be on it - it's a historically very unlucky name for kings - and I'm damn sure Zara wouldn't be (and yes, the Phillips children are in the line of succession even though their parents chose not to give them titles).

the likely hood of anns children actually getting anywhere close to the throne was pretty slim even then and Charles has said he will take another name when his turn comes. the queen is head of that family and if will and kate wanted to have a princess Madison or prince ryan, it would not happen. the name needs history and weight and dignity.

the likely hood of anns children actually getting anywhere close to the throne was pretty slim even then and Charles has said he will take another name when his turn comes. the queen is head of that family and if will and kate wanted to have a princess Madison or prince ryan, it would not happen. the name needs history and weight and dignity.

Of course. I'm just saying that there's no list of "approved historical royal names" and that the Queen's input is informal. However remote the chances of the Phillips children ascending the throne they are still in the succession and the Queen still had to approve their marriages for them to be legally recognised in the UK.

Whatever name they choose it will be top of the UK baby name lists for the next five years.

in all truth,the 'approved' list of names is a past king or queen...that's why you have so many georges and Williams ;) the odd zara or xan excepted, the royals play it safe and staid

I'm sure William and Kate will give the baby an appropriate royal name, and hopefully a reasonably modern one. I'd be surprised, if it's a girl, if Diana wasn't part of her name since she was so loved and missed - especially by William and Harry. If it isn't used then I think people would attribute the omission to the Queen, which would create unwanted negative PR.

I'm with the majority who thinks it's a girl. I also think Kate may have the baby in a different hospital, for a bit of privacy and to 'disappoint' the Press.

why is everyone so dang sure this kid is a girl anyway... the royal family runs to boys or has in the past and the sperm of the male determines it, right?

-Apparently someone gave a stuffed animal to Kate and she said, "Thank you, I will take this for my d--"

-Women who have hyperemesis gravidarum are more likely to have girls

-(This is my favourite) William is a helicopter pilot and helicopter pilots are supposedly more likely to have girls

I would love if it was a boy, because yeah, everyone is really assuming girl!

thinking on it,I guess because folks want a girl because of the new laws and a boy keeps everything status quo for the next several decades.

why is everyone so dang sure this kid is a girl anyway... the royal family runs to boys or has in the past and the sperm of the male determines it, right?

I think we're all just hoping for a girl.

But the fact that QE passed legislation that a girl can now inherit the throne if she is the first born is making people curious why.

according to wiki-

New Zealand chaired a working group to determine the process for reform. The Commonwealth realms—the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, and Saint Kitts and Nevis—are all equivalent in status, and independent of each other, while sharing one monarch in a constitutionally equal fashion. As such, changes to the succession laws, according to convention, must be identical in and approved by each country, though the procedure varies between realms.

some of these realms have taken no action yet or the bill just got introduced to heads of state recently...the child could be born anytime, so is the law going to be retroactive?

according to wiki-

some of these realms have taken no action yet or the bill just got introduced to heads of state recently...the child could be born anytime, so is the law going to be retroactive?

Does it matter, since Charles and William are currently first and second in line? I think the change just needs to be made before the child/person takes the throne.

Exactly. It could easily be another 60+ years before this child becomes king/queen.

-(This is my favourite) William is a helicopter pilot and helicopter pilots are supposedly more likely o have girls

All pilots. Apparently it's got something to do with being regularly exposed to pressure changes. My dad certainly gives some credence to the theory: 30 years a flight instructor and two daughters ^^

All pilots. Apparently it's got something to do with being regularly exposed to pressure changes. My dad certainly gives some credence to the theory: 30 years a flight instructor and two daughters ^^

My friend's dad is a pilot- 4 girls (+ 1 girl who was still born)

Interesting. I've read that Y sperm (boys) tend to be faster and more fragile, while X sperm (girls) are slower but hardier. It probably all ties together.

according to wiki-

Probably, that's what they did in Sweden. Crown Princess Victoria was briefly supplanted by her younger brother Prince Carl before the law was changed.

Unlikely to ever sit on the throne at 11th in line but the Queen's eldest Great Grandchild is called Savannah. Don't think the queen had anything to do with that one!

Curious though, many seem to think they will use Diana or Frances if it is a girl. Anyone think they will use Francis for a boy, for the same reason? Is it ok to name a boy after his grandmother?

I'm picking Caroline or George.

If they are looking at historical royals then I doubt Caroline. Queen Caroline was a disaster, and her marriage issues with the Prince Regent make Charles and Diana's marriage look like an oasis of calmness and reason in comparison.

I'd like Phillip in honor of their granddad who has been so ill and who was/is a tower of strength for William and other family members.

Yes, undoubtedly, Prince Philip has had to put up with a lot of bullshit being in that family over the years but always presents himself with such grace and not the stuck-uppityness that the queen has. Philip is part of Charles' name and also part of William's name so if the baby is a boy, it will likely appear again.

Archived