IGNORED

Don't be afraid to tell your DAUGHTER she's fat!

Koala

This isn't right. That child is 7 year old. I feel quite sick. She is setting that child up for weight issues and self esteem issues for life. I hate the part she says, "She favours carbs" . Lori is such an idiot. I don't know many 7 year olds who would choose a lean chicken breast and salad over say, mashed potato and candy. Is that a moral failing? Why can't she leave this child alone. I am afraid she has the role of whipping boy/scapegoat for Lori's issues.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is all most husbands want...a naked wife who smiles a lot. They want a joyful wife that enjoys life with him. One who doesn't feel it's her "duty" to keep him fulfilled sexually, but enjoys pleasing him in this way.

Well, then, I would suggest those husbands start figuring how to keep their wives sexually fulfilled, because otherwise I don't see how you can define it as anything but "duty".

Most men aren't that complicated. They don't care if their wives look like models. They want a woman who will love them as they are, not argue with them, allow them to be the leader, fix them good food, be happy, and give them lots of sex.

Can we get a time machine and pop Lori in it, so she could go back to the 50s?

Plus in the comments we get a nice reminder about how men need women to have sex with them so they have the energy to show their partner love. :roll:

How did I guess this thread would be about Lori?

I'm pretty petite and I don't think I've ever been able to span my waist with my hands...

In terms of weight, I'm trying to avoid the problem another poster mentioned - I always had trouble gaining weight so was allowed to eat as much as I wanted and often the more high-calorie, the better. So now I'm trying to consciously get out of that habit and eat healthier. Even if I never put on extra weight, you can be thin thanks to genetics and still be unhealthy so it's still important for me to eat a better diet. (My brother is the same way, and my sister has a more average metabolism/build.)

I have a friend (no fundie) that has suffered a lot for her weight, she wanted to be popular and she never was and she wants her daughters to be popular at even sexy. Sadly, she is practically starving the girls (8 and 5 years old). Well, not really starving, but eating diet everyday and they are concerned about how their clothes fit them. I mean vegatables are ok, but there's no problem with a healthy child eating ice-creams or muffins sometimes!

She thinks she is helping her daughters and preparing they for the future, but I'm afraid they will have eating disorders and other problems. The main idea is that they have to be likeable to boys, more than like themselves. They are "paying" for their mother's teenage issues.

Speaking of fundies, I'm glad Kendall's girls are thin and cute, because I can see Kendall very cruel with a fat daugther.

The difference between what Lori is doing and what you did are huge. You never told her (from what you posted) that she couldn't have dessert because she's fat. That she couldn't have more to eat because she was chubby and you didn't tell her that if she didn't lose her tummy she wouldn't be good enough. My youngest has an appreciation for food which can lead to overeating so we've talked about making good food choices, dessert isn't a bad thing but it's also not an everyday thing, etc.

Encouraging better eating habits, good. Telling a young child that they are fat, bad.

Thank you for this. I have a child who has a fast metabolism and is literally hungry all the time, and I have a child who really enjoys the experience of eating, tends to eat when she is bored, eats until her stomach hurts, and puts on weight very easily. I have never talked about weight with her, but I have had to talk about healthy choices and self control with them both. I finally realized that they were constantly "grazing" on crackers between meals. We had to cut that out. My constant eater also had to learn to eat more at lunch because if one of them snacks all day the other does too and I can't say yes to one kid and no to the other. It is a tough balancing act.

Trim Healthy Mama is HUGE among many of my friends in fundie circles. I got it out of the library out of curiosity. It is a massive tome and I'm having a hard time reading through it. The basic idea seems to be "NEVER have carbs and protein in the same meal, because your body will get overloaded and send the carbs to be stored as sugar in your fat cells."

The obsession with thinness is a worldly cultural preoccupation. These people don't realize this. Someone mentioned Daniel and his fast (basically vegan). But what they missed is that in many translations, including literal ones, Daniel and his fasting buddies are described as healthier and "fatter in flesh" than those who ate the kings food. Because having some body fat indicates good and plentiful nourishment, which is healthy Eating healthful foods is good for our health. Yes, living on McD's and getting so fat you can't move is not good for you. :/ But the weight/size fixation and favoring thinness isn't a Biblical one. Most of these people aren't in danger of becoming medically obese anyway, but they are unsatisfied with a well-nourished body, and want one that indicates a self-flagellating attitude.

Archived