IGNORED

Two-Breast Kelly Smackdown on Raising Homemakers

Carla Bruni

This is about two weeks old now, but just too good. (Was this an FJer, by any chance?)

Here's the link: raisinghomemakers.com/2013/adult-daughters-at-home-and-the-homemaking-profession/

Kelly compares grown-ass women who can't be arsed to GTFO of their parents' house with professional caretakers, teachers, accountants, chefs, and so on (the irony of a woman feeding 11 people with two chicken breasts referring to mastering the "culinary arts" is also amazing). The comments are full of leg-humping; when one dissident laments the fact that she devoted her entire life to homemaking prior to her husband losing his job, and now can't afford to support three young kids, she's told by Kelly to look into Scamaritan and turn to her church. Obviously. No way this plan could fail.

However, the greatest moment occurs further down the comment thread:

We are never called to live in this way. Ever.

It is nowhere to be found in Scripture. And no, a correct reading of Proverbs 31 leads one to realize that it is poetry, not a command.

I will never teach my daughter that this is her calling.

I will teach her to listen to the Lord and demonstrate a life that puts Him and others first.

She can be who she is. Period.

I refuse to stuff her in a box.

To do so is to claim to be God.

She can love sports, be a book worm, hate skirts, be a computer wiz…

Whatever her natural tendency is, I will teach her to pursue that pattern.

She is growing up in a home that is not always spotless;

With a mom who leaves laundry unfolded for days sometimes, and who is bad at home decor.

But who loves The Lord, her daddy, her and others passionately.

I will teach her to obey God’s calling in her life, no matter what that may be.

Never will I ever teach her that this, what you have put here, is God’s Devine calling.

Ever.

For I am not God.

:cracking-up: :worship: Whoever you are, you are awesome.

Further downthread, Kelly offers the following gem:

homemakers have far more opportunities to expand their skills, even to make money.

... Mhm. Wait. No. That makes no sense. Absolutely zero. But please, Kelly, tell us more about how much homemakers make and how many chicken breasts they can afford to buy.

Can we find this precious jewel of a woman and buy her a spa day, a pound of candy, and a million high fives?

Archived