IGNORED

Doug Takes Dominion Over Ants

debrand

The mission of dominion is a fundamental calling of manhood. From the beginning, man was given authority to care for, steward, investigate, and shepherd creation (Genesis 1:2; Psalm 8). The man who obeys this calling sees the glory of God and His wisdom demonstrated in a blade of grass or the eye of a storm. The dominion-minded man observes planets, studies atoms, cultivates gardens, and documents the work of the ants. He seeks to take every thought captive as Christ’s vice-regent on the earth.

hazardousjourneys.org/about/

Yep. Ants. Take dominion over those ants, Dougie.

One of the great challenges of the 21st century is the need to encourage a culture of biblical manhood in the midst of a cultural environment which is hostile to that objective. It is a paramount mission of every man to mature in his manhood before the Lord, and for every father to lead his sons to noble maturity. Toward this end, each hazardous journey will provide men with opportunities where they can rise to the occasion and “play the man†by persevering through difficult situations, by humbly leading team members, and by exercising wisdom in arduous circumstances.

Why did they put the words, 'play the man' in quotation marks?

Well, I took dominion over a colony of ants that tried to invade my house. Does that count?

I think he's out-douched himself here.

Anyone with a can of Raid can do as much. BFD.

Yes, but do you wear costumes while you use that Raid? How can you take dominion if you don't dress correctly and stand with your legs far apart?

Well, I'm glad to see that the VF catalog does not include a magnifying glass. That's a mercy, anyhow, as Eliza Doolittle would say. :D

He seeks to take every thought captive as Christ’s vice-regent on the earth.

What the hell does that even mean?

hazardousjourneys.org/about/

Yep. Ants. Take dominion over those ants, Dougie.

I have an extreme myrmecophobia... like I can't even look at a drawing of an ant without feeling panicky. :embarrassed: Maybe that's what Dougie is talking about? He is finally taking control over his fear of ants. :think:

Under a spoiler because it's a rather creepy movie poster, even after my editing:

1MOauHF.jpg

Effie and other myrmecophobics, don't look.

Well, I took dominion over a colony of ants that tried to invade my house. Does that count?

When my family lived in Venezuela, there were leaf-cutter ants that could strip bushes in less than a day. There were so many in front of the house that we had to leap over them to avoid having hundreds of them crawl up your legs. I'd like to see Doug (Phillips who is a tool) take dominion over them without shrieking hysterically and wetting himself.

Yes, but do you wear costumes while you use that Raid? How can you take dominion if you don't dress correctly and stand with your legs far apart?

Thanks for the inspiration. From now on, I'll wear one of those white, billowy-sleeved poet's shirts, with a leather jerkin, a scarlet cummerbund, breeches and over-the-knee boots like the guy in those Captain Morgan commercials wears. Oh, and my legs will be so far apart, I'll be lucky if they don't wind up in different rooms.

Take that, Dougie (IS A TOOL)!

By the way, I think he more or less HAS to take dominion over ants. It's not like he has much influence over humans, with the exception of his long-suffering interns.

By the way, I think he more or less HAS to take dominion over ants. It's not like he has much influence over humans, with the exception of his long-suffering interns.

Ants are also one of the few life forms that are shorter than he is.

Yes, I'm a short person who just mocked another short person

Why did they put the words, 'play the man' in quotation marks?

Because it's a euphemism for the sweet fellowship that takes place among the manly men on a hazardous journey? :nanner-sex:

Because it's a euphemism for the sweet fellowship that takes place among the manly men on a hazardous journey? :nanner-sex:

Makes the phrase 'rise to the occasion' have an interesting meaning. :wink-kitty:

If Doug the tool wants to be a real man how come he never joined the military? Maybe the Navy Seals? Or an Army Ranger? I don't think he could even make it throughMarine Corps bootcamp. He's a wimp who plays games.

Makes the phrase 'rise to the occasion' have an interesting meaning. :wink-kitty:

Who writes this stuff? Do they have the remotest concept of double entendres? The constant use of "man", "manly", "manhood"--does it not occur to them that readers might start thinking, "Hmmmm...trying too hard"? Either these folks are much, much too full of themselves, or Doug (Phillips is a tool) has a writing staff with the social maturity of a horny 12 year old boy.

Maybe Doug Phillips is a Tool wanted to dress up as the Orkin Man?

Also "defying gravity" (yeah, I'm a 12 year old boy imprisoned in a 63 year old female body. How'd you guess?)

Didn't feel like starting another thread for Dougie today, so I'll tack it on here.

Father's Day is just around the corner!! Time to place your order for the "A Dad's Life Collection" for the low, low price of $48! Here is what you get:

Featuring one book and 11 audio messages, this encouragement-packed collection speaks to the following fatherhood and manhood topics:

What Family Discipleship Looks Like

How to Train Daughters

How to Train Sons

How to Love, Lead, and Serve Your Wife

What Biblical Manhood Means

Why Men Need Manly Friendships

Examples of Fatherhood in Scripture

Practical Vision for Family Life

And much more

I for one, am dying to know why men need manly friendships!

(off to go get my Dad an Amazon gift card for father's day)

**Doug Phillips is a Tool!**

Every time I hear or read the word "manly," all I can think of is the old Irish Spring soap commercials -- "manly, yes -- but I like it too!"

sQk-imB1m2k

Archived