IGNORED

Fundie type bloggers and charity

fundies_like_zombies

I was reading - uniquelyfashionedforhisglory.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/something-bigger-than-me.html

and i haven't noticed many of the fundie blogs I read mention charity work. Some have donation buttons for themselves tho!

This blogger is on about orphans in Uganda. "Uganda is my call. All I know is that I would not trade Uganda for anything empty and perishable this world offers me. I will not pass it up for a comfortable life, with what the world may call happiness at my fingertips. I want, I desire, I crave the kind of joy that thrills, that stirs, that invigorates me to the very core of who I am. It can only be found in complete, sold out surrender to Christ. Yielding all of who I am to Him, of saying "Yes" when He beckons me to follow. I hear Him calling me, pulling at my heart, tugging...turning my eyes to Uganda and the need there. "

Wonder if we will see more fundie type bloggers getting into child charities if their whole perfect husband finding them plan doesn't work out. Imagining older bloggers with sponsor children rather than actual children.

A shame she's not in a religion that has nuns. Nuns seems to do a great job of taking that kind of intense energy/enthusiasm and directing it in a way that creates pretty awesome women. SAHD-hood is such a waste - nothing to do but get intense feels without scope for much action.

Seems sad that they end up just sitting around. Not sure how they keep their faith if they never get to become what they are told and trained to be.

Archived