IGNORED

Men need more sex because Hitler!

Koala

Ken is going to do sex on me because I'm a good wife "

LOVE this....do sex on me....it sounds pretty accurate of the level of their participation. If these women could take their puss off and just hand it over to their headship I bet they would!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE this....do sex on me....it sounds pretty accurate of the level of their participation. If these women could take their puss off and just hand it over to their headship I bet they would!

Ah, removable genitalia -- a great idea, and what I've always thought of whenever I've seen this logo (although I guess this would apply more to men):

2cXucQU.jpg

Fleshlights for Xmas for these guys...

Damn! WTH do fundies always make comparisons to Hitler?

Even in fundy-lite world, marriage is often made out to be some horrific sacrificial nightmare--at least for women. I was the last of my friends to get married and have a few fundy-lite friends. They all yammered at me about how much "hard work" marriage is, and how it "sucks to let go of your dreams for your husband's" and how husbands will "emotionally wound" you because that's what men do and how I had to prepare myself to "cling to Jesus" to survive it. I wanted to ask them what kind of hell their own marriages were and if they needed help finding a divorce lawyer. And the worst part is that one of them talked about how she learned all of that at a fundy-lite marriage conference.

I've been married four years and they all act like we're doing it wrong because I still don't agree with them that marriage is so difficult and emotionally draining and stressful. The rest of my life is stressful. My marriage is my safe haven from that.

That's how I feel. I'm not saying marriage is easy all the time, but it's not some Sysiphean nightmare for decades on end. For the most part, my marriage is the one good thing I can count on and my husband is my best friend. We talk constantly, and when anything interesting happens, I think of telling him first. He is constantly doing little nice things for me just because.

I feel really sorry for Lori that she doesn't have that, but I'm angry that she's spreading her hideous understanding of duty and gender roles.

Ha, thanks!

When I wrote that I was thinking specifically of an old lady in my church who tried to inform me of sex when I was getting married the first time. She described it as "laying back and letting him do his business". Sounds grand, right? Who wouldn't want that?

I feel so sorry for these women who never get to experience how much fun sex can be.

I wonder about that too. Lori has done references/comparisons to Hitler, the Holocaust, and Nazism several times before. Lori also shows her stupidty when she pulls this crap. She talks about how men defeated Hitler, but like another poster here said, she says nothing about the men who were in concentration camps. I know this posting was discussed here sometime back, but it still pisses me off.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/03/yay-women-can-drink-smoke-and-fight.html

I've been wondering that myself. I guess Hitler is their go-to guy whenever they want to talk about something horrible. Yes, compare a man not getting enough sexy time to a man who is responsible for one of the most tragic genocides of all time. No, that doesn't cheapen the Holocaust at all.

I wonder about that too. Lori has done references/comparisons to Hitler, the Holocaust, and Nazism several times before. Lori also shows her stupidty when she pulls this crap. She talks about how men defeated Hitler, but like another poster here said, she says nothing about the men who were in concentration camps. I know this posting was discussed here sometime back, but it still pisses me off.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/03/yay-women-can-drink-smoke-and-fight.html

This commenter's description of herself fascinates me because I don't know whether to laugh at her or hunt her down to slap her:

By the way, I wear wistful floral fragrance everyday, lovely feminine skirts and lacy tops, jewelry that my children and husband lavish on me

Lori praises her for being so feminine. Really? That's all it takes, lace, jewelry and floral perfume? That makes you an adequate woman?

(I'm completely screwed, I guess, as I am allergic to floral fragrances).

To the bolded:

The other way she expresses her anger and frustrating is by advocating for, writing about, and carrying out the torture (beating, force feeding, etc.) of infants and children. That she does this at all is vile. That she uses Christianity to justify her pathology infuriates me.

Thanks. Add to the summary:

I deal with my situation by convincing myself that being so powerless and controlled is what God wants, and then focus my anger and need for control on other women and on children. Why should my baby granddaughter be able to express her own will when I can't? If I stop for one moment and admit that the world can function even if men are not in total control of women and children, then I have to admit that my sacrifices may not have bought me eternal bliss in heaven, and that I'm just doing this because I'm scared and insecure and didn't realize that I was married to a jerk until it was too late. If my children and grandchildren don't replicate my life, then they are showing that they disapprove.

Because they don't have a wide understanding of history. They have two frames of reference for genocide and atrocities in general: the Bible and World War II. The Bible is pretty self-explanatory. And they reference World War II - and only what occurred in Europe; you ever, ever hear them reference Nanking or the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong, Singapore or the Philippines - because that was the last war that public sentiment in the US was mostly behind and that involved a massive military and civilian effort.

They're ignorant of absolutely everything else.

I would bet part of my pension that most of them think Pol Pot is some kind of exotic Asian cuisine. :roll:

What a load of crap. My sex drive is much higher than my SO's. It's always been that way. The LAST thing I want is for him to force himself to have sex with me. How degrading would that be? I'm quite certain that if I found out that were the case, it would devastate me.

Here's the inner monologue that seems to be running through every post of Lori's:

I'm a middle-aged woman with some serious health problems. I'm often in pain, and not so fun to be around. I like to be in control, and get really frustrated when I'm not. For years, Ken and I fought because we both like to be in control. I've convinced myself that I must have been a total bitch to him, because he clearly viewed me that way and hated any criticism or suggestion that he wasn't 100% in charge and 100% right all of the time. I'm terrified of divorce, because I was a stay-at-home mother and I have these serious health issues, so I truly believe that I would not be able to survive without Ken. The price that I have to pay to have Ken stay with me is to give up all control, die to myself, and deny myself the right to have independent thoughts and feelings or even control over my own body. When other women talk about relationships where they are loved and respected and even experience sexual pleasure, I cannot relate at all because it is so different from my life with Ken. I have to assume that these women are lying, or that they must be controlling bitches who are hated by their husbands, or that they are somehow evil and selfish sluts. Genuine love and respect and pleasure are not options for me, so I settle for physical care and the fact that Ken is more caring toward me when I am completely vulnerable. Ken thinks I'm frigid, and has even shared this with my blog readers. He really doesn't care if I like having sex with him or not - it's all about his pleasure, and he tells me that men have needs which I can't understand but must meet. I don't want to acknowledge that my life is really this pathetic and that Ken is really such an asshole, so I deal with the situation by buying into this religious notion that women should be submissive and that my marriage is a great example of the Christian model. My need to have some control has not gone away, but I now direct it toward other women instead of toward Ken or even toward my own life. Deep down, I don't really love Ken, or even like him, and I suspect that the only thing that he likes about me is my submission to him. I get angry sometimes - but the only way that I can let off steam is by blogging and holding myself out as a paragon of Christian virtue. I can't directly complain, but my feelings slip out in my blog. I view my life as a sacrifice, since this is what is being demanded of me and since I feel like I'm giving up so much and getting so little in return.

I'm guessing that this is very close to the truth and makes me feel so sorry for her.

I've been wondering that myself. I guess Hitler is their go-to guy whenever they want to talk about something horrible. Yes, compare a man not getting enough sexy time to a man who is responsible for one of the most tragic genocides of all time. No, that doesn't cheapen the Holocaust at all.

It's not just fundies who invoke Hitler whenever they need to compare their enemies to some great evildoer. I see it all the damned time all over the Internet.

Hitler is the go-to bad guy for anyone who doesn't know crap about history, and doesn't really care to. Those same people aren't exactly well-equipped to create a more subtle and rational argument, either. And to their simplistic, anti-intellectual way of thinking, everything is polarized into right/wrong, good/evil, us/them, etc. It's not just a fundie thing; I see it in plenty of secular people, too. They may not know much at all about Nazi Germany or Adolf Hitler, but that's the biggest symbol of pure evil they know, so they fall back on it in arguments. Simple as that, really.

This commenter's description of herself fascinates me because I don't know whether to laugh at her or hunt her down to slap her:

Lori praises her for being so feminine. Really? That's all it takes, lace, jewelry and floral perfume? That makes you an adequate woman?

(I'm completely screwed, I guess, as I am allergic to floral fragrances).

To me, her "wistful floral fragrance" is hilarious. A feeling of wistfulness is sad, with vague regret or longing--it's the feeling of "might-have-been."

I now want to create a "wistful floral fragrance" and market it to all the superannuated SAHDs. I'll be sure to send Sarah Mally and the Botkinettes free samples (I'd send one to Sarah Maxwell, but Steve would surely confiscate it).

Ha, thanks!

When I wrote that I was thinking specifically of an old lady in my church who tried to inform me of sex when I was getting married the first time. She described it as "laying back and letting him do his business". Sounds grand, right? Who wouldn't want that?

I feel so sorry for these women who never get to experience how much fun sex can be.

Yeah, this kind of thinking also lines up with the apocryphal story of the advice Queen Victoria gave to her daughter upon her marriage to the Crown Prince of Prussia.

"Close your eyes and think of England."

I was debating whether this one of the spanking one would turn out to be Lori. As usual she does not disappoint in making sex sound like a joylous sacrifice for women. On a side note has anyone seen the movie Hope Springs. I thought the conversations they had surrounding sex and how men and women view it were somewhat interesting.

To me, her "wistful floral fragrance" is hilarious. A feeling of wistfulness is sad, with vague regret or longing--it's the feeling of "might-have-been."

I now want to create a "wistful floral fragrance" and market it to all the superannuated SAHDs. I'll be sure to send Sarah Mally and the Botkinettes free samples (I'd send one to Sarah Maxwell, but Steve would surely confiscate it).

Let's think of some names:

"I Wish I Was Wearing Chanel #5."

"Eau de Désespoir"

"February in Paris"

"L'air du triste"

I'm not saying marriage is easy all the time, but it's not some Sysiphean nightmare for decades on end.

What, you don't push your husband to the top of a hill every day, only to find him at the bottom again in the morning? All of my friends do.

:D

I was debating whether this one of the spanking one would turn out to be Lori. As usual she does not disappoint in making sex sound like a joylous sacrifice for women. On a side note has anyone seen the movie Hope Springs. I thought the conversations they had surrounding sex and how men and women view it were somewhat interesting.

Me! I watched it! :D

I'm not giving her a pass. I don't care how controlling Ken is. She's vile. I was hoping the doctors would inject 10cc of compassion in place of the tumor but I guess that didn't happen. Yes, I understand her need to control other women, but her situation doesn't excuse it.

If she's unhappy, she needs to grow a pair and deal with it. She has money. Life after divorce is painful for everyone, but it's easier to be an ex-wife with money. It's not like she'd be out on the street. She still has parents (her father, in particular, seems to dote on her), and she has her kids. Many have had the courage to face divorce with far, far less.

Maybe TMI, but my fiance has crazy energy and drive when he's horny. That's when stuff gets done, man.

Mela, you are not alone...

Their lack of self awareness is something to behold. I can see Lori getting her passive-aggressive digs at Ken by these blog posts that essentially let the world know how lousy and unimaginative he is in the sack. I'm having a harder time trying to figure out Ken backing up that the only way he can get laid is forcing his wife to "do her duty" when he posts on her blog. Most men kind of pride themselves on the fact they don't have to beg or force, KWIM?

Even in fundy-lite world, marriage is often made out to be some horrific sacrificial nightmare--at least for women. I was the last of my friends to get married and have a few fundy-lite friends. They all yammered at me about how much "hard work" marriage is, and how it "sucks to let go of your dreams for your husband's" and how husbands will "emotionally wound" you because that's what men do and how I had to prepare myself to "cling to Jesus" to survive it. I wanted to ask them what kind of hell their own marriages were and if they needed help finding a divorce lawyer. And the worst part is that one of them talked about how she learned all of that at a fundy-lite marriage conference.

I've been married four years and they all act like we're doing it wrong because I still don't agree with them that marriage is so difficult and emotionally draining and stressful. The rest of my life is stressful. My marriage is my safe haven from that.

I'm going slightly off topic, but YES. EXACTLY.

I was raised hearing over and over how hard marriage is from virtually all of my fundie/fundie lite relatives and church members. Not just that it takes commitment and effort, but that it's a constant struggle and that people only "sin by divorcing" because they're basically lazy and don't want to stick it out.

Having this drummed into me as a child resulted in me staying in a relationship with an emotionally abusive asshat for three years, primarily because whenever I would cry and want to break up with him, I would hear my mother's voice in my head saying that my struggles were normal...and I didn't want to be one of those horrible people who just gave up on their relationships out of laziness, did I? :naughty:

I finally wised up and dumped him, and have now been with my wonderful husband for over eight years. And I can say without a moment's hesitation that marriage is NOT meant to be that hard. It's just not.

It's not that marriage doesn't have challenges (it does) or that you don't have to work on maintaining your relationship (you do). But it shouldn't be a constant struggle. Ups and downs are fine and normal -- having to "take it to Jesus" every.single.day because you're so miserable and your spouse is making your life a living hell is not. The very worst day with my husband is still better than the very best day with my ex.

"Sorry, I can't come to the bake sale tonight. Ken is going to do sex on me because I'm a good wife and have to keep him strong to ward off Hitler. It's what Jesus wants!"

This bitch can't be for real, right?

She won't miss it. It only takes 10 minutes apparently.

What about the men who were killed by Hitler in death camps? Did they just not have enough testosterone to fight back?

Right and what about men who thought for Hitler, or at least for their country? Did God give Wermacht soldiers less testosterone or something? Or they weren't getting laid enough?

Archived