On Blogger since September 2008

Profile views - 4602

Blogs I follow

Mud Bloggin' with the Boltons

Somethin' Southern

About me

Gender	Male

Occupation	Farmer/Cowboy

Location	Beaverdam Valley, Tennessee C.S.A.

Introduction	I live in beautiful, rural Tennessee. The purpose of my blog, as well as my life, is to revive our Christian heritage and to honour and glorify Him who created all things. I hope you enjoy reading my various historical perspectives and posts of my life on the farm.

Interests	[quote]The War of Northern Aggression, [/quote]World History, Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, Singing, Guns and more Guns, Horseback Riding, Farming, Theology, Constitutional Law, Photography, Taxidermy, Building/Carpentry

Favorite Music	Country, Celtic, Soundtracks, Bluegrass and more country

Favorite Books	The Good Book, The Real Lincoln, When In the Course of Human Events, G.A. Henty, Institutes of Biblical Law, God and Government,[b][i][u] That Devil Forrest, [/u][/i][/b]Cleburne and His Command, The History of the Confederate Government, Eighteen Minutes, Spurgeon's Sermon's, Joel Salatin's Farm Books and many more.

Nathan Bedford Forrest's nickname is that Devil Forrest. Anyone who seriously calls the Civil War, The War o Northern Aggression is probably a racist.

netplaces.com/american-civil-war/the-course-of-the-war1864-part-i/that-devil-forrest.htm

Unquestionably, Forrest was a racist; both he and his men hated the thought of African Americans taking up arms against them. He and his men had a similar hatred of Tennessee men who fought for the North. These feelings led to the controversy about the battle at Fort Pillow in April 1864 when Forrest's men killed African American and Tennessee Federals trying to surrender. Forrest could not have been said to have given orders to this effect, but nevertheless he was in command and he was present at the battle. His association with the Ku Klux Klan after the war also stained his reputation. He later denounced the organization and wanted it disbanded, though he deplored much of the federal military rule of the former Confederate states.

Sullied as Forrest is, he was unquestionably a ferocious and talented warrior. William Sherman called him “that Devil, Forrest†and “the most remarkable man our Civil War produced on either side.

Out of curiosity I did a google search on Samuel B Turley's name(that and I am a bit bored) and came up with a comment of his found on To The Last Ditch

tothelastditch.com/history/the-economic-impact-of-barack-obama-on-the-gun-market

3Samuel B. Turley

Stephen,

Great post, I can attest to the rise in gun sales. We went to the Nashville gun show and we were struggling to pass through the thousands of people flocking to exercise their God given, 2nd amendment confirmed right. In addition to firearms we were looking for 7.62×39, 7.62×54 and 223. and everyone was sold out. One guy had brought 60,000 rounds of AK ammo and sold it all in the first three hours of the show.

We have however more than adequately prepared as far as ammo goes even though the demand is so high making it difficult to obtain certain kinds of it. May God help us in these upcoming years.

Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Sam

Do the members of Vision Forum have an arsenal? What are these people doing in private?

tothelastditch.com/history/simplicity-blessing-of-land

And the last line of this comment made me laugh

2Samuel B. Turley

Stephen,

Great post! The principle of the dominion mandate and property ownership has largely been lost in our culture. I think that this has contributed, among other things, to our mudslide economy. No longer is there a centralised community that buys local and lives close to the land where the small individual economies flourish. Rather, everybody up and moved to the city predominantly in the mid 1900′s, collapsing the Little Man and destroying the local economic and communal structure of rural America; this has slowly led, in my opinion, to the collapse of the national economy. I have to, of course, draw the connection of Northern industrialisation verses Southern agriculture, two cultures diametrically opposed to one another.

Samuel

(My “misâ€spelling of certain words is intentional, trying to use the original Oxford dictionary instead of the Yankeeized english orthography.)

I wouldn't say they all have arsenals, but pretty much all the VF/dominionist types I know have at least a few guns. They're big believers that our government is on the path to ruining itself and that they need to be prepared to defend home and hearth if it all falls apart.

Also, being able to hunt is favored among those who think we need to take dominion over the earth.

Sic Semper Tyrannis!

John Wilkes Booth, is that you?

Funny, I just posted a picture of Booth in another thread, about Dougie.

Sam sounds bigoted, idiotic and somewhat dangerous, to me.

Out of curiosity I did a google search on Samuel B Turley's name(that and I am a bit bored) and came up with a comment of his found on To The Last Ditch

tothelastditch.com/history/the-economic-impact-of-barack-obama-on-the-gun-market

Do the members of Vision Forum have an arsenal? What are these people doing in private?

tothelastditch.com/history/simplicity-blessing-of-land

And the last line of this comment made me laugh

I think it's hilarious that in a post in which he pointedly dismisses "Yankee" spellings, he spells his invented verb 'Yankeeized" instead of "Yankeeised." No foolish consistency for him!

Good grief, what a tool.

Original Oxford dictionary is code for UK English, apparently? I once had my Word set on English (United Kingdom) without realizing it and could not for the life of me figure out why it wasn't spelling my words right. I didn't know they had a UK version of English on Microsoft Word until then. Using an extra u in some words or changing z to s in others does not make him more, um...whatever it is he is trying to be.

Oh, and can someone inform him the American Civil War, er, War of Northern Aggression, ended 150 years ago. And the North won. Stop being a sore loser for a war he neither saw nor knew another in real life who was in it (all of them were long gone before he was born). And that having more melanin in the skin does not make one less of a human nor does it make one deserving of ill treatment or being enslaved. If you truly think that they should be, all I have to say is...fuck you, asshole! :obscene-birdiered: :angry-cussingblack:

We went to the Nashville gun show and we were struggling to pass through the thousands of people flocking to exercise their God given, 2nd amendment confirmed right.

I must have missed that part of the Bible.

John Wilkes Booth, is that you?

Funny, I just posted a picture of Booth in another thread, about Dougie.

Sam sounds bigoted, idiotic and somewhat dangerous, to me.

Because I didn't remember what Booth shouted when he shot Lincoln, I had to look it up. From the Wikipedia article on Booth

Sic semper tyrannis" (Latin for "Thus always to tyrants," attributed to Brutus at Caesar's assassination and the Virginia state motto

I had never really thought about any of the young Vision Forum interns as dangerous before-just stupid and naive. Now my view of them is changing

What are the names of some past interns? I'd like to see if they have a google blogger profile?

Original Oxford dictionary is code for UK English, apparently? I once had my Word set on English (United Kingdom) without realizing it and could not for the life of me figure out why it wasn't spelling my words right. I didn't know they had a UK version of English on Microsoft Word until then. Using an extra u in some words or changing z to s in others does not make him more, um...whatever it is he is trying to be.

Oh, and can someone inform him the American Civil War, er, War of Northern Aggression, ended 150 years ago. And the North won. Stop being a sore loser for a war he neither saw nor knew another in real life who was in it (all of them were long gone before he was born). And that having more melanin in the skin does not make one less of a human nor does it make one deserving of ill treatment or being enslaved. If you truly think that they should be, all I have to say is...fuck you, asshole! :obscene-birdiered: :angry-cussingblack:

I made an online person angry once by saying, "The North won. You and I are both Yankees now. Get over it." :lol:

I really find it interesting that he uses C.S.A. instead of U.S.A. If he wasn't VF, he could be a teabagger or something like that.

So, the limey bastards are good enough for the Oxford English he loves to emulate, but somehow god forgot to give them the right to own firearms. Oops :roll:

It's a damn shame Samuel Turley is so good-looking. That kind of hotness is wasted on this pompous imbecile.

I really find it interesting that he uses C.S.A. instead of U.S.A. If he wasn't VF, he could be a teabagger or something like that.

You all are noticing things that I hadn't. C.S.A stands for The Confederate States of America. I had to look that up also. Turley is ar more out there than I had supposed.

You all are noticing things that I hadn't. C.S.A stands for The Confederate States of America. I had to look that up also. Turley is ar more out there than I had supposed.

Yep, he's saying he's from a country that ceased to exist well over 150 years ago and long before he was born. That is rather weird, IMHO.

FTR, I am from the Midwest but the few times I have gotten called a "yankee" and "Northerner" and "on the winning side" from folks who were still fighting the Civil War in their minds (yep, I met a few) I mentioned that my family was still in Europe at the time (they emigrated between 1890 - 1920) so leave me / my family out of it.

I've been "interested" in the Turley family for awhile. Other than Justin, who posts to his blog once every blue moon, they appear to have very low internet presence--and what is available makes them look like a bunch of racist "tools". They idolize individuals who have indisputably attempted to deny basic human rights to other people. I'm sure that if they had German ancestry they'd probably be talking about what a swell guy Hitler was and how the Holocaust didn't really happen.

Awhile back we had a poster who claimed to know someone who knew Sam. They stated that he was attending college in Texas and had a girlfriend. Of course we can't confirm the validity of those claims, but I find it hard to believe that someone who's so interested in history and who will (more-than-likely) take history courses in college could still hold on to the revisionist trash that he was taught growing up. He lists VF "historian" Bill Potter as his mentor :roll: , so I guess that speaks volumes.

I believe he's a few years older than J. "Teef" Phillips, but they appear to be friendly with each other and share a mutual interest in dressing up like "historical" reenactor douche bags. Sam has also been deluded by the VF crowd into thinking he can sing. You can google videos of him croaking out ballads that'll make your ears bleed. I'm not surprised that Sam is such a fan of Nathan Bedford Forrest. His older brother Justin has posted on his blog of his visits to other monuments that commemorate racists. Also, if you'll remember, a few years back J. "Teef" posted a picture of himself at the monument saying something along the lines of how cool it was. If memory serves me correctly, a short time later he removed the post, but some quick thinking Free Jingerites captured the image (for prosperity).

The Turleys are racist, sexist, anti Catholic bigots. All you have to do is read their blog. Smug, ignorant, and on their third blessing in five years.

The Turleys are racist, sexist, anti Catholic bigots. All you have to do is read their blog. Smug, ignorant, and on their third blessing in five years.

I have probably followed links from this site to their blog and didn't connect the names of the individuals. Do you have a link to their blog?

Just google Justin Turley family...that links to their blog. They update in spurts and then go away for awhile....she is definitely pregnant with their third. His wife is Melissa Keen, sister of Lindsay Keen ( who married alleged sex offender Brantley Disharoon) and is pregnant with their second in less than two years of marriage. And on that note, I know way too much about these people!

Just google Justin Turley family...that links to their blog. They update in spurts and then go away for awhile....she is definitely pregnant with their third. His wife is Melissa Keen, sister of Lindsay Keen ( who married alleged sex offender Brantley Disharoon) and is pregnant with their second in less than two years of marriage. And on that note, I know way too much about these people!

Melissa was also Jennie Chancey's right-hand maiden before marrying; she worked as Sensibility's resident seamstress for a time.

Melissa was also Jennie Chancey's right-hand maiden before marrying; she worked as Sensibility's resident seamstress for a time.

Who are Brantley's parents? I never understood how his family related to Vision Forum or its members.

It is fascinating how all these different people are connected.

Who are Brantley's parents? I never understood how his family related to Vision Forum or its members.

It is fascinating how all these different people are connected.

It certainly is fascinating but it also shows how convoluted their fundie echo chamber is.

The Disharoons are from Georgia and may be members of Joe Morecraft's church (chalcedon.org/about-us/about-chalcedon). Joe and his wife Becky are longtime leghumpers friends of Dougie & company. Joe has been a "historian" on at least several VF trips (e.g., visionforumministries.org/events/eot2010/) and Becky, you may recall, taught this hilariously stupid writing webinar for VF a couple of years ago: visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2011/02/9192/

Joe also officiated at Brantley's & Lindsay's wedding (ourfullhouse.com/31-marriage/385-brantley-and-lindsay-disharoon.html) where LL's kids were junior attendants of some kind to the bride (vitafamiliae.com/miracle-in-the-aisles/) and the Vernier family musicians (including Audri Botkin) played for the service.

It certainly is fascinating but it also shows how convoluted their fundie echo chamber is.

The Disharoons are from Georgia and may be members of Joe Morecraft's church (chalcedon.org/about-us/about-chalcedon). Joe and his wife Becky are longtime leghumpers friends of Dougie & company. Joe has been a "historian" on at least several VF trips (e.g., visionforumministries.org/events/eot2010/) and Becky, you may recall, taught this hilariously stupid writing webinar for VF a couple of years ago: visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2011/02/9192/

Joe also officiated at Brantley's & Lindsay's wedding (ourfullhouse.com/31-marriage/385-brantley-and-lindsay-disharoon.html) where LL's kids were junior attendants of some kind to the bride (vitafamiliae.com/miracle-in-the-aisles/) and the Vernier family musicians (including Audri Botkin) played for the service.

And Brantley proposed Lindsay at a VF Father-Daughter Retreat. There was a photo of the "happy couple" in the Morton blog back then - I think that was the first time we heard about Brantley and soon discovered his suspicious past. Also, wasn't Lindsay the official photographer at Noah & Darthy's wedding?

I used to follow Brantley's Instagram (his username is/was bdish88 but it seems to be gone now) but quit - I couldn't stand his über-smugness and way too obvious narcissism any longer. His wide smug smile makes me want to :angry-banghead:

edit. because I can't write in English...

Archived