IGNORED

Geocaching?

Maggie Mae

Any one geocache? I seem to be really bad at it. I find the location alright, but the actual caches are always missing or empty :(

I don't have a tracker but I like letterboxing.....the non tech version of geocaching. You go on a website to find clues to hidden boxes and away you go. There are some hidden at a certain Rennisiance fair where you have to seek out certain characters and give them super secret passwords, to get your book stamped. Its quite fun.

www.letterboxing.org

I've been geocaching for about 8 years, and I love it. There are some great caches, but unfortunately, there is a lot of crap out there. If you like to hike, the better caches are in the woods, as opposed to, say, the strip mall. If you're new to it, Google the smaller types of caches like nano and bison tube, so you know what kind of thing you're looking for. That is the type of cache you're likely to find in your typical urban/suburban location, along with pill bottles and magentic keyholders (the most common hide in a guardrail).

I've found letterboxes too, totally by accident.

• 1 year later...

I am really bad at geocaching too! I use my iPhone so that could be the problem. I have kids that play travel soccer so sometimes we can look for a cache while we are out. Trying to get the rest of the teammates involved. I like letterboxing better but there aren't to many around here.

What kind of gps does everyone use?

• 1 year later...

Just stumbling across this post... I am a geocacher going back to the beginning of it and have found 1200+. I need to get back into it, as I haven't been so active the past few years. It always takes the kids and me to places we might never have seen otherwise.

I used to cache a lot, and then gas got crazy pricey and we stopped going so much. I miss it.

Archived