IGNORED

Doug Phillips re-writes history - again

AnnieC 305

Doug Phillips is a tool. And he's re-writing history with a little help from his friends. This landed in my mailbox today.

New — ‘The Untold History of America’s Civil War!’

Watch Our 7-Week Series Online for Just $48

With the approaching Sesquicentennial of the Battle of Gettysburg this July, there has never been a better time for you to learn about the men, the battles, the causes, and the implications of the war that redefined the way we look at our nation. If there is only one history subject that your family and you master in 2013, let it be the Untold Story of America's Civil War.

Beginning May 9, join our very own historian and Civil War expert Bill Potter for seven riveting, engaging, interactive classes on the great "War Between the States" that will allow you to understand and effectively communicate the most important elements of the conflict that set brother against brother and helped to define the modern world.

“The Untold Story of America’s Civil War†is perfect for junior high and high school students, but is designed to delight the entire family. The first broadcast of this 7-week series airs online at 8:00 p.m. (EDT) on May 9. Registration space is limited and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis, so sign up before we sell out!

The Greatest Generals, the Most Significant Battles,

The True Causes, and the Far-Reaching

Implications of the Civil War

America’s Civil War marked a turning point in U.S. history and changed our nation forever. After five long years of fighting, race-based slavery was gone. The balance of power had shifted far away from the states and firmly into the federal government’s hands. A president some hailed as a hero, and others decried as a tyrant, was dead. The conquered South was in complete disarray. And millions of families — both Northern and Southern — were shattered.

But apart from the Gettysburg Address, Abraham Lincoln, slavery, and maybe a few generals, most Americans know very little about the Civil War. And now we’re teaching our kids about it!

Do you and your children know why the Civil War was fought? Was it actually a “War of Northern Aggression†as it’s known by some — an all-out assault on the states rights we’re still fighting to uphold in the 21st century? Or was the war about ending the wicked enslavement of men and women stolen from their homelands and imported as chattel to the United States? Or are these even the right questions?

Carefully researched and completely fascinating, “The Untold History of America’s Civil War†online video series will give your family a distinctly Christian, historically accurate understanding of the Civil War, and show why so much of what we “know†about the Civil War — from both sides of the Civil War debate — is actually revisionist history.

Here is a small sampling of what you will learn about:

Why the South Seceded

Northern vs. Southern Strategies

Critical Battles

Those Who Led

The Path to Gettysburg

Spiritual Revival

Total Warfare

A Brave New World

Perfect for Junior High and High School Students,

But Designed to Delight the Entire Family

Christian historian Bill Potter has spent much of his life studying the War Between the States, visiting its battlefields, and teaching the true history of America’s bloodiest conflict.

Now beginning Thursday, May 9, and continuing each Thursday night for the following six weeks, your junior high and high school students and your entire family can enjoy a total of seven 1-hour, live video presentations from Mr. Potter as he takes you from pre-secession to the conclusion of America’s Civil War.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what to say to this. I'm torn between 'you've got to be shitting me,' and 'yay! epic snark time heading our way!'

I will have to quickly register(not). What can Doug the tool say that I don't already know by reading the history books? Or listening to real historians? Wait, I can learn how to be a manly man even if I'm a woman.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_scarsec.asp (Didn't break link, yale...)

But, I'm sure Dougie (the tool) and Bill Potter :liar: will explain that Slavery was NOT it!

Personally, I'd rather take out 48 cash and burn it into ash before I'd financially support either of these people who are out spinning history for fun and profit.

I'm not sure what to say to this. I'm torn between 'you've got to be shitting me,' and 'yay! epic snark time heading our way!'

."

Doug Phillips is a Tool?

I'm surprised he didn't manage to sneak in a line about it fufilling some "providence of god"

I'm *almost* willing to drop the 50 bucks to watch this for the epic snark that would surly ensue, but I can't bring myself to give that tool $$$$. Maybe if I give $100 to a charity, it would cancel out the $50 to Dougie.

NO, nononononono resist temptation! Just wait for the summer, go to any Civil War battle reenactment and ask around, and you'll find plenty of characters to tell you that "it wasn't about slavery" -- meanwhile you'll be getting some nice, fresh air, seeing a few good-lookin' young men in period clothing, enjoying a turkey leg or brat and maybe even meeting some normal-type folks who actually reenact to share stories with event-goers.

I'm not saying that all CW reenactors are Potter-types. Some are, though, and it's a lot more fun to find them in-person, as well as it gets you out of the house, and gives you stories to share with us when you get back to the computer desk at home. ;)

You can also probably find everything Potter's going to speak on, in videos already available for free on-line.

Don't line the pockets of Doug Phillips Is a Tool!!!!

Oh, let's start with basic math, please, please, pretty please.

If the Dougie leghumpers teach their children that the Civil War was a FIVE YEAR battle, they have failed from the get-go.

April 1861-April 1865= FOUR YEARS, not five.

Shots were fired at Fort Sumter April 12, 1861 starting the war.

Lee surrendered at Appomatox April 9, 1865 officially ending the war.

There is absolutely NO WAY you get five yeras out of that.

This doesn't bode well for their ability to teach ANYTHING about the Civil War if they start with that.

."

Doug Phillips is a Tool?

:o What the hell was I thinking? :?

*mutters under breath... Doug Phillips is a tool, Doug Phillips is a tool, Doug Phillips is a tool ... *

If the Dougie leghumpers teach their children that the Civil War was a FIVE YEAR battle, they have failed from the get-go.

This doesn't bode well for their ability to teach ANYTHING about the Civil War if they start with that.

You get out of here with the Devil's arithmetic! All things are possible through Christ, which strengtheneth me. If God could make the sun stand still, surely packing five years of war into a four-year period is nothing to Him. :hand:

NO, nononononono resist temptation! Just wait for the summer, go to any Civil War battle reenactment and ask around, and you'll find plenty of characters to tell you that "it wasn't about slavery" -- meanwhile you'll be getting some nice, fresh air, seeing a few good-lookin' young men in period clothing, enjoying a turkey leg or brat and maybe even meeting some normal-type folks who actually reenact to share stories with event-goers...

...Don't line the pockets of Doug Phillips Is a Tool!!!!

It's the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg this summer. Prime time opportunity for all of the above. :lol:

I have some questions already:

1. After they show the series, and if they want to present it again or sell it on DVD, will they change the title to reflect that the history is no longer 'Untold'?

2. What might registration space be limited to for this online course and why wouldn't it be assigned on a first come, first served basis? Also, what is meant by 'space'?

3. Is the $48 fee per person, per family, or per however many are interested and can fit in front of a screen? Why doesn't it say?

4. What will a 'distinctly Christian' understanding of this war provide that a non-distinctly Christian understanding won't? Isn't war unChristian?

5. Why is there no mention of satisfaction guaranteed or your money cheerfully refunded, or something similar? Is it implied?

As an historian, I think that Doug should stop to use that qualifier to describe himself!

How would he like it if I fell on the floor one evening after too many, uhm, beverages, and decided to call use "Pastor" as a title?? He'd be horified. Hahaha, Pastor Me. Yeah, I'm watching my hockey team's playoff game on TV with lots of wine and stuff. :wink-kitty:

Doug: you're a tool. Don't call yourself an historian. That's also a warning to that weirdo David Barton (?). If he's a historian I'm a Catholic church cardinal.

People like Dougie The Tool are the reason why I am a history major. I teach Sev the actual history of things, instead of the junk they teach on occasion in schools to the younger set. Thankfully her school has a pretty good curriculum in place for the kids so I just supplement what she is learning at times :)

FIVE YEARS? please. Even in Kindergarten, Sev's class was learning about the civil war (Lincoln, mainly but also a few age appropriate tidbits about the civil war) and she knew the civil war was four years. Epic fail, Dougie.

2. What might registration space be limited to for this online course and why wouldn't it be assigned on a first come, first served basis? Also, what is meant by 'space'?

Yeah, I was wondering about this, too... if it's a webinar, how can space be "limited"? Is their bandwidth only able to allow so many connections to stream the video at once?

And remember.... only $48! A delight for the entire family! :oops:

And the obligatory Doug Phillips is a Tool.

He's just doing it for the hoop skirts.

Doug Phillips is a tool of epic proportions.

Doug Phillips (is a tool) and his ilk are well versed in slavery. Starting with their wives and children.

Doug Phillips : actual reenactor :: Hazardous Journeys : actual wilderness challenge

It has been said a number of times, but I will reiterate -

Doug Phillips is a tool. :disgust:

All I can say is what the everloving fuck and Doug Phillips is a tool! :music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool:

I've long suspected that Vision Forum were Confederate sympathizers. It is good that this is coming more to light because it will turn off some potential members who would be attracted by tea parties, male bravado and costumes. Dougie and his crew do give of an air of imagined superiority to us plebeians. I'm sure owning slaves would make Doug the happiest tool on the planet.

I bet the seminar includes the myth that the Civil War was fought over tariffs. In 1828, the government enacted tariffs to protect American industries from lower priced goods from Europe. The fact that this hurt the south was unforeseen at the time but government enacted more moderate tariffs in the 1830's. Lincoln did not serve as president until 1861-1865. He had nothing to do with those tariffs but some modern southern sympathizers like to claim that the Civil War was fought over taxes.

They were using VF math:

1861 is the first year. 1862 is the second year. 1863 is the third year. 1864 is the fourth year. 1865 is, walla! the fifth year!

:laughing-rolling:

Doug Phillips is a tool. :music-tool: An arithmetically challenged tool.

Oh and because I forgot....

Doug Philips Is A Tool! :nenner:

And every now and then it just needs a pic too

post-76-14451997863057_thumb.jpg

(oh hai google[bot] :greetings-wavegreen: , thanks for getting this up in the rankings on the google image search for "doug phillips vision forum")

You know you're on FJ too much when you go to Lowe's tool department and wonder why there's no picture of Doug on any of the displays. 8-)

Doug Phillips is a tool. :music-tool:

Archived