IGNORED

NieNie's FU safety comments on IG

lilwriter85

I guess it comes down to reasonable risk assessment then. Of course *I've* never seen a child that looked like they were on the brink of falling out of a shopping cart, nor can I tell if it seems highly likely they're going to choke on that hot dog they're munching away on. Seriously, I envy your powers of prescience if you're so sure you're preventing a terrible accident every time you stick your nose into someone else's shopping cart.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She posted a picture of ze miracle baby holding a wooden gun on instagram, to thank those who commented on her child safety issues :hand:

I think that is exactly what people find so troubling about the Nielsons. Christian and Nie went through a horrible experience, but it seems they don't take precautions to prevent their kids from being injured in other situations. I think they always been a bit careless with their kids. Several months before the crash, Nie wrote about an incident in which toddler Nicholas somehow managed to get out of the house. She didn't know and a cop brought him. Nie is human and people make mistakes, but I remember that posting didn't show any signs of Nie fully realizing what happend. She mentioned touching the cop's arm and how that wasn't a good idea. My theory is that Nie tried to downplay or sweet talk the cop about Nicholas wandering around and the cop didn't buy it. The cop probably was upset that Nie touched him.

They also don't put helmets on their kids when they ride ATVs at the family ranch in New Mexico. They also seem a bit neglectful about other things. Her kids kept some kind of lizard as a pet. I think the older kids might have treated the lizard well, but Nie would write in posts about baby Charlotte putting the lizard in her mouth and other times she would try to strangle it.

This is what bothers me too. It's one thing to have been careless prior to the accident (not that it's okay) but post accident, this is mind-boggling for me. I would totally understand if the Nielsons became too hyper aware and safety oriented, but at the very least they would taking greater precautions to avoid other things happening to them and their kids. But no, it's like they somehow think that after all they have been through, that more accidents couldn't potentially happen to them.

I wouldn't be offended either, as such, but I would still wonder why they were interfering.

I would say something about uncut hotdogs or grapes. My sister worked with a boy who was in a vegetative state (and subsequently died) because he choked on a grape as a tot. Not everybody has that experience. It's the same reason that I will try to educate parents about backyard pools and baby walkers - both are far more dangerous than they seem.

This is what bothers me too. It's one thing to have been careless prior to the accident (not that it's okay) but post accident, this is mind-boggling for me. I would totally understand if the Nielsons became too hyper aware and safety oriented, but at the very least they would taking greater precautions to avoid other things happening to them and their kids. But no, it's like they somehow think that after all they have been through, that more accidents couldn't potentially happen to them.

I also think they have a "lightening doesn't strike the same place twice" attitude post crash. I think after the crash, she and Mr. Nie didn't get any kind of wake up calls regarding safety precautions. After reading through a lot of Nie's posts, I think she and her beloved Mr. Nielson aren't that bright. She has always been dumb about a lot of things not related to safety issues. They remind me a bit of Jim Bob and Michelle. I will say that in some ways they are smarter than Boob and Mullet. I have to give Nie props for having her family on a mostly healthy diet.

But the lack of safety precautions with her kids will always have many people worried. Her fangirls don't see or realize how much risk Nie and Christian are taking with their kids. I'm not wishing anything bad on Nie's kids, but it would be interesting to see how the fangirls would spin things for their beloved NieNie. Then again many of her fangirls are idiots like her, reading many of those IG comments especially the one I quoted here really pisses me off.

Archived