IGNORED

Virginia: No Oral Sex for You!

Maggie Mae

The way it gets prosecuted is when someone wants a divorce, things get nasty, and one of the parties claims the other forced them into unnatural acts.

Didn't that happen to Charlie Chaplin in like, 1920?

Here's something else to think about. The sex offender registry will grow at a fast rate. Lives will be ruined if this comes to pass. It scary to even think about it. :shock:

So, the new state motto will be... "Virginia Is For [Vanilla] Lovers? :doh:

(no offense intended to vanilla; it's my favorite flavor!)

I don't expect that his supporters actually care about issues of consent, privacy, church/state separation or minimizing government intrusion into bedrooms.

So, I suggest hitting him where it hurts. Can we get taxpayers in Virginia to demand to know exactly how many of their tax dollars will be spent on this exercise? You have to add up time spent by 15 appeal court judges, judges' clerks, court staff, state attorney's time, etc. Next, can folks in Virginia demand to know what the impact of this case would be on other cases? What cases will be delayed, what issues won't receive attention from the state attorney general, what crimes won't be prosecuted, what child protection cases will be delayed, etc. because of resources diverted to this issue?

Didn't that happen to Charlie Chaplin in like, 1920?

And Jack and Jeri Ryan in 2004. Killed Jack Ryan's political career.

And Jack and Jeri Ryan in 2004. Killed Jack Ryan's political career.

And because of that, Obama beat the replacement candidate for Ryan (Alan Keyes) in a landslide. I believe that was a senate seat that usually went to GOP.

Yeah, I like to point out that Obama's presidency hinges on Seven of Nine refusing to go to a swingers club.

Sometimes history is both weird and fascinating.

Does anyone else think all these recent hard core extremist laws being proposed in the south are just a way to provoke a federal showdown leading to an actual secession ?

We can only hope.

There was a case in which a married couple was having sex in their bedroom, but the miniblinds weren't all the way shut, so a neighbor saw them, videotaped them and then reported them to the police. I can't recall how it all turned out, but I remember thinking, um, you know, just look away. Totally a thing you can do.

Does anyone else think all these recent hard core extremist laws being proposed in the south are just a way to provoke a federal showdown leading to an actual secession ?

No, they really believe in these laws. At least in my area of the Deep South.

There was a case in which a married couple was having sex in their bedroom, but the miniblinds weren't all the way shut, so a neighbor saw them, videotaped them and then reported them to the police. I can't recall how it all turned out, but I remember thinking, um, you know, just look away. Totally a thing you can do.

Only a creep would go around peeking in their neighbors windows and tape them having sex. So much for advocating smaller government. Legislating what happens in people's bedrooms is not what I call small government.

Archived