IGNORED

We have a new Pope!

duplessis3

Well, not me personally. But one has been elected. The live video stream while we wait for him to appear is available on youtube vaticanradio.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I commented to a friend on Facebook, I was kind of hoping they'd just lock all the cardinals up and never let them out.

And I'm a Catholic. :lol:

As I commented to a friend on Facebook, I was kind of hoping they'd just lock all the cardinals up and never let them out.

And I'm a Catholic. :lol:

:laughing-rolling:

(Me, too, actually--both hoping, and I'm Catholic :lol: )

It's a far fetched hope but I do wish it's someone more liberal. But I'm sure the more liberal cardinals are non-existent...they are probably weeded out in seminary.

I came home early from work because I don't feel well, took a shower, climbed into bed, turned on the TV and it had just switched over to WHITE SMOKE! on all the stations. Being raised semi Catholic, I am very interested in who it is.

It's a far fetched hope but I do wish it's someone more liberal. But I'm sure the more liberal cardinals are non-existent...they are probably weeded out in seminary.

I wish that now and I wished it the last time. It isn't going to happen, not with the cardinals Benedict put in there.

Aw, man, can't wait. This is like watching a reality show (the Popelympics?). Even though I have nothing to do with the Catholic church whatsoever, it's still so exciting. Come on, Ouellet! Hoser in the Vatican!

Aw, man, can't wait. This is like watching a reality show (the Popelympics?). Even though I have nothing to do with the Catholic church whatsoever, it's still so exciting. Come on, Ouellet! Hoser in the Vatican!

I know, right?!? So exciting!

Anyone know much about Bergoglio?

He apparently resigned from a job as bishop before because of "age", so what's he doing as Pope?

He apparently resigned from a job as bishop before because of "age", so what's he doing as Pope?

I suspect he's the clerical equivalent of "acting CEO" in the corporate world. Someone to serve as a figurehead while they wait for the scandals to blow over.

They hope he will die faster than rat boy.

I thought I heard the newscasters say they're required to retire at age 75. :?:

Caretaker pope? Compromise pope?

They hope he will die faster than rat boy.

They said he is young for a pope here in tv, i dont know..

His name is Francisco I

I suspect he's the clerical equivalent of "acting CEO" in the corporate world. Someone to serve as a figurehead while they wait for the scandals to blow over.

He's old. I think this means that the other cardinals want another eight years to subtly duke it out behind the scenes to become a younger pope.

I love that he's a Franciscian, but I think that taking a vow of poverty means very little when you're never in actual danger of bring poor.

Well, whatever his past, I think he's certainly an unusual choice and has more potential for being different than Benedict (then again, that doesn't take much). I like his emphasis on social justice, although it could just be lip service. We'll see. Good luck to him, this cannot be easy. And I like his choice of name. Francis.

Archived