IGNORED

Xgay Greg & Dede's Neverending Miracle Pregnancy - pt 2

happy atheist

There is nothing I want to happen more than an xgay, bedazzled, eleventy-pregnant camper ministry by XGay Greg and EverPregnant Dede.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a bloody shame. This was one of the funniest, most entertaining threads for a while on FJ. A wee bit of snarky genius in another wise bleak, bleak world. Not like Xgay and Dede seem to be adversely effected, seems like they are quite happy to perpetuate their....Now what to call it? Best not to use any term really in case it offends :P

This is just a classic FJ new poster, gets popular and OH so must quickly be slapped down. Not allowed to be liked so soon you know.

What a load of shite. The world is not a PC place. Some just get off on being perfect in order to feel some moral high ground on an internet forum. Every body is perfect and is just a perfect person in their perfect world (sofa on their laptop.)

Fucked up a great saga/thread :clap:

What a bloody shame. This was one of the funniest, most entertaining threads for a while on FJ. A wee bit of snarky genius in another wise bleak, bleak world. Not like Xgay and Dede seem to be adversely effected, seems like they are quite happy to perpetuate their....Now what to call it? Best not to use any term really in case it offends :P

This is just a classic FJ new poster, gets popular and OH so must quickly be slapped down. Not allowed to be liked so soon you know.

What a load of shite. The world is not a PC place. Some just get off on being perfect in order to feel some moral high ground on an internet forum. Every body is perfect and is just a perfect person in their perfect world (sofa on their laptop.)

Fucked up a great saga/thread :clap:

OKTBT, you said what I wish I could. I don't feel that Mimi said anything out of line. Dede wasn't her client and I feel that calling Greg and her loony, and wondering what it would be like to assess them, was perfectly ok in the FJ environment. Besides she lived close to these knuckleheads, and was willing to go undercover to fill us in on details about their church and McDonald's crusades. I'm seriously bummed that she felt too intimidated to stay.

Oh, FFS. She didn't "flounce". Y'all called her a liar (about something trivial), and then kept attacking her, even when others told you that your "evidence" was inconclusive and pointed out that you were being hypocritical. Bullying somebody until they leave doesn't count as a "flounce."

*mod hat off*

This! We have a very small segment of the community that seems to be suspicious of EVERY new poster (and delight in it). I guess if you call every new poster a troll you are going to be right at some point. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut, as they say.

*mod hat on*

I realize that there have been problems with trolls in the past and there will no doubt be problems again. However, we have a more rigorous screening process for new accounts now that hopefully lessens the problem inherently.

I also know that poking sharp sticks at newbies was a bit of a sport under the old administration. It's not a secret that newbies were not exactly welcome or desired under that administration.

That is NOT the case under this administration. FULL STOP. Everyone is welcome to post and is a viable part of this community regardless of post count UNTIL they prove they are not. The community NEEDS new people to thrive and in case people haven't figured it out by now, new people out number "regular members" at this point, so we are going to be seeing new people posting. It's just a fact. If we don't, the site will eventually die, which I don't think is what anyone wants (and is what was happening under the old administration, which you can tell by looking at traffic charts alone).

No one has to like everyone, obviously, but let's not automatically discount everyone because they don't have a high post count, please. Find a better reason to disagree/call them a troll than they are a new poster, please. If it continues to be an issue, I'll find a way to disable post counts and we will ALL be Star Belly Sneetchs, there will be no Plain Belly ones ;)

The story for people that didn't grow up with the marvelous Dr. Suess: http://tribes.tribe.net/star-belliedsne ... d9044728cc

constantgardner, your husband can only have conveniently long-since forgotten med school and the ER...oh wait...worked in hospitals for nearly 20 years, as a....? Not as clinical staff, I'm going to guess.

Sorry. It happens. But as a patient, you would never want to hear that, right? Man, I must totally be revealing the Secrets of The Brotherhood. My bad!

Let's take a step back, everyone.

With one step back, the sky opens up - Chinese proverb applicable to provocation and challenges. 退一步,海闊天空

Has the irony here occurred to anyone? We're mocking and making fun of a woman in North Carolina who is clearly suffering from mental illness of some nature and degree. Just the fact of the circumstances kinda point to something not right. Is this unkind? Oh, absolutely!

And the husband as well. A gay man that clearly has profound issues and struggles with identity and sexuality. In a region that flat-out condemns it and he's trying to figure out how he can be a Christian. In the Deep South. Funny? Well, no. Not funny. He deserves our compassion and sensitivity.

So those of you with righteous indignation about characterizing mental illness in casual, inappropriate terms should probably rethink your own morbid fascination and participation here.

We are insensitive. All the time. In personal life, school, at work. You all know we are. Every single one of us has done something rude, thoughtless and insensitive.

This kind of interpersonal callousness deserves attention and being identified. Called out. There is an inherent responsibility. We can and should do better. This subject is certainly worthy of its own thread and would no doubt gets hundreds of readers and pages of comments.

There are degrees and context. Everything in proper perspective.

Absolutely, the education profession and those who work in schools should not use snarky language to characterize children and students. Probably not even on their own time, speaking amongst themselves. It says something about how they feel about their jobs and what they do. I hear it all the time - teachers rolling their eyes at a kid's over-dramatic and annoying parent. I read an email circulated to teachers, "Here we go!!!" referencing a kid's mother that has a reputation for complaints. The tone was completely insulting and minimized the mother's very legitimate issues. Overheard teachers in the hallway: "Teaching would be great, if it wasn't for the kids and the parents." Ouch.

Mental health professionals? I don't know. I've seen a lot of crisis. Same thing with medical providers. This kind of callous banter is stress reduction. It comes from operating on the front-line, under pressure of immediate response and minimal mistakes. The internal jokes about patients in the medical field is typically emergency room stuff, not doctors' offices. In front of patients? Oh hell no! And for sure, if you said something like that in earshot of anyone outside of your immediate team, you absolutely would be sanctioned and maybe even fired. Make no mistake, it's not taken lightly.

This is a Snark Forum, intentionally designed to let people say what they want. Should we censor ourselves? Sure. But we don't have to. I come here to blow off steam and read and comment about stuff I NEVER would in my real life.

We're collectively rude and mean-spirited strangers commenting and condemning other human beings. About their child-bearing choices, their spirituality, appearance, spouses, everything! Judgmental? Ya think?! So if this offends your sensibilities, good. It should. That's a sign that your moral compass is working. You always have the choice not to read this crap.

But that's not what this was about, to begin with. The issue began when one reader questioned the other's comment in a really personal way. Basically calling the other out as a liar. If reader #2 was offended at the tone and language used, he/she could have just said that. That point could have been made and taken. The end.

Instead it's become a big weird cluster fuck on whether or not a reader is really a mental health pro and mental health people using inappropriate language, and on and on and on.

Start a different thread on the subject of insensitivity and bullying. I'll join in there, too.

Reminder: this is Part II of a loony-tune and her miraculous year-long pregnancy.

In the meantime, back to the game. I'm on my day off and want light entertainment and amusement. If I wanted a lecture on social conscience, I'd call my mother.

Black humor aka "gallows humor" -

Sigmund Freud, Der Humor, 1927.

"The ego refuses to be distressed by the provocations of reality, to let itself be compelled to suffer. It insists that it cannot be affected by the traumas of the external world; it shows, in fact, that such traumas are no more than occasions for it to gain pleasure."

Wylie Sypher: "to be able to laugh at evil and error means we have surmounted them."

Jingqiong Zhou, Raymond Carver's Short Fiction in the History of Black Humor.

The firing squad leader offers a man about to be executed a cigarette. He replies, "No thanks, I'm trying to quit."

Stephen King, The Tommyknockers.

Murderer William Palmer being hanged on the gallows: "Are you sure it's safe?"

Oscar Wilde, destitute and dying in a crappy fleabag Paris hotel: "My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One of us has got to go."

They have a Christ-centered marriage because they don't say what doesn't need to be said...

bwwwaahhhhaaa!

why do I feel like this means they don't talk to each other unless they are "ministering"

Did he really say that he annointed Dede with oil before sex? Really?!

why do I feel like this means they don't talk to each other unless they are "ministering"

Ministering and anointing each other...lots and lots of baby oil...no talking...

Did he really say that he annointed Dede with oil before sex? Really?!

That explains why he was attracted to her, when they first met, because she put on lotion.

Aaaaaand, we seem to be back in Buffalo Bill territory again. :shock:

Seriously? What credentials do you have to judge others' credentials? It makes no sense to accuse her of lying because of an offhand remark about her profession. She wasn't trying to Internet diagnose them; all she said is that she found them as fascinating as we do. The only "squee-factor" came from her being close enough to observe them in person.

It's okay that you think she's being unprofessional. Some of us disagree with you, but that's okay. It's okay to say it hurts your feelings, or that it bothers you that professionals would talk like that. I just think you were way off with attacking her for "lying". There wasn't, and still isn't, any evidence of that. Can't you imagine this from her perspective?

Not to mention people are saying can you imagine dr./special ed teacher etc talking about their PATIENTS/students etc. These two are NOT her patients. They are clearly no one's patients or they wouldn't be talking about an elephantine length pregnancy on a public webpage on the internet, ffs.

The double standard here is mind boggling. I bet I can find instances where the people that have self-identified as being in the MHP have called people "othering" language before and no one has said a word because they were long term posters.

Baloney! Not even possible! Now I'm doubting your credential.

Oh wait. Did you mean to imply that you are a career clinician or healthcare worker? Have I misunderstood? Did you mean you've spent a lifetime in medical settings as a patient and never heard any snarky comments?

Yeah, me too. I've been going to the doctor ever since I can remember and never have heard anyone call me any of those awful but super funny medical lexicons.

Typically for internal use only.

Maybe the surgeon doesn't call his patients "fatties." But I betcha he does tell the interns that his 4Fs and Double Whoppers have CFT and Michelin's disorder. [Chronic Food Toxicity and multiple spare tires.]

Sorry. It happens.

Nurse here. Absolutely happens. As a student doing a mental health placement I was shocked by the language the doctors & nurses used.

Same in ED (ER). Not so much like this on the wards but we are all guilty of sometimes using inappropriate language. NOT within hearing of patients & their families though!

It's called a healthy skepticism... I guess if I'm wrong, she can use her professional supervision time at work to help get some perspective on the matter, and some support from colleagues for her apparently perfectly normal professional behaviour.

"Healthy skepticism" of what? His/her opinion?

I don't give a shit what mimg27 or anybody else does for a living or lies about credentials. I don't even care what he/she posts, as long as it's entertaining and amusing. I want it to be funny or at least engaging in some way. If it's not funny, I'm gonna complain to the mods.

I'm not fact-checking and vetting readers. It just has to be clever and interesting comments. Okay?

Now I'm all freaked out and paranoid that xgaygreg or decompensatingdede are on here trying to get the conversation shut down and make it go away.

One thing-the one thing-I dislike about FJ is when someone new comes on-especially someone we are snarking on, or someone who is of interest to us (ie an actual fundie) a few people are so awful & rude to these people they, understandably, leave.

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. And we can find out more about these people being respectfully than being rude.

Sad to see this same behaviour with a new member who had some great information for us, & could have found our more.

Thanks for ruining it.

That explains why he was attracted to her, when they first met, because she put on lotion.

Aaaaaand, we seem to be back in Buffalo Bill territory again. :shock:

All I can think about is the scene in a Criminal Minds episode called "Lucky" where a cannibal is rubbing down his victim with olive oil. Squicky :?

Well congratulations anniec and koala, I'm leaving. I'm packing up my toys and going home. I'm way too rude and immature to hang with you guys. I've got an Easter pageant to go to.

I give this flounce a 2.

Honestly can we take this whole obnoxious and pointless derail to another thread so those with sticks up their asses can self congratulate themselves for being raging hypocrites elsewhere and get back to the snark on xgaygreg and his gestatinganelephantbride.

I give this flounce a 2.

YAWN.

I give your oh so predictable reply ..well nothing. It was unsurprising :P

YAWN.

I give your oh so predictable reply ..well nothing. It was unsurprising :P

Don't you have a whole chicken to de-can? ;)

Not like Xgay and Dede seem to be adversely effected, seems like they are quite happy to perpetuate their....Now what to call it?

Eleventy1 small horse lung pregnancy

nixR6wVa4HY

Don't you have a whole chicken to de-can? ;)

No. I'm free-birthing now :lol:

Must get that back sometime.

So the summary of the radio show is that there were no calls taken? Did they talk about their miracle baby? Someone who listened (not on my slow net), please explain. How can they talk and not advance the plot line?

edited: erase nail polish threat, as it's too late

Not to mention people are saying can you imagine dr./special ed teacher etc talking about their PATIENTS/students etc. These two are NOT her patients. They are clearly no one's patients or they wouldn't be talking about an elephantine length pregnancy on a public webpage on the internet, ffs.

The double standard here is mind boggling. I bet I can find instances where the people that have self-identified as being in the MHP have called people "othering" language before and no one has said a word because they were long term posters.

The double standard to me is that (apparently), medical professionals talk about their patients in horribly unprofessional ways and get away with it, but as a teacher, if I EVER talked about my students like this, I'd be fired (and rightly so.) Not only my students, but ANY student. Teachers don't call children idiots or the "r" word. I've literally never heard it happen in my whole career. Why do medical professionals think it's ok?

I hope it makes everyone feel better that I can assure you, as a teacher, that I've never said (or heard anyone say) something horrible about a student. Maybe that will make up a little bit for how yucky I feel knowing that (apparently) my doctors and nurses say horrible things about me when my back is turned.

The double standard to me is that (apparently), medical professionals talk about their patients in horribly unprofessional ways and get away with it, but as a teacher, if I EVER talked about my students like this, I'd be fired (and rightly so.) Not only my students, but ANY student. Teachers don't call children idiots or the "r" word. I've literally never heard it happen in my whole career. Why do medical professionals think it's ok?

I hope it makes everyone feel better that I can assure you, as a teacher, that I've never said (or heard anyone say) something horrible about a student. Maybe that will make up a little bit for how yucky I feel knowing that (apparently) my doctors and nurses say horrible things about me when my back is turned.

My sister who is a teacher of, not polite to mention her age loooooonnnnggg time quite regularly is very un-pc to me her sister on a regular basis about the frustrations of both her students, her profession and her colleagues. I'll be sure to tell her what a shit human being she is for you know, being a human being and getting a bit of stress out about it at times.

No you don't make me feel better. You make me feel like I don't want some one dimensional judgemental person teaching my child quite frankly. I would like my child to know that everybody makes mistakes sometimes and trying to be perfect all the time while laudable is not a yardstick to how good you are as a person. Oh and telling everybody else how shit they are. I really don't want her taught that. Apart from that thanks for your profession.

More comments from decompensatingdede's blog:

Hon, you're not pregnant and you're not fooling anyone. Which leads to the question: what exactly are you trying to do?

Secondly, you're fooling yourself by thinking that your husband isn't gay. People don't suddenly turn gay or straight any more than they can choose to be left or right handed.

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish but you're making yourself look foolish at best and dangerous at worst.

Still no baby, eh? I hope the above commenter did report you to the local authorities. It's ridiculous that you are keeping up this sham going. If you WERE actually pregnant, you've endangered the life of your child. If you delivered at home and the baby was stillborn or something, then it was your fault for not taking proper care of yourself and the baby.

OR you're a COMPLETE nutjob and you're planning to steal a baby.

OR tumor.

OR hysterical pregnancy...

Or, just a big, fat, liar. Mostly a liar who is just big and fat.

I didn't include a really nasty one that was a string of profanity and pointless.

The radio show -

No callers. Nothing much happened. Seemed to be short, like 15 minutes or a half-hour. I got there late, so maybe someone else knows what I missed.

Except as noted in the live blogging action here, they said the same lines as on their Facebooks and sappy videos. Boring. Insipid. Breathless enthusiasm for God. Hard to listen to.

I will say that Greg's voice sounded particularly gay today. Interesting. A weird moment when Judge Eve asked him to expound on what it means to be a Godly husband or some shit. He paused awkwardly and then stuttered and hmm'ed and haw'ed for a couple of seconds. Like he had no clue what she wanted. When he started in, it sounded off. Hard to explain. Not at all manly or natural, like you'd hear a man when asked about women or his wife. Like listening to someone painfully explain a trigonometry problem when they're shaky on basic math. My mind filled with the wondrous Christ-like stark realization that the man really is flamin' gay.

:gay-imgay:

When he lectured about the evils of homosexuality, Judge Eve had a sort of sharp edge to her voice, interrupted him, repeated a couple of times that we LOVE gay people, right? Like she was cuing him and prodding.

• xgaygreg lectured about women being properly submissive to their husbands.

• Dede said women who talk back have a "Jezebel spirit."

• They need cash for a "motor coach" or RV. God has called them. They FEEL a move coming.

It was disappointing.

Archived