IGNORED

Obama Wants to Ban Homeschool?

roddma

Anyone see the post on 19K FB post about Obama wanting to ban homeshcool? Of course the usual leg humpers chime in.

I think homeschooling should have some regulations, to make sure people are actually giving their children a decent education, although I am not sure whether banning homeschooling is a good idea, as some people homeschool for non religious reasons-like that their kid has a disability, or is way above other children their age and not challenged enough at school, or because theyre getting really badly bullied.

I think homeschooling should have some regulations, to make sure people are actually giving their children a decent education, although I am not sure whether banning homeschooling is a good idea, as some people homeschool for non religious reasons-like that their kid has a disability, or is way above other children their age and not challenged enough at school, or because theyre getting really badly bullied.

Obama's not going to ban homeschooling. But his administration may try to regulate it but I doubt it. IIRC, homeschooling falls under the purview of one's state, not the federal government. Perhaps if the US had national standards for each grade, but there are none.

The federal government actually has very little to do with State educational guidelines.

Their main leverage is money, as they can withhold federal dollars if states don't comply with various initiatives the federal government is promoting. After the general across the board hatred of "no child left behind" I doubt many states would feel inclined to sign up for some new federal dollars that had a ton of regulations attached.

This sounds like another bit of right wing nonsense.

Dafuq......

why would Obama want to ban homeschool? I should think there are far pressing manners at the moment then Obama's opinions on twats like the Duggars.

Homeschool should be held to the same standards as a regular school, but I believe that's on a state by state basis

Obama's not going to ban homeschooling. But his administration may try to regulate it but I doubt it. IIRC, homeschooling falls under the purview of one's state, not the federal government. Perhaps if the US had national standards for each grade, but there are none.

National standards have been developed, and I think 45 or so of the states have adopted them: the Common Core State Standards. The last few states that haven't adopted them are in the process, and will in a few years.

I agree. Homeschooling needs to be somewhat regulated to ensure that the children are actually being taught the basics. It saddens me to watch my nieces and nephews attend SOTDRT and every year fall farther behind their peers. And my SIL is a teacher!! Yet she thinks it's perfectly fine to homeschool, AND babysit 3 other children. She doesn't listen to reason when we try to talk to her about it, so we've honestly just given up.

My daughter homeschools in a state with very few regulations. Her oldest graduated, made 25 (31 on writing) on her ACT and got a small scholarship for college; might have qualified for more but we didn't apply. If a parent is dedicated and the child is willing, good things can happen. My grandson requested public school, where he is doing very well. The youngest is still at home but if she wants public school, she will get that, too; they live in a much better school district than when they started.

My BIL was homeschooled, and he ended up going on to get his teaching degree in English. His mother was an immigrant from Holland, and English was her second language, so this was no small feat. I admire her dedication to making sure all her children got the best education possible. Sadly, this isn't the case with every homeschool situation.

Homeschooling should be somewhat regulated. That being said - I doubt Obama is even thinking about it. From all the BS I've seen about Obama on facebook - almost all of it is a downright lie, Right-wing conspiracy theory, and paranoid people spreading unfounded rumors on the basis of their rights being taken away from them. If it was a leg-humper on 19 K, I am 99.99999999999999% sure it is one or all of the above three reasons.

These are the same people who blame Obama if they get a hangnail ffs.

I agree that homeschooling should be regulated. The kids should be followed by a qualified person to make sure that they r on tract. The problem w/ the Duggars & the Maxwell family is their kids are not followed by anyone.

Obviously you guys didn't get the memo. Obama is the devil. He wants to take away all our rights, confiscate all the guns, and abolish the first amendment. He's also planning to make being gay mandatory for everyone. And he's a Muslim terrorist. And he is the reincarnation of Hitler. Glad we got that cleared up.

Obviously you guys didn't get the memo. Obama is the devil. He wants to take away all our rights, confiscate all the guns, and abolish the first amendment. He's also planning to make being gay mandatory for everyone. And he's a Muslim terrorist. And he is the reincarnation of Hitler. Glad we got that cleared up.

:lol:

You forgot He also wants to abort all the babies and give us all free phones and food stamps.

Arkansas must be one of the five states with few regulations else the Duggars wouldn't get away with what they do. You don't have to make a certain grade on a test. Excuse me conservatives teaching revisionist history and opinions isn't education. Pennsylvania has the toughest laws which is why most parents just send kids to school.

:lol:

You forgot He also wants to abort all the babies and give us all free phones and food stamps.

Arkansas must be one of the five states with few regulations else the Duggars wouldn't get away with what they do. You don't have to make a certain grade on a test. Excuse me conservatives teaching revisionist history and opinions isn't education. Pennsylvania has the toughest laws which is why most parents just send kids to school.

No no, you're wrong. Obama is the anti-Christ and by the end of his second term, the world will be in ruins and everyone will be sporting the numbers 666. :lol:

Note: I do think there are some people that seriously think he is the anti-christ. I don't, though, but still.

How could I forget about the mandatory abortions?!?!? Must be all the free mandatory birth control. It's fried my brain as well as my womb!

Is he doing this before or after the microchips implanted in our hands? At that point resistance will be futile.

Don't forget his wife, Michelle, who is going to use a cattle prod to force people off their sofas and make them run around the block. She's also going to ban ice cream and potato chips! :roll:

This is the only article on Farris' site I can find in reference to this claim.

hslda.org/docs/news/2013/201302110.asp

I didn't have to log in to access it, so it should be readable to anyone.

AHA! I found it. The history of Farris (and Klicka before him) and their involvement in the Germany homeschooling efforts is a VERY sorid history. I am totally amused that Farris is now going to PRETEND that his organization is the great savior for German homeschoolers, and that all US homeschoolers MUST rise up against this threat because Obama wants to ban our homeschooling as well.....conveniently forgetting that he and Klicka helped CREATE the situation that forced this family to seek assylum in the US instead of being able to change things in Germany.

hsislegal.com/hslda_destroys_german_homeschool_movement/an_open_letter_to_hslda/

I find high level regulation on my homeschooling a thorn in my side. I HATE all of the regulation in my current state and all of the hopes I have to jump to prove to the system what I already know for myself. HOWEVER, after I took in a teen whose first adoptive family used lax homeschooling laws to shield criminal level educational neglect, I am no longer opposed to regulations. The thing is, I CAN conform to tough regulations, I just resent it. I CAN demonstrate that I am homeschooling appropriately, and I DO hold even the highest standards any state requires to allow you to homeschool (college degree). If those like myself who are properly schooling CAN conform to regulations, then such a requirement is nothing more than thorn in our sides and we simply do it. However my son's first adoptive family could NEVER have complied with regulations. Had his state function like mine, they would have caught what was being done to him before he lost four MORE years of schooling after entering the US.

No no, you're wrong. Obama is the anti-Christ and by the end of his second term, the world will be in ruins and everyone will be sporting the numbers 666. :lol:

Note: I do think there are some people that seriously think he is the anti-christ. I don't, though, but still.

You also forgot that he's going to overturn the Constitution altogether and stay in office indefinitely, long after his second term is up. :roll: A friend of my son's believes this, and nothing I can say will convince him otherwise. All I can do is wait for 2016 and let our political system prove him wrong.

Oh, and he also believes Obama is the anti-Christ, or at the very least, the guy who sets us up for the anti-Christ. :doh:

Anyone see the post on 19K FB post about Obama wanting to ban homeshcool? Of course the usual leg humpers chime in.

No, he's only banning Christian homeschool. Muslim homeschool will be a-okay. ;)

Archived