IGNORED

Obama Wants to Ban Homeschool?

roddma

National standards have been developed, and I think 45 or so of the states have adopted them: the Common Core State Standards. The last few states that haven't adopted them are in the process, and will in a few years.

Those are optional standards, though. By "national standards," I meant that every public school district in the US held to the same benchmarks, cirriculum and standards or the kids wouldn't progress or graduate, much less get federal money for their school district.

All hail Emperor Obama!

emperor-obama-uniform.jpg

I've been following US politics for quite a long time, and never have I known a President who has been hated as much as this one. And I'm not talking about reasonable people who disagree with his ideas and policies. I'm talking about extreme right wing fundies and teabaggers who have gone completely off the rails, and swallow the BS that gets said about him as if it's the absolute truth. Just where is the civility? Sure, I snarked on President Bush plenty of times, but I never spread untruths about him and I never called for his death.

Bush wasn't black. If youre a conservative, Its ok to spew venomous hatred at black people. He got uppity and forgot his place. I guaranfuckingtee you that if our president was a white guy named Barry Smith, there wouldn't be this level of bile. Sure, there would be people who disagreed with him, as is their right, but the hatred of him as a person wouldn't be there. Bush was a shitty president, and a dumbass, but I didn't know anyone who despised him as a human being. Maybe liberals are just more civilized. Just wait untill we get a woman president. They may even be worse. Let the rape "jokes" begin!

Bush wasn't black. If youre a conservative, Its ok to spew venomous hatred at black people. He got uppity and forgot his place. I guaranfuckingtee you that if our president was a white guy named Barry Smith, there wouldn't be this level of bile. Sure, there would be people who disagreed with him, as is their right, but the hatred of him as a person wouldn't be there. Bush was a shitty president, and a dumbass, but I didn't know anyone who despised him as a human being. Maybe liberals are just more civilized. Just wait untill we get a woman president. They may even be worse. Let the rape "jokes" begin!

So much damn truth in this post! I think so much of the vitriol aimed at President Obama has to do with his race, "funny" name, and the fact he's from a large city like Chicago, and we all know people from urban areas aren't real Americans, just ask Sarah Palin and Patrice Lewis from "Rural Revolution."

I also believe you're right when it comes to liberals being more civilized. Show me the liberal equivalent of Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity and I'll eat my shoes.

And you're not kidding about having a woman president. If Hillary Clinton had been elected I think we'd be dealing with a lot more than jokes about pantsuits and cankles.

NOTE TO FUNDIES: People would take your predictions more seriously if you stopped lying your fool heads off all the time about everything.

OMG! Medicine is evil.

OMG! ObamaCare requires that everyone be microchipped.

OMG! Silent prayer has been banned at school.

OMG! Christians in America are being persecuted.

OMG! Obama is a secret Muslim.

OMG! Death panels. (And yet torture is a legit subject for public discourse.)

OMG! The ACLU is trying to have crosses removed from federal cemetaries.

...and on and on and on.

I think its true. Racists are inflamed that someone they see as born inferior is at a better station in life than them.

]

No no, you're wrong. Obama is the anti-Christ and by the end of his second term, the world will be in ruins and everyone will be sporting the numbers 666. :lol:

Note: I do think there are some people that seriously think he is the anti-christ. I don't, though, but still.

Usually I bristle when I see the N-word, but I know you are trying to make a salient point.

In some cases, I really do work to be offensive. This isn't one of those cases. The above is what I actually believe they want to say when the fundies and teabaggers spew all that nutty crap.

They want more than anything to just bust out with, "Why should that spear-chucker be in the Whitehouse when I'm not?" All this horseshit about Obama's plans and his birth certificate and so on are just smoke and mirrors to deflect their super-obvious racism.

I dare you:

obama_monkey.jpg

...or...

obama-anti-semite.jpg

...or - and it doesn't get more obvious than this...

obama-meme-generator-i-m-not-a-nigger-i-m-a-sand-nigger-cbabb6.jpg

I think perhaps many of you were not aware of the far right of the Conservatives back when Clinton was President. I don't honestly see more hatred of Obama than I saw of Clinton before him. Afterall, there was a Conservative effort through his ENTIRE presidency to have him removed from office and the best they managed to accomplish was to pull out the cigars of impeachment.

They mostly focus on the illegetimacy of Obama's presidency versus trying to have him impeached, prosecuted and thrown into jail as they did Bill.

In some cases, I really do work to be offensive. This isn't one of those cases. The above is what I actually believe they want to say when the fundies and teabaggers spew all that nutty crap.

They want more than anything to just bust out with, "Why should that spear-chucker be in the Whitehouse when I'm not?" All this horseshit about Obama's plans and his birth certificate and so on are just smoke and mirrors to deflect their super-obvious racism.

I dare you:

obama_monkey.jpg

...or...

obama-anti-semite.jpg

...or - and it doesn't get more obvious than this...

obama-meme-generator-i-m-not-a-nigger-i-m-a-sand-nigger-cbabb6.jpg

I just threw up in my mouth.

And when this disgusting display of bigotry and racism rears its ugly head, do conservative overlords ever call these people out on their shit? I don't think so. I haven't seen much evidence of it.

When we had protests against Governor Walker due to his wanting to cut collective bargaining for public workers, a Democratic State Senator called Walker Hitler on her Twitter feed. A local media figure, who identifies herself as a liberal, went on the local news to decry this state senator. And later the state senator apologized for her rude tweet.

I think perhaps many of you were not aware of the far right of the Conservatives back when Clinton was President. I don't honestly see more hatred of Obama than I saw of Clinton before him. Afterall, there was a Conservative effort through his ENTIRE presidency to have him removed from office and the best they managed to accomplish was to pull out the cigars of impeachment.

They mostly focus on the illegetimacy of Obama's presidency versus trying to have him impeached, prosecuted and thrown into jail as they did Bill.

It seems a lot more mainstream and out there with Obama than it did with Clinton. Maybe it's the internet, but I don't think so. Nobody got together and formed an extreme conservative Tea Party when he was elected, or continually called him racist names, though he did get called a redneck. I have seen calls to impeach and prosecute Obama, I've also seen a lot of offensive stuff, and then the lies, lies, lies. I got unfriended for disagreeing with a college classmate's posts one too many times recently. (he keeps posting the posts about "Obama phones" and I keep pointing out that free cells were given out during Bush's time in office too.)

It seems a lot more mainstream and out there with Obama than it did with Clinton. Maybe it's the internet, but I don't think so. Nobody got together and formed an extreme conservative Tea Party when he was elected, or continually called him racist names, though he did get called a redneck. I have seen calls to impeach and prosecute Obama, I've also seen a lot of offensive stuff, and then the lies, lies, lies. I got unfriended for disagreeing with a college classmate's posts one too many times recently. (he keeps posting the posts about "Obama phones" and I keep pointing out that free cells were given out during Bush's time in office too.)

You both bring up good points.

Obviously you guys didn't get the memo. Obama is the devil. He wants to take away all our rights, confiscate all the guns, and abolish the first amendment. He's also planning to make being gay mandatory for everyone. And he's a Muslim terrorist. And he is the reincarnation of Hitler. Glad we got that cleared up.

:lol:

You forgot He also wants to abort all the babies and give us all free phones and food stamps.

Yes, they did form a political group against Clinton. The Moral Majority led the campaign to take Republican control of Congress since they couldn't get Clinton himself out of office. Clinton was routinely called the anti-Christ and accused of being Putin's boy toy. Gosh, I cannot even remember all of it. I was living in a Christian dorm when Clinton was re-elected the second time and the stuff that I remember from the Conservatives and their character assassinations of Clinton really do make the stuff about Obama pale in comparision.

I DO think the anti-Obama hatred is more mainstream. I think the racists have found a common ground with the right wing teabaggers and thus both feel more comfortable standing in public and saying what they say. I think with Clinton, they felt the need to at least have two in fellowship together before they opened their mouths and now they feel such kinship that they just assume if they open their mouths and spout off racism and hatred that someone WILL speak up to fellowship with them.

But then, the Aryan Nation and other white supremist groups have always claimed they were racist because Christian religion demands it. KKK was formed by good, God-fearing Southern gentlemen to stop those carpet baggers and their negroid conspirators dontcha know!

Yes, they did form a political group against Clinton. The Moral Majority led the campaign to take Republican control of Congress since they couldn't get Clinton himself out of office. Clinton was routinely called the anti-Christ and accused of being Putin's boy toy. Gosh, I cannot even remember all of it. I was living in a Christian dorm when Clinton was re-elected the second time and the stuff that I remember from the Conservatives and their character assassinations of Clinton really do make the stuff about Obama pale in comparision.

I DO think the anti-Obama hatred is more mainstream. I think the racists have found a common ground with the right wing teabaggers and thus both feel more comfortable standing in public and saying what they say. I think with Clinton, they felt the need to at least have two in fellowship together before they opened their mouths and now they feel such kinship that they just assume if they open their mouths and spout off racism and hatred that someone WILL speak up to fellowship with them.

But then, the Aryan Nation and other white supremist groups have always claimed they were racist because Christian religion demands it. KKK was formed by good, God-fearing Southern gentlemen to stop those carpet baggers and their negroid conspirators dontcha know!

One thing I remember about the Clinton years is the rise of Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, Matt Drudge, Michelle Malkin, Worldnet Daily, Dr. Laura, etc.

I do remember a lot of dislike of Clinton as a president,but not as a human being. You can be against a persons policies and leadership without the vitriol directed at them as a person. It seems very personal to me in a way I don't recall with Clinton, and I believe that, consciously or not, it is racial. Obama is easier to see as foreign, other, not like us. This makes it easier to dehumanize him.

Obama is easier to see as foreign, other, not like us. This makes it easier to dehumanize him.

I agree. My husband says it's just racist hatred but I think it's more complicated than that. There's a segment of the Right that are xenophobes with a touch of racism. Obama is easy for them to dislike because of his politics anyways (i.e he's a Democrat from Chicago) but he also has a foreign sounding name and he's Not White. In other words, he's the Other. It makes it really easy for people to dislike him. I feel that this fear of the Other also manifests into the birther rumors. Since he's a "liberal" (haha), and he's Not White, and he's name is funny sounding, then he MUST BE A FOREIGNER. Yeah, as crazy as that logic is...it works for some people. It's easier to hate someone whose name sounds weird and don't look like you than to hate on John Smith whose ancestors can be traced back to the MayFlower.

I think homeschooling should have some regulations, to make sure people are actually giving their children a decent education, although I am not sure whether banning homeschooling is a good idea, as some people homeschool for non religious reasons-like that their kid has a disability, or is way above other children their age and not challenged enough at school, or because theyre getting really badly bullied.

I agree-there needs to be some accountability/proof that the home-schooled students are progressing. Several years ago,there was a family whose children were supposed to have been home schooled. I don't know what was going on, but somehow, it was discovered the children were about 5 years behind their public schooled, private schooled and other home schooled peers. An aunt and uncle were given 'educational custody' and took the children to school.

I know several families that home school and the children do very well.

I do remember a lot of dislike of Clinton as a president,but not as a human being. You can be against a persons policies and leadership without the vitriol directed at them as a person. It seems very personal to me in a way I don't recall with Clinton, and I believe that, consciously or not, it is racial. Obama is easier to see as foreign, other, not like us. This makes it easier to dehumanize him.

I think trying to impeach him over a sexual infidelity is about as personal as it gets.

I can not imagine the facebook screeds if the Monica Lewinsky thing was going on today :shock: Although at least they would probably be funny.

Archived