IGNORED

Munah's Cupcake had her baby... insane name

Emme

What they went through is horrible and I would not wish it on anyone.

Yes, this was a late term abortion. The anti-choices make LTA into a horror show with their propaganda. But, in reality, what this couple went through is what really does need to be allowed to preserve women's right to their bodies and also to their emotional health.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These people make me kind of sad and angry. Dad obviously has some sort of schizoaffective thing going on. My brother was a schizophrenic and when I read his post about how he (the dad) became a christian, it was like something he would've written when he stopped his meds. The voices, both good and evil, the persecution complex, the belief that his life is being slowly pulled apart by unseen forces and that he can correct it all with a single action (in this case Christianity/Jesus), the false sense of superiority and grandiosity when fully engaged with his delusions, it's all there. I don't know for sure if this is the case, but it seems so.

Also disturbing is the fact that they have effectively ceased contact with all of their friends and family who aren't believers. My brother did this as well. If you don't tow the line of delusion, you're out. He did it umpteen times during the course of his illness, and towards the end, he had alienated even his wife and children. It's an exceptionally lonely illness. I really hope dude gets some professional help. You don't treat mental illness with Jesus.

I can't even snark on them, sadly, although they are a goldmine.

What they went through is horrible and I would not wish it on anyone.

Yes, this was a late term abortion. The anti-choices make LTA into a horror show with their propaganda. But, in reality, what this couple went through is what really does need to be allowed to preserve women's right to their bodies and also to their emotional health.

Ash, but you are forgetting that it's a black and white scenario. None of these nasty shades of grey thanks.

Oh man. They cray cray. This is from Emunah's story:

" It turns out that our nurse Amy was Jewish. I felt blessed to have one of God’s chosen people deliver her. I tried and tried to explain who Jesus was to Amy during our visits there. I told her that her and I believed in the same God. I asked her if she believed in and followed the Ten Commandments. She said she tried to. I asked her if she’d ever told a lie. She admitted she had, so I asked how she would be forgiven for breaking God’s law without making a blood sacrifice. I tried to explain to her that Jesus was that Sacrifice and that He had done that for her and that if she would believe in Him and repent she would be forgiven of her sins and saved from Hell. But of course Satan would interrupt and get her out of the room through a phone call or another patient’s needs. I pray for her salvation and ask that as you read this you ask Jesus to knock on Amy’s heart, she was such a wonderful help to us."

can you imagine being that nurse? I'd just be "WTFing Hell?? LEAVE ME ALONE"

That's just awful. Yeah, Satan was tricking her by having her do her job in a hospital.

Also: JESUS WAS A FLIPPING JEW.

Good grief, they make Big Bear sound like some backwater town. It's the home of 2 of southern CA's premier ski areas, winter sports are on going (more snow on the way) and in the summer it's a resort town full of tourists there to enjoy the summer with boating, mountain biking and camping. It's been in the news the last few weeks because of the cop killer Christopher Dorner made his last stand in the area.

Loma Linda University is down the hill with a huge research and teaching hospital. IT's not like they are in the middle of the Australian Outback.

These people are way beyond the fringe.

Scary.

:roll:

I think these people are mentally ill.

I spent quite awhile reading his account of how he found Jesus and there is no doubt in my mind he has schizophrenia, like ppl already mentioned. My bil has schizophrenia and he could have written most of that, just with robots instead of demons. The part about ppl hearing his thoughts and getting angry at him screams paranoid delusion.

That's just awful. Yeah, Satan was tricking her by having her do her job in a hospital.

Also: JESUS WAS A FLIPPING JEW.

So, he was glad she was one of God's Chosen People - but immediately tried to convert her into a Christian, i.e. NOT one of God's Chosen?

I think these people are mentally ill.

I don't think she is. I think she's just bought into wifely submission to keep her family together and convinced herself that he's spiritual, not crazy.

She had left him when he was going through his psychiatric breakdown, hearing voices, thinking that others could hear his thoughts etc.

She came back and converted after he found Jesus and rationalised his delusions. I think she was also desperate for a way to rationalise them and took the out that was offered - it's much easier to accept that the man you love and the father of your children is a spiritual man with a close relationship to god than it is to accept that he has a severe mental illness that he has no intention of ever treating.

^^ jeez _lilith that sounds too much like an inside out, upside down version of our Sparkling friend for comfort. If this lot suddenly hit the road in a truck to preach I'm going to be very, very concerned.

I don't think she is. I think she's just bought into wifely submission to keep her family together and convinced herself that he's spiritual, not crazy.

She had left him when he was going through his psychiatric breakdown, hearing voices, thinking that others could hear his thoughts etc.

She came back and converted after he found Jesus and rationalised his delusions. I think she was also desperate for a way to rationalise them and took the out that was offered - it's much easier to accept that the man you love and the father of your children is a spiritual man with a close relationship to god than it is to accept that he has a severe mental illness that he has no intention of ever treating.

Couldn't agree with this more.

According to the "Munah's Story" page (munahscupcake.com/emunahs-story/), 27 weeks.

Now that's some shitty writing. :o

Wow. Just read that story, and horrible as it sounds, my first thought is "This person is responsible for a child?"

RIGHT!?

I don't get changing the spelling of poor little Samhain's name.....it is pronounced "sahwin" anyway. so I'm curious, did they get tired of correcting people's pronunciation "No, no, it's not Sam-hane!" or were they originally pronouncing it wrong and thought that they were changing the kids name?

Makes a good exclamation though. "What in the Sam HAIN is going on around here??"

eta that "Carbon Black" would make an awesome new character for Raquel's Western.

Spurs clinking, Carbon Black sauntered into the saloon, squinting his eyes dangerously the better to see past the sunlight filtering through the windows...

I like cerulean blue for the next one. On a serious note, schizophrenia has a pretty strong genetic component. I worry for the kids. Because you know they won't get treated. They'll just pray it away :pray:

I like cerulean blue for the next one. On a serious note, schizophrenia has a pretty strong genetic component. I worry for the kids. Because you know they won't get treated. They'll just pray it away :pray:

My ex husband's father was schizophrenic, and we went to genetic counselling before having children. We were told that schizophrenia is passed in the maternal line when there is a genetic component, so the cupcake kids should be fine.

I did not know that. You learn something new every day. Either way, I imagine it would not be too great for them growing up with all the untreated mental illness in that house. I think people with mental illness can be wonderful parents, if they are getting appropriate treatment, and the illness is well managed, which his clearly is not.

latest post : "Carbon is 3 weeks old today. In those 3 weeks, I have gotten dressed a whole 4 times (and just for half the day, if that!). Twice to go to the store, once to go visit a friend, and yesterday to go to Church. Yesterday was the 1st time getting back into a skirt. And I’m not feelin’ it at the moment. Maybe its hormones, maybe its because my body is not back to pre pregnancy, or maybe its because we just moved and I have a newborn. Or maybe its because I’m not working anymore and I don’t have a reason to dress up. Or maybe, just maybe I’m over wearing skirts………."

Oh noes! Straight to hell with you then if you aren't wearing a skirt.

My ex husband's father was schizophrenic, and we went to genetic counselling before having children. We were told that schizophrenia is passed in the maternal line when there is a genetic component, so the cupcake kids should be fine.

I'd never heard that before. My understanding is that having a parent with schizophrenia increases the kid's risk. Regardless of if it was mom or dad.

Archived