IGNORED

How to destory feminism according to the Norwegian Terrorist

lilah

excerpted from the fanatical writings of Anders Behring Breivik, who recently confessed to being responsible for the Norway killings:

1. Limit the distribution of birth-control pills (contraceptive pills): Discourage the use of and prevent liberal distribution of contraceptive pills or equivalent prevention methods. The goal should be to make it considerably more difficult to obtain. This alone should increase the fertility rate by 0,1 points but would degrade women's rights.

2. Reform sex education: Reform the current sex education in our school institutions. This may involve limiting it or at least delaying sex education to a later age and discourage casual sex. Sex should only be encouraged within the boundaries of marriage. This alone should increase the fertility rate by 0,1 points.

3. Making abortion illegal: A re-introduction of the ban on abortion should result in an increased fertility rate of approximately 0,1-0,2 points but would strip women of basic rights.

4. Women and education: Discourage women in general to strive for full time careers. This will involve certain sexist and discriminating policies but should increase the fertility rate by up to 0,1-0,2 points.

Women should not be encouraged by society/media to take anything above a bachelor's degree but should not be prevented from taking a master or PhD. Males on the other hand should obviously continue to be encouraged to take higher education - bachelor, master and PhD.

Sounds like your average American fundie's dream come true, except that everyone would be taking be college minus for everyone, do away with those degrees.

2. Reform sex education: Reform the current sex education in our school institutions. This may involve limiting it or at least delaying sex education to a later age and discourage casual sex. Sex should only be encouraged within the boundaries of marriage. This alone should increase the fertility rate by 0,1 points.

It sure increased the birth rate here in the US. Just ask Bristol Palin.

He sounds so much like some of the fundies that we cover that I wonder if he posted under a pseudonym on some of their sites.

You know what, restricting women's access to contraceptives is a good way to cut down on the sex you get. I know I'd be less likely to have sex if I couldn't guarantee I wouldn't get pregnant.

Furthermore, what gives men the right to decide what I do with my body? What gives them the right to decide what I put into my body? It's my body, not theirs. If I don't want to have umpteen million babies, then I have a right to prevent it.

But if they let you decide for yourself, you might not produce the necessary quantity of racially pure/Christian babies!

*anger*

weirdly it seems like it's a bad consequence that it would strip women of rights, like oh yeah it's essential right now... am I the only one getting this feeling?

Yeah, absolutely, Sophie. It's sad when a crazy right wing terrorist seems to have a slightly better sense of women's rights than your average crazy fundy here does. Not at all a defense of the terrorist, but he does at least seem aware of women's rights, even if he doesn't care much about them. A lot of fundies deny that these women's rights even exist in the first place.

Yeah, judging from that his goal was higher birth rates (white, non-Muslim birth rates), and he considered women's rights to be collateral damage. Destroying feminism wasn't one of his primary goals.

Archived