IGNORED

Criminal Minds

TheSassyOne

I did a search and didn't see a topic strictly for this show, so I hope it's okay that I made a topic.

I'm late to this show. I began watching reruns over the past two years on another cable station. Then I gave it up for six months because it was just too...depressing. No, worse than depressing, but I decided to step away for a bit. I just started watching again and catching the new shows on CBS.

Last night's show was incredible. I won't spoil it for anyone who watches and hasn't viewed it yet. But the actor who plays Spencer was incredible. Did I already use that description? :lol: He was so believable in his role, something I could believe in a real type Spencer's behavior. So sad, as all of the Criminal Mind shows are, regardless of an ending being good or bad.

Any one else catch any of these shows?

I did a search and didn't see a topic strictly for this show, so I hope it's okay that I made a topic.

I'm late to this show. I began watching reruns over the past two years on another cable station. Then I gave it up for six months because it was just too...depressing. No, worse than depressing, but I decided to step away for a bit. I just started watching again and catching the new shows on CBS.

Last night's show was incredible. I won't spoil it for anyone who watches and hasn't viewed it yet. But the actor who plays Spencer was incredible. Did I already use that description? :lol: He was so believable in his role, something I could believe in a real type Spencer's behavior. So sad, as all of the Criminal Mind shows are, regardless of an ending being good or bad.

Any one else catch any of these shows?

I really like this show but sometimes I don't want to admit to it because then people think I'm a sociopath or something-path. Come to think of it, I really don't know why I like this show, it is depressing and it sickens me that sadly there are people like that for-real. I didn't watch this week's episode but I DVR'd it and I do remember the preview so I'm sure it was a good episode. I would've watched but I was busy keeping up with the FJ drama :D

I LOVE Reid. So much so that it took eleventy tries for me to spell love correctly. He is 90% of the reason I watch this show and has filled the Zach (from Bones) sized hole in my life. I thought it was a really good episode and very interesting to see that new side to Reid. I also liked that the one woman who was not Mave (so as to not give anyone away) was played by the same actress who played Georgina in Gossip Girl. I really like her as an actress. So yes, good episode. The show is good, but sometimes far too gruesome for my taste. When gross things happen I just turn the volume off and look away. I have to keep watching, for Reid <3

I love Criminal Minds. I've watched every episode. I miss Paget on the show though.

As for this weeks episode, I was shocked at the outcome! Not how I would have expected the episode to end. I think they could have played on the storyline for quite a while ya know...

I love Criminal Minds. I've watched every episode. I miss Paget on the show though.

As for this weeks episode, I was shocked at the outcome! Not how I would have expected the episode to end. I think they could have played on the storyline for quite a while ya know...

Supposedly the storyline (for the rest of the season) is going to be the reaction to the ending, at least in part- they still have other cases to deal with.

Criminal Minds is one of my absolute favorite shows. Yes, the crimes are really sick and sad sometimes. Really, though, it's the main characters that make the show so much better than a lot of shows of the same ilk. I feel that they fleshed out the members of the BAU, so that they are very likeable and you care about them. Dr. Reid is so endearing to me. I also loved Jason Gideon, who was sadly, only on for the first two seasons. He was so kind and fatherly, especially to Reid. I think the only characters I haven't liked have been Erin Strauss (whom you're supposed to hate) and Fake JJ from season 6.

I just caught the latest Criminal Minds episode this afternoon. Although the stories are often gruesome and bother me, I love the characters. Spencer was fantastic in this episode, and I do love Garcia - wish I could work a computer 1/10 of her ability...

I do love Garcia - wish I could work a computer 1/10 of her ability...

How can you not love Garcia? I remember her tirade at not-Buffy's Xander (I can never remember his name) was made of all kinds of win. She threatened, if he messed with her, to unleash a virus or worm or something on his machine that would make its processing plummet to somewhere between a Commodore 64 and a block of government cheese.

Even in the dream sequence she was awesome. "I pronounce you smart and...smarter."

I wished they'd stop the angst time for Reid. Seriously. It's an annoying trope that these writers seemed to love-girlfriends in the freezer. First Gideon, then Hotch, then Rossi and now zuzawang.

I agree Merrily - it's so mean! At least JJ's husband is alive and well ;)

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the unsubs methods of torture/murder etc can't get any sicker or more twisted and then they do? I can't watch it sometimes, I mean I know it's fake but seems so real....like the one where the guy used acid on the victims' senses or the more recent one where he turned her into a puppet *shudders*

I think it's to appeal to the more morbid watchers, or as a shock factor. But it gets old really quickly. The only episode that was realistically creepy (to me) was 'Lucky'

What happened in that one? Sorry I can never remember the names of the episodes!

Reid's girlfriend was killed by her stalker, who PLOT TWIST! happened to be a woman. In all seriousness, I hated how their relationship was rushed. We never really knew Maeve until she was killed.

I wished they'd stop the angst time for Reid. Seriously. It's an annoying trope that these writers seemed to love-girlfriends in the freezer. First Gideon, then Hotch, then Rossi and now zuzawang.

It's not just the guys, though. J.J.'s hubby nearly bought it too...on more than one occasion, I think.

Merrily - the one you described was "Zugzwang" wasn't it? The one that aired last week? Yeah but I was really gutted about Maeve and Reid's relationship - like it was a great storyline but I wanted them to be happy and ride off into the sunset....But yeah the scriptwriters do have a tendency to kill off/endanger the lives of the team and their love-interests a lot :/

• 2 weeks later...

I like Joe Montegna so wanted to watch it but the first episode I caught was about Roma gypsies who break into people's houses in the middle of the night, kill the parents by slitting their throats and take their pre-adolescent daughters as husbands for the boys. There was a lot of sincere talk about how this is the Roma culture. Haven't watched it since.

Nope, they are still airing new episodes. I don't remember seeing the episode about the Roma.

About this week's episode: HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE!?!?!?! Why are you going into a dark basement without turning on the lights when you only have a flashlight when there is a girl in the house you don't entirely trust and feels very off to you then turn your back on the only entrance! I mean, really. You would think the FBI would instil a little more common sense in these people.

Nope, they are still airing new episodes. I don't remember seeing the episode about the Roma.

About this week's episode: HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE!?!?!?! Why are you going into a dark basement without turning on the lights when you only have a flashlight when there is a girl in the house you don't entirely trust and feels very off to you then turn your back on the only entrance! I mean, really. You would think the FBI would instil a little more common sense in these people.

The Roma one was several series back.

I haven't been able to see this week's episode as there are no links I can watch in the UK. Oh I hate ones like that, you know shit is gonna go down when they go into a dark room/basement/alley! Okay now I'm scared to watch it!

The Roma one was several series back.

I haven't been able to see this week's episode as there are no links I can watch in the UK. Oh I hate ones like that, you know shit is gonna go down when they go into a dark room/basement/alley! Okay now I'm scared to watch it!

I think they usually put the episode up on CBS.com the day after it airs in the US. I don't know if they block viewing outside of the US, though.

You can't watch stuff on American network websites if you're out of the US. It's really annoying. Most stuff gets put on Canadian network sites so it's not too much of a problem up here but obviously the UK is different.

There are a lot of sites online where you can stream US shows if you're not in the US. You can also use a proxy to go to the US network sites and watch things.

There are a lot of sites online where you can stream US shows if you're not in the US. You can also use a proxy to go to the US network sites and watch things.

Thanks, I guess I'm just too impatient to wait until it arrives in the UK! Hoping they'll put some watchable links up on my go-to site soon.

Archived