IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures Blog

StarrieEyedKat

I agree, but it is creating a straw man. As far as I know nobody has claimed that this happened because they are nomadic - just that the best thing to do in the wake of the tragedy may be to settle somewhere so that the girls can get counselling and have some stability and so Lauren can have time and space to process her grief.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Lauren can't recognize this from the depths of her narcissism, but that article makes her sound like a fool. It is NOT flattering to her at all. And GOOD, because it shouldn't be.

"Exclusive: Mum speaks on bridge baby tragedy"

At last! Lauren gets to speak out fromthat wall of silence she's been trapped behin... wait up.

Yup, that article makes her look bad, and completely abnormal - not the nomadic thing, but the welcoming/missing her husband thing. If my husband ever killed one of our children, even if it was a complete accident like a car crash, I KNOW I would somehow blame him, if irrationally.

Nice work on the pic, thoughtful. :D

The woman is such an ASW. To be honest, I would have expected something a bit better from the AWW.

Yes. I'm not a lawyer but I used to be a legal secretary in a criminal law practice.

The blog posts will be admissible in part - the photos, David's videos, as evidence of where they were when. Lauren's actual words probably can't be used to prosecute David though - I'm pretty sure they would be eliminated as hearsay (but I'm not a lawyer and could well be wrong).

The police still have the laptop Lauren was using at the time of Elijah's death. The fact that they haven't returned it implies that they are using it's contents as evidence.

I've said it before, but Lauren is absolutely fucking insane to be continuing to blog (especially in such an intimate manner) in the lead up to David's trial.

How the fuck did I miss a mega thread involving a prosecution???? Damnit I pop in at the end of this and now I'm going to have to read the whole damn thing (tomorrow). :dance:

How the fuck did I miss a mega thread involving a prosecution???? Damnit I pop in at the end of this and now I'm going to have to read the whole damn thing (tomorrow). :dance:

I would love to hear your perspective. She has scrubbed her blog a fair bit since David's arrest though, and the police have the original laptop and unscrubbed version.

Do you know if the rules of evidence in the state where you practice are very different to those in QLD?

Oh good god..... Off to read it.

"she has long preferred a "free-range" approach, with lots of love and guidance, but few iron-clad rules. "

Depends on what your definition of "long" is I suppose. :?

Yeah, completely useless piece of fantasy propaganda.

Buzzard, you'll have to let us know how the Aussie legal system compares to the US legal system.

Oh FFS I remember this. I read the first 5 pages back in july then quit reading because it wasnt "fundie" enough... damnit! I dont suppose anyone has already done a summary???

I dont know in depth Us vs rest of world legal evidentiary stuff but I can see myself getting sucked in... I just dont have the time right now! International law fascinates me (Hell, Georgia law vs. NY law fascinates me...)

I'll try and hit the highlights after work tomorrow...

Oh FFS I remember this. I read the first 5 pages back in july then quit reading because it wasnt "fundie" enough... damnit! I dont suppose anyone has already done a summary???

I dont know in depth Us vs rest of world legal evidentiary stuff but I can see myself getting sucked in... I just dont have the time right now! International law fascinates me (Hell, Georgia law vs. NY law fascinates me...)

I'll try and hit the highlights after work tomorrow...

I can tell you that David has yet to be arraigned, is yet to plead, and is being held in a mental health treatment facility. He is due before the court again in March.

Maybe Currawong will be there!

There's a notice that there will be no fire twirling allowed this year. Sob.

I know that a lot of people have different standards than I do when it comes to nudity, but I can't imagine taking my four young daughters to a festival full of naked strangers.

Hopefully he doesn't have a herpes outbreak!

I'm tempted to buy this magazine & scan it for the good of FJ. I don't think that WW are up with the times & have an ipad edition of their mag.

It says exclusive. I think that would indicate she has been negotiating with several magazines wanting to buy her story. Its going to boost her blog readership & she would have a nice big cheque from WW too.

Guest Anonymous
Oh, my.

I couldn't resist that picture.

9S04YJa.jpg

Lord love a duck! :D

You are Devil of the Week for picking on that poor, beautiful, perfectly dreadlocked angel. :lol:

I'm tempted to buy this magazine & scan it for the good of FJ. I don't think that WW are up with the times & have an ipad edition of their mag.

It says exclusive. I think that would indicate she has been negotiating with several magazines wanting to buy her story. Its going to boost her blog readership & she would have a nice big cheque from WW too.

I'm pretty sure they do have an iPad edition, but I saw the latest at the supermarket this morning (before i knew it featured sparkling Lauren) and it comes with a very nice set of Crabtree and Evelyn hand creams. I'm tempted to buy it now.

You are Devil of the Week for picking on that poor, beautiful, perfectly dreadlocked angel. :lol:

Yes, love love love this. I wish I could use like button on Tapa.

Lauren's blog is a gold mine for creative FJers. I'm sure she could support a LOL Lauren thread.

I'm pretty sure they do have an iPad edition, but I saw the latest at the supermarket this morning (before i knew it featured sparkling Lauren) and it comes with a very nice set of Crabtree and Evelyn hand creams. I'm tempted to buy it now.

Coles or Woolies? I'm such a sucker for free stuff on magazines!

Coles or Woolies? I'm such a sucker for free stuff on magazines!

Was at Coles, but it didn't say it was exclusive to Coles, so could be at newsagents too.

I love free stuff on magazines too - I'm still using amazing day cream I got free on Marie Claire, and I was looking for an excuse to buy the WW and couldn't convince myself. If I'd known it featured my favourite sparkling adventurer I would have bought it even without the freebie.

I'm not at all surprised that her blog wasn't included in the article. The last thing she would want or need, is mainstream women seeing what she's really about. Of course a quick google search of hers or David's name would point them in the right direction.

I also found it interesting that the intro to the article mentioned that Elijah's death was one of four similar off bridges for the year. That seems really strange to me.

Sadly there was a spate of parent/child bridge deaths that year. In one a dad threw his 2year old son off a bridge and jumped after him. Both died. In another a mum held her child and jumped. Both died. The third was a dad who threw his 4 year old daughter off a bridge while her siblings watched from their car. He then returned to the car and drove away.

Elijah was the fourth.

I'm not at all surprised that her blog wasn't included in the article. The last thing she would want or need, is mainstream women seeing what she's really about. Of course a quick google search of hers or David's name would point them in the right direction.

The Australian Women's Weekly is about as mainstream as you can get. It's target audience is women in their 30s to 70s, and it's been around for a long time, is pretty conservative, and has a high circulation. It's the only Australian women's monthly aimed at such a wide audience.

I think I'm going to buy it tomorrow. I want to read the Lauren article in full, it always has good recipes, and those hand creams are damn tempting.

Sadly there was a spate of parent/child bridge deaths that year. In one a dad threw his 2year old son off a bridge and jumped after him. Both died. In another a mum held her child and jumped. Both died. The third was a dad who threw his 4 year old daughter off a bridge while her siblings watched from their car. He then returned to the car and drove away.

Elijah was the fourth.

Yes, unfortunately in the last few years there has been a spate of fathers drowning their children in Australia. It is usually fathers unhappy with family court decisions drowning their children when they have access. I don't think David fits the usual profile.

Archived