IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures Blog

StarrieEyedKat

I'm with you on the suicide attempt. It will be interesting to see what comes out at trial.

On that note... are blog posts admissible evidence in a trial?

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On that note... are blog posts admissible evidence in a trial?

I'm not a lawyer, but I imagine it would depend on what you were trying to prove with them. I think we need an Australian lawyer to answer that.

Yeah, Id say narccistic personality disorder. I know someone who has it who acts like Lauren (other than that her children were taken away before she managed to kill any of them), with the way she sees her children as a reason for people to compliment her for but actually neglects them, wild mood swings, not coping with criticism and going from loving someone to hating them at the drop of a hat and the way she uses other people.

My mother had/has narcissistic personality disorder and this fits. To a mother with NPD, children are just props for further narcissistic feed. That's why she made a great fundie as long as we were young. Once we were older and could talk back and question things, then getting the fundie adoration for having many small children wasn't there and she dropped out.

And she's back. The first post doesn't offer much to snark on, except for the usual apparent lack of supervision for the kids, and the ubiquitous photo of water.

yawn

I'm not a lawyer, but I imagine it would depend on what you were trying to prove with them. I think we need an Australian lawyer to answer that.

Yes. I'm not a lawyer but I used to be a legal secretary in a criminal law practice.

The blog posts will be admissible in part - the photos, David's videos, as evidence of where they were when. Lauren's actual words probably can't be used to prosecute David though - I'm pretty sure they would be eliminated as hearsay (but I'm not a lawyer and could well be wrong).

The police still have the laptop Lauren was using at the time of Elijah's death. The fact that they haven't returned it implies that they are using it's contents as evidence.

I've said it before, but Lauren is absolutely fucking insane to be continuing to blog (especially in such an intimate manner) in the lead up to David's trial.

One might almost have to wonder if blogging is a passive aggressive way to make David pay for all of his betrayals, given how little filter Lauren uses in her blogging.

Does anyone know what this ConFest thing is she's going to go to in March? Their website is cryptic, and looks like the internet circa 1997. There are pictures from previous fests, the most recent being 2001. Many pictures feature muddy naked people.

It claims to be "An exciting social experiment entirely in your hands."

dte.org.au

Confest is basically drumming whilst naked.

Maybe Currawong will be there!

There's a notice that there will be no fire twirling allowed this year. Sob.

I know that a lot of people have different standards than I do when it comes to nudity, but I can't imagine taking my four young daughters to a festival full of naked strangers.

She'll be preparing blogs, we'll be treated to heaps all at once when she returns to civilisation.

She posted a blog back dated to 1/25 sometime during the last 24 hours.

Yes. I'm not a lawyer but I used to be a legal secretary in a criminal law practice.

The blog posts will be admissible in part - the photos, David's videos, as evidence of where they were when. Lauren's actual words probably can't be used to prosecute David though - I'm pretty sure they would be eliminated as hearsay (but I'm not a lawyer and could well be wrong).

The police still have the laptop Lauren was using at the time of Elijah's death. The fact that they haven't returned it implies that they are using it's contents as evidence.

I've said it before, but Lauren is absolutely fucking insane to be continuing to blog (especially in such an intimate manner) in the lead up to David's trial.

Thanks for that. I was wondering along the lines of her posts being used to defend rather than prosecute David - you know, to show she was depressed, unstable and detached, with him picking up all the slack and being under a great deal of pressure (not that that would excuse what he did, if he did it) etc. But that's just me thinking out loud.

Her friend Yvonne was smart enough to bring a giant floor mat/alphabet puzzle for the girls. Education, plus protection from the biting ants!

There are lots of pictures of other people doing cool things at the circus fest, but none of Lauren and her daughters. She says the 2 youngest mostly sat around the camp, Brioni tried to sell crocheted flowers, and Lauren would retreat to the camp if she was overwhelmed. There's next to nothing about Aisha, except that she did some shopping.

I'm not sure why she insists on attending all these gatherings when she doesn't seem to enjoy them very much.

For once, the girls look fairly clean, hair brushed and dressed appropriately. Given that she feels free to disappear because others are enteraining the children, I suspect others are also parenting the children for her.

For once, the girls look fairly clean, hair brushed and dressed appropriately. Given that she feels free to disappear because others are enteraining the children, I suspect others are also parenting the children for her.

I'm pretty sure that other is Yvonne.

aww.ninemsn.com.au/news/inthemag/8601096/exclusive-mum-speaks-on-bridge-baby-tragedy

Lauren has given an interview to a national women's magazine.

What a fucking puff piece, from the overly styled photo of an immaculately made up Lauren looking all wistful, to skipping over the realities of her lifestyle and describing her driving her colourful van from town to town. Saying the kids don't go to school, but not mentioning that they are entirely uneducated and are expected to self educate on iPads.... Saying that Elijah's death could have happened if they lived in a house is disingenuous, their lifestyle was a symptom of the dysfunction that led to his death. Lauren's usual sanctimonious talk about welcoming David home and being enlightened enough to forgive (unlike the unenlightened masses) but skipping over any question about what actually happened to Elijah and who is responsible.....

That article makes me angry.

And yes, before it's even asked, the Woman's Weekly would have paid for the interview. But Lauren lives in an economy of blessings and doesn't rely on anything so mundane and unsparkly as money....

She'd given birth to all four of her girls in hospital, but given that so much else about their lives had become unconventional, she decided to at least try to "free birth" their son.

She didn't "decide to at least try" to free birth Elijah. She very deliberately put herself in a position where she could not access medical care. There's a big difference.

From the article...

"She'd given birth to all four of her girls in hospital, but given that so much else about their lives had become unconventional, she decided to at least try to "free birth" their son."

Aside from a passing reference of the flooded river, she didn't mention there was absolutely NO WAY she could have reached any kind of medical assistance if the birth had gone wrong... :eusa-naughty:

and I am surprised the article states that the girls cut their own hair etc.

I wonder if these interviews are now funding her sparkling lifestyle. She wouldn't be the first to be paid for interviews.

It wolkd be nice if this extra publicity led to more interest being taken in her "parenting" - and I use the term loosely...as well as the welfare of these poor little lost girls.

ETA: because I am stupid :D

I just read the exclusive interview where she said almost nothing except that she wants David back and that an accident like this could have happened even if they were home (even though, Lauren it did happen when you were home). I worry that with the lack of supervision for the girls it will happen again. I also found it interesting that the intro to the article mentioned that Elijah's death was one of four similar off bridges for the year. That seems really strange to me.

I don't disagree with the part about how it could have happened even if they lived in a house. It's not clear to me if the nomadic lifestyle is a cause or symptom, and either way it was probably inevitable that something like this would have happened.

Archived