IGNORED

Little Dougie Phillips is busy making seminars again....

GenerationCedarchip

Ha Ha Ha, that loldoug was awesome.

The thought of Dougie and the Interns on a ship purposed me to re-write the theme from Gilligan's island:

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,

A tale of a manly foray

That started from a godly port

Aboard Doug’s mighty ship.

The mate was a mighty short man,

The interns brave and ripped.

They all set sail that day

For a three hour fellowship, a three hour fellowship.

The weather started getting rough,

Poor Dougie and the boys were tossed,

If not for the courage of the manly men

The douchbag would be lost, the douchbag would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle

With Dougie

The Interns too,

Geoff Botkins and his boys,

Kirk Cameron in all his toolness

Ray Comfort and Peter B,

Here on Dougie's Isle.

So this is the tale of the sweaty mens,

They're here for a long, long time,

They'll have to make the best of things,

If they all want to stay pure.

Well Dougie and the tool Kirk,

Will do their very best,

To make the interns comfortable

In the tropic island love nest.

No phone, no lights no ladies,

But full of temptation,

Like the Garden of Eden,

As primative as can be.

So join us here each week fellow snarkers,

You're sure to get a smile,

From the VF castways,

Here on "Dougie’s Isle."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha Ha Ha, that loldoug was awesome.

The thought of Dougie and the Interns on a ship purposed me to re-write the theme from Gilligan's island:

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,

A tale of a manly foray

That started from a godly port

Aboard Doug’s mighty ship.

The mate was a mighty short man,

The interns brave and ripped.

They all set sail that day

For a three hour fellowship, a three hour fellowship.

The weather started getting rough,

Poor Dougie and the boys were tossed,

If not for the courage of the manly men

The douchbag would be lost, the douchbag would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle

With Dougie

The Interns too,

Geoff Botkins and his boys,

Kirk Cameron in all his toolness

Ray Comfort and Peter B,

Here on Dougie's Isle.

So this is the tale of the sweaty mens,

They're here for a long, long time,

They'll have to make the best of things,

If they all want to stay pure.

Well Dougie and the tool Kirk,

Will do their very best,

To make the interns comfortable

In the tropic island love nest.

No phone, no lights no ladies,

But full of temptation,

Like the Garden of Eden,

As primative as can be.

So join us here each week fellow snarkers,

You're sure to get a smile,

From the VF castways,

Here on "Dougie’s Isle."

I think this is my favorite thread on the whole board!!! :clap:

I won't repost the whole song but brilliant, twin2! :clap: :clap: :clap:

twin2! Shame on you! If you haven't anything nice to say about Dougie then you just come sit by me. :lol:

Ok, I bit and googled "The Christian Boys' and Men's Titanic Society". Guess who is president and founder.

Dear Visitor,

Welcome to the Christian Boys’ & Men’s Titanic Society. The Society, a project of Vision Forum Ministries, is devoted to portraying the story of the Titanic as it really happened. We stand for the proposition that the strong must sacrifice for the weak, that greater love hath no man than he lay down his life for another, and to the enduring legacy of those men who died that women and children might live.

For more information, or if you are interested in receiving our E-mail newsletter, please Click Here to Contact Us

We’re pleased to bring you this Web site. Enjoy it.

Sincerely,

Doug Phillips

President, CBMTS

Is there anything in history this tool won't usurp to make money?!

titanicsociety.com/society/

Ok, I bit and googled "The Christian Boys' and Men's Titanic Society". Guess who is president and founder.

And what about all those women and children in steerage that were locked down there and drowned? None of those upper class men even tried to help those women and children because they were thought of being less than first and second class women and children because they were poor or couldn't speak english. Those same men* if there had been enough life boats would have gladly went into the lifeboats before worrying about the poor steerage innocents.

* Maybe not all but a majority might have tried it.

You know, if someone asked me to use the Titanic disaster to teach a lesson in ethics, I'd focus on things that might have prevented the disaster or reduced the number of deaths. But not Dougie!

Yep. The survival rate of children in 3rd class on the Titanic was about 1/3 - the same as that of men in first class. That was not the fault of first class men - but indeed most passengers in 3rd class were locked there until all the lifeboats had left. There were a significant number of exceptions of course - but overall the numbers of victims from steerage are sobering.

That's not to say there weren't many, many incredible stories of heroism that took place that night. But as usual Dougie tries to simplify history and portray it according to his own uneducated view, conveniently overlooking the issues of class and race and social convention that became clear afterward. And to call it a celebration has obviously already offended quite a few people, according to the fb page!

And to call it a celebration has obviously already offended quite a few people, according to the fb page!

Do you have a link because there are lots of VF facebook pages.

Guest Anonymous

And for Dougie's next re-enactment, he's going to do The Donner Party: The Lean Years

I had never heard of this Christian Boys' & Men's Titanic Society before. As a Titanic history buff I had to see what this was about. On their front page is this opening statement:

"The Christian Boys’ & Men’s Titanic Society, a project of Vision Forum Ministries, is devoted to portraying the story of the Titanic as it really happened. We stand for the proposition that the strong must sacrifice for the weak, that greater love hath no man than he lay down his life for another, and to the enduring legacy of those men who died that women and children might live."

Except, of course, for the third class women and children . . . .

Why is everything on that Christian Boys and Mens Titanic site so old? Articles from 2004, last "celebration" appears to have been in 2008.

" . . . . as it really happened" as if there is some big untold secret VF is unveiling for us. What egomaniacs these people are! A "celebration" of 1500 people drowning/freezing to death in the north Atlantic in the middle of the night?!

I don't like these people.

Do you have a link because there are lots of VF facebook pages.

facebookDOTcom/ visionforum

It's on the Wall and you need to scroll some way down to see it. I didn't know there were lots of VF facebook pages, but that was the first one I found. Quite a few other snark-worthy videos are advertised there too. There are various comments on the Titanic post.

Guest Anonymous

Here's the post by Vision Forum followed by the comments. I removed the names.

Vision Forum

Vision Forum Ministries and the Christian Boys' and Men's Titanic Society is preparing for a whopper of a celebration for next year's 100th Anniversary Celebration of the Sinking of the Titanic and the continued importance of the doctrine of "women and children first."

not sure that "celebration" is the best word...maybe remembrance would be better. My son would love to go to this! He is very interested in the history of the Titanic.

Is it really being referred to as a "celebration" rather than an "observance" or "memorial?"

yeah, my thoughts exactly, celebration is not the right word here lol

I think the idea here is to celebrate the heroes who gave their lives so that others might live !!!

Ah, I see! Well, the heroes are definitely worth celebrating. Maybe they could call it 100th Anniversary Celebration of the Heroes of the Titanic Disaster, or something like that...

So the loss of 1500 lives is something to celebrate?

in this organisation's estimation, apparently so...

But you can buy a Nan Harper doll and book about her!

. Although her father would perish on the fateful night of its sinking, Nan would later learn that her father was leading men to Christ, even as they froze together in the North Atlantic ice fields. Nan lived and purposed to perpetuate her father’s legacy of Gospel devotion and personal evangelism

I don't see the doll available right now, but I am certain they will bring her back. The dolls are for the low, low price of $75.00. The dress is only $19.00!!! Though Lady Lydia could make one for an adult for less than that, Vision Forum's is more Godly. It's pink! With ribbon roses!!! And there's a book!

The way these people profit off the deaths of others makes me sick.

I believe this may be the one that was meant:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Vision ... 5655284804

Yesterday someone had some criticisms up there, but they're gone now. Also, I'm intrigued by that post that appeared up top. Could they be referring to us?

"We are aware of this egregious site.."

Aware?!? Come on, Dougie and interns, we know you effing camp out here, that is when you're not busy hunting andacondas or making money off other people's misfortunes, like the Titanic.

We're egregious?

They sell Titanic toys.

If there were a contest for who is the more egregious, they'd win every time. There isn't a single misfortune bad enough - the Titanic, WW II - that Doug and his boot-liking sycophants won't find some way to profit by it. (I'm surprised they haven't had a "Providence in the Holocaust" webinar yet - or maybe they have, but they only advertised it to those who've proven their Christian bona fides by purchasing a tonne of other VF garbage.)

And when those taps aren't flowing for some reason, Doug and company just make merchandise of the Gospel to keep them in the lifestyle to which they're accustomed.

I'm sure there are some people out there with the right to call us out, but Diamond Doug Phillips isn't one of them by any stretch.

I believe this may be the one that was meant:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Vision ... 5655284804

Yesterday someone had some criticisms up there, but they're gone now. Also, I'm intrigued by that post that appeared up top. Could they be referring to us?

I saw that comment last week. I went searching back at the yuku board to see if anything was going down on FJ about that time. Sure enough, the date of the initial post corresponded to a little thread (or 3) we had going about a person named Emma. So yeah, I'm pretty sure its about us.

Celebration?? And NOBODY thought this through? And we're egregious. Whatever, Dougie.

Celebration?? And NOBODY thought this through? And we're egregious. Whatever, Dougie.

Apparently none of this years crop of VF interns made the honor roll at TSOTDRT.

Archived