IGNORED

White people mourning Romney.

Sumeri

This may be the best thing I've seen since he lost. I've been LOOKING for a site like this.

Is it bad that this is making me cackle with glee?

I would feel bad if so many republicans hadn't been total jerks about Obama winning...

Well I only lasted a bit over 2 minutes listening to that rant.

The republicans show that they have zero grasp of social media. Obama and the Dems proved that the could use social media successfully and combine it with a boots on the ground campaign. I did some testing locally here in my blue state. I was registered to vote republican and sent an email to my local R's volunteering. I never got a call, I've had years of community organizing experience and the ability to do knock and talks. I got one email from them asking me to show up at a flag waving demonstration across the street from my towns nightly peace vigil. Oh I went to town that night, there were five folks waving flags, all older than me, all white males. The peace team was made up of people of color, caucasians did not dominate. Women and men of all ages were present.

So I volunteered to work the Obama campaign. In my blue state it was a given he would win. But my local organizers valued my talent, and rather than waste me knocking on doors confirming that the Dems were truly going to vote blue, they provided me with 3 track phones and call lists. So I spent time calling swing state voters, undecided voters in the states that mattered.

And now the white folk are mourning their loss. I wonder how long they will be sitting shiva ?

The republicans show that they have zero grasp of social media. Obama and the Dems proved that the could use social media successfully and combine it with a boots on the ground campaign. I did some testing locally here in my blue state. I was registered to vote republican and sent an email to my local R's volunteering. I never got a call, I've had years of community organizing experience and the ability to do knock and talks. I got one email from them asking me to show up at a flag waving demonstration across the street from my towns nightly peace vigil. Oh I went to town that night, there were five folks waving flags, all older than me, all white males. The peace team was made up of people of color, caucasians did not dominate. Women and men of all ages were present.

So I volunteered to work the Obama campaign. In my blue state it was a given he would win. But my local organizers valued my talent, and rather than waste me knocking on doors confirming that the Dems were truly going to vote blue, they provided me with 3 track phones and call lists. So I spent time calling swing state voters, undecided voters in the states that mattered.

And now the white folk are mourning their loss. I wonder how long they will be sitting shiva ?

At least until 2014 Congressional elections, when they can campaign on a butthurt platform (look at all the terrible things Obama's done since 2012). Alas, the Tea Party thing didn't pan out (many of them got voted out of office, one and done) so they'll have to come up with a new gimmick to get voters on their side.

As just pointed out on a leftie radio show, many Romney supporters only get their news from Fox, so they were believing that Romney was leading and Benghazi would seal Obama's fate as a one term president. An outsider wasn't surprised Romney lost, a Fox news viewer still can't figure out how it happened.

With regard to the Republicans' lack of facility with social media, I was mightily amused by their attempts to buy trending hashtags on Twitter during the debate. Every time they tried, the hashtags were turned around and used against them by Democrats who were better at being pithy in 140 characters.

The "this is the end of the world as we know it" posts are even more ridiculous than they were 4 years ago. Nothing that they consider so terrible happened since 2008, wouldn't that indicate that it's not going to happen during his second mandate either? No real reason to give up on having kids.

I was about to say that about the Obama campaign and the effectiveness of boots on the ground and social media. I did some phone banking, but I also canvassed and registered voters in North Carolina. I'm sorta shy, but I love canvassing! I saw none of that among the GOP. I saw some TV ads during which I always changed the station and I saw some yard signs, but as Obama says "Yard signs don't vote."

Thanks for posting this, it made me laugh. I am not shocked by the election results but I am shocked, at how shocked, sad and at times desperate republicans are by the results.

It's telling just how monochromatic these scenes are, and it speaks to the GOP's biggest problem. My watch party was uniformly 20-something, but among the 12 or so "youth voters" I had celebrating at my place, we were female and male, black, white, and Latina, gay, straight, bi, and trans, Jewish, Christian, and atheist, most in varying states of employment and studenthood. And four more years with President Obama is something that we can all be hopeful about.

The pictures of children just make me angry that their parents pulled them into this shit.

This one appealed to me, though -- am I cruel?

Wcs5v.jpg

ETA -- Sumeri, GMTA.

I may or may not have gotten tears in my eyes...

I did.

It reminds me of an incident I witnessed right after Obama was inaugurated the first time. I was in a restaurant that had an adjacent bar and Obama was giving a speech on TV. An African American boy about 11 was with his mother in a booth watching Obama with obvious pride. A group of white guys at the bar - who must have seen this little boy - started shouting things at the TV like "Go back to Africa." And "He should be president of the Planet of the Apes, not the United States". Awful, awful things. I couldn't stand it so I got up to leave and as I walked past the boy, I told him not to pay any attention to the jerks. He smiled and said, "I don't even hear them".

It made me both glad and sad that he could tune it out. Glad that he could ignore them, sad that he'd already had to learn how.

The UK Evening Standard reported tonight that 90% of Brits would have voted for Obama.

The remaining 10% being, I presume, don't knows and perhaps the odd loyal Mormon.

This from the Daily Mash (the UK's Onion):

"Obama thanks Romney for being such a penis"

"Backing rapists turns out to be terrible idea"

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/inte ... 2110747966

GOD has emphatically ignored the fervent prayers of idiots, allowing Barack Obama to be re-elected as President.

I did.

It reminds me of an incident I witnessed right after Obama was inaugurated the first time. I was in a restaurant that had an adjacent bar and Obama was giving a speech on TV. An African American boy about 11 was with his mother in a booth watching Obama with obvious pride. A group of white guys at the bar - who must have seen this little boy - started shouting things at the TV like "Go back to Africa." And "He should be president of the Planet of the Apes, not the United States". Awful, awful things. I couldn't stand it so I got up to leave and as I walked past the boy, I told him not to pay any attention to the jerks. He smiled and said, "I don't even hear them".

It made me both glad and sad that he could tune it out. Glad that he could ignore them, sad that he'd already had to learn how.

Did you tell them why you were leaving? Any decent restaurant should have dealt with the racist comments.

Glenn Beck, a white person mourning Romney, comes to the conclusion that "sometimes God really sucks": http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/07/beck-on-romneys-loss-man-sometimes-god-really-sucks/

Otherwise known as, Glenn Beck remains convinced that God is speaking to him, but he has no idea whatsoever God is trying to say.

Tide comes in, tide goes out, black guy gets elected, black guy gets re-elected. Never a miscommunication. He can't explain that.

:D

Well, that was 2 minutes longer than I did. The woman sounded like an angry drunk.

The "I haz a sad" avatar of Eddie Munster, oops, I mean Paul Ryan cracks my shit up.

And on behalf of Wisconsin I want to apologize for the douchenozzle known as Paul Ryan. Believe, me, most cheeseheads are pretty cool.

Archived