IGNORED

NYC Has Been Devastated by Hurrican Sandy...

GolightlyGrrl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As if lousewife wasn't bad enough, she's got a commenter dropping the r word and other equally douchey things. Grrrrrr

Beyond the hat – and for a long time – male college students have retreated into ill-fitting, large items of clothing (trousers or shorts, and shirts) which give an impression of soft bulk, physical awkwardness, and a lumbering, slow character. I often have the impression in observing them that, if they had wanted to dress themselves to resemble giant, retarded babies who can barely pull on their own trousers – well, they could hardly have done better. I believe that I prefer the male fashions of the 1970s, with their hippie-inspired flowery shirts and colorful bell-bottomed trousers. That was absurd, of course, but at least it was colorful and not drab; and while it could be pushed into the realm of bad taste, it was generally not ugly. When these sartorial traits combine, say, with the now-common shaved head, the effect is indistinguishable visually from imbecility.

The down-filled plastic overcoats that you remark likewise give the impression of a type of mental slowness that needs protection against itself, as though it could not avoid running constantly into sharp objects and had therefore to be preemptively swaddled.

Even if there hadn't been a hurricane...who the fuck cares what people wear. She talks about NYC as though they are Borg. One picture and OMGEVERYONEINNYCLOOKSLIKETHEYAREFROMCOMMUNISTRUSSIA!111

Get over yourself, Lousewife, you are a bell-end.

Dear lousewife,

I have a cousin who works in the fashion industry but lives in PA. I have never seen her dressed in anything less than high fashion no matter the time or place. As a matter of fact her clothing would probably be in line with how you think a female should dress. Her city had a suggested evacuation but not madatory and she decided to ride out the storm. The last message we got from her on Monday was that she was afraid one of the 100+ year old trees in her yard was going to fall and hit her house. Then it was silence. No facebook posts, no calls, no texts, nothing. Can your little mind even wrap itself around the fear that hit the family? It wasn't until Tuesday night that she was able to Skype me. She was in ill fitting borrowed clothes, swollen bloodshot eyes and a red snotty nose from crying and I don't think she has EVER been more beautiful. She lost her home, she lost her dog but she is alive.

So while you sit on your high horse and judge people from afar remember that real true beauty and value is more then the clothes you wear and the makeup you put on. True beauty and value is based on the life you lead and the people that care about you.

Oh and one more thing. Kindly go fuck off. Thanks!

As if lousewife wasn't bad enough, she's got a commenter dropping the r word and other equally douchey things. Grrrrrr

Wow, imagine wanting to wear a coat that can actually keep you warm! Also, most college student don't have the cash to spend on nice clothes...I shop (and still do) at consignment and thrift stores. Even though I can buy nice stuff thrifting, those items still cost more. I can get purchase Banana Republic pants thrifting for $15. or you can buy Old Navy for $3 as an example. In college when I worked several part time jobs and gave plasma, the $15 even then would have been out of reach.

Dear lousewife,

I have a cousin who works in the fashion industry but lives in PA. I have never seen her dressed in anything less than high fashion no matter the time or place. As a matter of fact her clothing would probably be in line with how you think a female should dress. Her city had a suggested evacuation but not madatory and she decided to ride out the storm. The last message we got from her on Monday was that she was afraid one of the 100+ year old trees in her yard was going to fall and hit her house. Then it was silence. No facebook posts, no calls, no texts, nothing. Can your little mind even wrap itself around the fear that hit the family? It wasn't until Tuesday night that she was able to Skype me. She was in ill fitting borrowed clothes, swollen bloodshot eyes and a red snotty nose from crying and I don't think she has EVER been more beautiful. She lost her home, she lost her dog but she is alive.

So while you sit on your high horse and judge people from afar remember that real true beauty and value is more then the clothes you wear and the makeup you put on. True beauty and value is based on the life you lead and the people that care about you.

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin's losses. :( Tell her the rest of the East Coast is with her in spirit.

Dear lousewife,

The Lousewife doesn't have the character to recognize inner beauty, which is one of the saddest things about the extreme fundies. They take innocent kids and beat the humanity out of them and replace it with nothing but hate, self-loathing and judgement towards anything that they perceive as "other." I'm so sorry about your cousin's losses, but she sounds like she is incredibly strong. I'm so happy that you are all safe and sending good vibes to your family and all who were impacted by the storm.

And, because it can't be said enough, Fuck you, Lousewife!

Thank you AreteJo and mkitten. She is most upset about her dog. Her fiance passed away suddenly last month and Butch (the dog) was the last thing he bought for her. He is chipped so we are holding out hope that he will turn up in an animal shelter and she can get him back again.

With all of the pain and destruction going on it makes me see red that someone feels like they can sit on their high horse and judge others for the clothes that they wear. FFS when you are trying to survive the thought of matching your shoes with your handbag doesn't even make the list.

This woman is nuts. I am in NJ. I have not had power since 8:30 Monday. I am going nuts & all this person cares about is how people r dressed!!

Archived