IGNORED

NYC Has Been Devastated by Hurrican Sandy...

GolightlyGrrl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea the day after the biggest storm in our nations history, and this person is critiquing the fashion sensibilities of those impacted. Deep she is not.

Guest Anonymous

Didn't a fundie say something similar about the victims of Katrina?

Is there a competition on to see who can be the biggest fuckwit? :think:

Didn't a fundie say something similar about the victims of Katrina?

Is there a competition on to see who can be the biggest fuckwit? :think:

That would be Lady Lydia, who condemned women fleeing from Katrina for wearing shorts and t-shirts.

A major storm just hit and the bitch cares more about how people are dressed? Up yours Lousewife! :obscene-birdiered:

Because people who have lost homes and possessions due to a hurricane, and are likely without power are going to make their wardrobes their top priority. After all, being aesthetically pleasing to others is way more important than pesky little things like comfort, heat, and food. :roll:

What the hell? The louse-wife has absolutely no shred of human decency. No one gives a flying fuck what New Yorkers are wearing right now, or what they have been wearing, or what they will be wearing. All the focus right now is on disaster recovery and she's focused on clothes? Shallow doesn't even begin to cover it,

That link almost made me postal. As in, could happily go cut a branch off the fallen oak tree by my window and shove it up her tailpipe postal. :evil: Bitch.

Oh, FFS. The fishwife and Kidist are the world masters at reading way too much into things. It can't be that people wear dark and neutral coats because they are flattering, seasonally appropriate for autumn, never really out of style, and match pretty much everything.

No. It's the DECLINE OF AMERICA. After all, no other city in the world has a lot of people in black coats.

The photo she is wanking about actually is quite nice considering it's in the immediate aftermath of a natural disaster. It shows a bustling, busy city. There are tourists and workers and young families out and about on a rainy day. It must suck to look at everything and only see bad stuff.

What the hell? The louse-wife has absolutely no shred of human decency. No one gives a flying fuck what New Yorkers are wearing right now, or what they have been wearing, or what they will be wearing. All the focus right now is on disaster recovery and she's focused on clothes? Shallow doesn't even begin to cover it,

I always find that fundies who criticize disaster victims of weather events such as tornadoes, Katrina, and Sandy for example as having a hideous "holier than thou" attitude problem. Because in their stunted little world, only godless heathens have this sort of thing happen.

This is where their real ugliness shows.

She's right. The people of New York and New Jersey should definitely take off their warm jackets and jeans and change into frumpers. That would immediately make them happier and safe.

I wonder how many thousands of people are on medication because they are depressed by their own clothes and their ugly, hostile environments, surrounded as they are by impersonal denim, sneakers with tire treads, plastic-covered down jackets, billboards with oppressive smiles, and the austere, chilling cliffs of modern skyscrapers.

Obviously, she's never been to NYC. It's the city of the fashionistas. I'm always amazed by people attire. I'm sensing a bit of resentment?

Sadly, she disabled comments. People lost their lives and homes and people's livelihoods are threatened. I haven't been able to get to work since Monday, and who knows when it's possible to with the damage to the MTA system. The last thing people are concerned about is attire.

Obviously, she has never been to NYC. I go all the time. Most Nyers dress nicely and appropriately. There is a commandment about not bearing false whiteness about your neighbor. She is breaking it. :naughty:

This woman is a fucking idiot. Is she serious? New York Fashion Week, 5th Ave, I babysat for women in NYC who are not religious, but are kinder and more fashionable than lousey 100 times over!

Idiot. Here are a few things I should note as someone who lives in Chicago (def not the same as NYC, but I understand the mindset).

1) Most people don't have cars. In the fall/winter when the streets and sidewalks are wet/snowy and otherwise dirty, you wear darker colors so the dirt/wet does not show.

2) In the NYC business world (especially in finance...but outside of the fashion industry), the only acceptable colors to wear are blue, black and gray. I'm sure that the first thing employees want to do in this economic climate is rock the boat.

Where the hell does Laurence live? South Florida...there is so much dumb in this article I don't even know where to start. Ever since when did dark colors denote commies?

using the vacation photo and the after hurricane photos one big thing comes to mind. vacation photo is summer or at least in a warm environment plus it's from the 70's. After hurricane photos are in the mid fall, rainy day, and from now. There are huge differences in materials, colors and usage of those items along with the changes in colors that occur every year. You aren't going to wear light colors and light weight garments in a cold, rainy city where that chances of being splashed with a puddle are great.

I work in a design field and work with colors every day all day. i wear a lot of black because I don't feel the need to have it on my person. My college professor told us that it was common for those in our field to wear black or muted colors for that reason and so that clients focus on the design being offered instead of our clothing.

She's right. The people of New York and New Jersey should definitely take off their warm jackets and jeans and change into frumpers. That would immediately make them happier and safe.

My NJ family carried their polar fleece including PJ bottoms simply because they knew that textile would dry quickly. They were not concerned about fashion, merely survival, staying warm and dry. I seriously doubt that my cousin packed her lovely collection of silk mandarin collared shirts or her cashmere overcoat. I would suggest she packed and wore her outdoor gear.

My NJ family carried their polar fleece including PJ bottoms simply because they knew that textile would dry quickly. They were not concerned about fashion, merely survival, staying warm and dry. I seriously doubt that my cousin packed her lovely collection of silk mandarin collared shirts or her cashmere overcoat. I would suggest she packed and wore her outdoor gear.

The thing is Laurence could never find anything good to say. If they showed people working in the fashion industry in that photo he would criticize high fashion. Now he is criticizing people wearing overcoats because you know, it's cold outside.

Idiot. Here are a few things I should note as someone who lives in Chicago (def not the same as NYC, but I understand the mindset).

1) Most people don't have cars. In the fall/winter when the streets and sidewalks are wet/snowy and otherwise dirty, you wear darker colors so the dirt/wet does not show.

2) In the NYC business world (especially in finance...but outside of the fashion industry), the only acceptable colors to wear are blue, black and gray. I'm sure that the first thing employees want to do in this economic climate is rock the boat.

Where the hell does Laurence live? South Florida...there is so much dumb in this article I don't even know where to start. Ever since when did dark colors denote commies?

Spot on. I have several family members that commute into and out of Manhattan every day (expect this week). You wear darker colors in the fall and winter because getting dirty often comes with the commute. You also wear good commuting treads and carry your "office" shoes or keep them at work. Try switching trains and buses in red high heels.

Fuckitol, I'm off to buy my neon umbrella, trench and boots. Damn black, it's just too practical to be wearing when a huge storm is bearing down on your region.

Who's to know that midtown wouldn't be flooded out? What could the bitch say then? I guess Staten Island REALLY deserved it because they were wearing even MORE black.

Fuck the bastard.

I always find that fundies who criticize disaster victims of weather events such as tornadoes, Katrina, and Sandy for example as having a hideous "holier than thou" attitude problem. Because in their stunted little world, only godless heathens have this sort of thing happen.

This is where their real ugliness shows.

QFT! That pretty much sums up how they feel, and it show just how ugly they are on the inside.

This.

Spot on. I have several family members that commute into and out of Manhattan every day (expect this week). You wear darker colors in the fall and winter because getting dirty often comes with the commute. You also wear good commuting treads and carry your "office" shoes or keep them at work. Try switching trains and buses in red high heels.

Not only that, it gets cold very fast if you are walking to work at 7 am. Even worse if you are waiting for a train. I know I look like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man in the winter, and that it's probably not the nicest silouhette but you learn really quick to not give a fuhck when it's freezing outside.

Not only that, it gets cold very fast if you are walking to work at 7 am. Even worse if you are waiting for a train. I know I look like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man in the winter, and that it's probably not the nicest silouhette but you learn really quick to not give a fuhck when it's freezing outside.

I learned long ago never to wear my good khakis or lighter colors on the bottom during the winter/rainy weather, because it's about 30 seconds until the bottoms are covered in gray muddy spots.

Housewife usually makes me wonder if he/she just tries to find the absolutely most button-pushing, offensive thing to say in a situation. The hurricane is a terrible tragedy. And yet he/she is harping on clothing choices?! Good grief, isn't there something more appropriate to say - like maybe thinking of all the people harmed?

That and like Peas n Carrots, I'm baffled as to what is so "communist" about nice, dark colors? Every one of my few more expensive pieces of clothing is charcoal or black - because it never goes out of fashion, and if you're going to pay serious cash for something of good quality, then (for my limited budget) it needs to last a few years!

Wait, what? All other issues aside (and there are many of them), a fundie is bitching that people look too much alike? If I start laughing, I may never stop.

Archived