IGNORED

NYC Has Been Devastated by Hurrican Sandy...

GolightlyGrrl

Idiot. Here are a few things I should note as someone who lives in Chicago (def not the same as NYC, but I understand the mindset).

1) Most people don't have cars. In the fall/winter when the streets and sidewalks are wet/snowy and otherwise dirty, you wear darker colors so the dirt/wet does not show.

2) In the NYC business world (especially in finance...but outside of the fashion industry), the only acceptable colors to wear are blue, black and gray. I'm sure that the first thing employees want to do in this economic climate is rock the boat.

1. YES! New York City slush is the grossest shit I've ever seen.

2. She has no idea what is required for business because she's light years away from being anywhere near capable for that kind of shit.

IDK why this post makes me so mad, but it does. Loving all your responses.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only that, it gets cold very fast if you are walking to work at 7 am. Even worse if you are waiting for a train. I know I look like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man in the winter, and that it's probably not the nicest silouhette but you learn really quick to not give a fuhck when it's freezing outside.

Omg, waiting for the subway in the winter is the WORST. I've never loved my puffy coat more than I do those mornings!

What. The. Fuck. And as everyone has put the main points far more eloquently than I could, I'm going to have a rant on a minor point.

CAN THE RIGHT WINGERS STOP MISUSING MARXIST TERMINOLOGY PLZ.

I know no-one gives a fuck about this but me, however for FUCK's SAKE. Lumpenproletariat? That doesn't mean "people who dress in a less than stylish fashion". That has a SPECIFIC MEANING. You may disagree with the concept nowadays (a lot of Marxists do, and I include myself amongst that number) but whatever issues I have with the idea, I know it doesn't mean people who aren't wearing big flouncy skirts and holding parasols.

And the misuse of the word "comrade"! I could write a fucking paper on that.

I'd be pissed at this even if it hadn't been posted in the shadow of Sandy. I'll say it again, fundies are the most shallow people I have ever met.

But, posting such an analysis opinion on fashion after a Hurricane? Fuck her.

What. The. Fuck. And as everyone has put the main points far more eloquently than I could, I'm going to have a rant on a minor point.

CAN THE RIGHT WINGERS STOP MISUSING MARXIST TERMINOLOGY PLZ.

I know no-one gives a fuck about this but me, however for FUCK's SAKE. Lumpenproletariat? That doesn't mean "people who dress in a less than stylish fashion". That has a SPECIFIC MEANING. You may disagree with the concept nowadays (a lot of Marxists do, and I include myself amongst that number) but whatever issues I have with the idea, I know it doesn't mean people who aren't wearing big flouncy skirts and holding parasols.

And the misuse of the word "comrade"! I could write a fucking paper on that.

Actually, JFC, I find it annoying, too, not to be mention it's hugely misleading.

Actually, JFC, I find it annoying, too, not to be mention it's hugely misleading.

I think s/he does that on purpose to demonstrate that they have read books other than the Bible. :hand:

I think s/he does that on purpose to demonstrate that they have read books other than the Bible. :hand:

Ha...reading something doesn't equate to comprehending.

I honestly think that Laura is really Laurence and is nothing but a garden variety douche.

I would like to point out what Lawrence Auster the Stinking Fishwife is wearing in his picture of his deceased sister her own photo:

Laura-headshot.jpg

Simple black with a small print, understated accessories, very plain and rather unfeminine hair.

I think she looks fine, but then so the people on the streets of Manhattan. And they were dealing with possibly the worst storm in modern history. Even if this area was not flooded, they still had a huge storm, issues with power, problems with public transportation, etc. What is Laura's excuse?

Yesterday afternoon, My son waded out of 4 feet of muck to escape his cold and flooding apartment in Hoboken, NJ. I don't care what he was wearing. New Yorkers are survivors. (New Jersey, too) I am happy that my son is with hs father warm and safe.

Fuck her.

Dude's vacation pictures don't look much different from, and this should tell you something in itself, what the Daily Fail considered representative of Manhattan.

Come on, Lousewife. You could at least consult the New York Times. The Fail isn't even a domestic paper.

Yesterday afternoon, My son waded out of 4 feet of muck to escape his cold and flooding apartment in Hoboken, NJ. I don't care what he was wearing. New Yorkers are survivors. (New Jersey, too) I am happy that my son is with hs father warm and safe.

Fuck her.

I'm glad he is okay!

And yeah, it cannot be said enough: Fuck the Thinking Housewife.

Thanks Emmie

It never ceases to amaze me how ridiculously shallow these people are.

Every bit of good news counts Florence. It's good to hear your son is safe.

Thanks Emmie

It never ceases to amaze me how ridiculously shallow these people are.

Glad to hear that your son is safe!

Every bit of good news counts Florence. It's good to hear your son is safe.

Thanks. It was wonderful to hear his voice last night.

Thanks. It was wonderful to hear his voice last night.

Although my family is safe, I miss my phone time with two of my cousins. We talked almost daily sometimes a couple of times a day.

Beyond the hat – and for a long time – male college students have retreated into ill-fitting, large items of clothing (trousers or shorts, and shirts) which give an impression of soft bulk, physical awkwardness, and a lumbering, slow character. I often have the impression in observing them that, if they had wanted to dress themselves to resemble giant, retarded babies who can barely pull on their own trousers – well, they could hardly have done better. I believe that I prefer the male fashions of the 1970s, with their hippie-inspired flowery shirts and colorful bell-bottomed trousers. That was absurd, of course, but at least it was colorful and not drab; and while it could be pushed into the realm of bad taste, it was generally not ugly. When these sartorial traits combine, say, with the now-common shaved head, the effect is indistinguishable visually from imbecility.

The down-filled plastic overcoats that you remark likewise give the impression of a type of mental slowness that needs protection against itself, as though it could not avoid running constantly into sharp objects and had therefore to be preemptively swaddled.

What really riles me is the conscious smirking holier-than-thou attitude, in her own mind she is superior to others especially those who do not live and believe as she does. This is self-righteousness that goes totally beyond the pale. She knew when she was writing those words what reaction they would elcit and she is so self-congratulatory she wrote them anyway.

This isn't a Raquel who knows no better, this isn't a cowed Sarah Maxwell, this is a woman of some intellect -- this is fundamentalism at it's worst

As if lousewife wasn't bad enough, she's got a commenter dropping the r word and other equally douchey things. Grrrrrr

Beyond the hat – and for a long time – male college students have retreated into ill-fitting, large items of clothing (trousers or shorts, and shirts) which give an impression of soft bulk, physical awkwardness, and a lumbering, slow character. I often have the impression in observing them that, if they had wanted to dress themselves to resemble giant, retarded babies who can barely pull on their own trousers – well, they could hardly have done better. I believe that I prefer the male fashions of the 1970s, with their hippie-inspired flowery shirts and colorful bell-bottomed trousers. That was absurd, of course, but at least it was colorful and not drab; and while it could be pushed into the realm of bad taste, it was generally not ugly. When these sartorial traits combine, say, with the now-common shaved head, the effect is indistinguishable visually from imbecility.

The down-filled plastic overcoats that you remark likewise give the impression of a type of mental slowness that needs protection against itself, as though it could not avoid running constantly into sharp objects and had therefore to be preemptively swaddled.

What an odd creature. Surely she understands that being in a flooded city without power and other essentials is comparable to the worst camping trip ever.

Sane people do not dress up to go camping.

Archived