IGNORED

I just realized... Duggars, Reiths, Bates

nutella addict

That it was actually the Duggars who introduced the Reiths and Bates to each other when they were helping the Bates remodel their house...if indeed they were hoping for a Duggar-Bates courtship, I wonder how they feel now? Also Sarah looks SO different in that episode, although I suppose it was years ago. There's a bit where Zach looks up at the Reiths playing and I can't help but wonder if he was already looking at Sarah...

I doubt they were trying to arrange a courtship, atleast not between Zack and one of the girls. They're not ready to let go of any of the oldest four daughters since Jim Bob and Michelle couldn't care or all of the kids without them. I have a theory that they were so willing to let Josh get married since his "curiosity" was getting the best of him...

They still have plenty of kids left, more than enough to expect at least one Duggar-Bates courtship. They have plenty of kids that match up in ages, so even if the first group of young adults don't get paired off, little Jackson or Johanna could end up with a Bates eventually. In fact, being little kids together is probably the only way for boys and girls to really get to know each other in this type of lifestyle.

But knowing each other from childhood could feel too much like brothers and sisters.

Except that if we've learned anything about courtship none of that really matters. You're supposed to divorce yourself from all romantic or sexual feelings and then when God your parents pick the right person you are expected to go through the kabuki theater of courtship and get married 6-8 months later and on your wedding night go from touching that person's hand for the first time to having sex with them. Your feelings don't matter as long as you are fufilling God's your parents plan.

Archived