IGNORED

Promoting women’s rights means promoting discrimination

AtroposHeart

WERE Americans ever asked if they wanted their federal government to promote “women’s rights†around the world? The answer is no. Just as voters were never asked if they wanted mass immigration from non-European countries or if they wanted legal abortion or if they wanted God banished from public life, so they were never asked if they wanted their government to promote feminism in foreign countries.

In this video, America’s first-ever Ambassador-at-Large for Global Women’s Issues Melanne Verveer, who was appointed by Obama, explains her mission. She makes the astounding and factually incorrect claim that female-run businesses are “the accelerator†of economic growth.

Promoting women’s rights means promoting discrimination. It doesn’t mean creating equality of opportunity. It means creating inequality of opportunity. Our Global Mistress of Feminist Supremacy advocates directing economic aid to female-run businesses and helping women purely because they are women to attain positions of power.

Political power is now a human right for women. Woman’s traditional place in the home and community is now, by definition, a violation of human rights.

Feminism is ever-radicalizing, demanding not just the reconstruction of American society but of the entire world. Family collapse, disastrously low fertility, feminized poverty, sexual disease, stupid children, moral apathy and a pervasive decline in civility and manners —- all this, Verveer wishes to spread.

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/201 ... more-46896

Just as voters were never asked if they wanted mass immigration from non-European countries
Subtle.

She makes the astounding and factually incorrect claim that female-run businesses are “the accelerator†of economic growth.
Bzzt! Wrong, try again dumbass.

So insulting to Stinking Lousewives everywhere.

Her comments about poor kids are so so so obvious. I almost want to write to "her" to tell her she's wrong

One thing I learned in the public schools is that the kinder and more familiar you are with the kids, the more they hate you. They hate your kindness because in their mind you are supposed to hate them so that they can hate you. When you remove any justification for their hatred they may get even. Crazy, but true.

I've worked as a librarian in a high poverty population public school for two years and my students are so affectionate. I get hugs on a daily basis and sometimes my students will come to the library when they are having a bad day and want to talk to me about it.

Voters were never asked if they wanted civil rights for African-Americans either, but it sounds like Stinking Lousewife disagrees with that as well.

It would be faster if I could just write "disagree" beside every statement on that blog.

These women are not happy homemakers, merrily baking cookies while being supported by their headship.

They are trying to ensure that their kids get fed. While some Americans seem to pit the interests of women and children against each other, in much of the world it's obvious that it is overwhelmingly women who are in charge of caring for the children and safeguarding them. Husbands may leave to seek work, and not come back. If they do come back, they may have been infected with HIV.

There is no working vs. be a stay-at-home mom debate in many of these situations. Children are cared for while a mother does small-scale farming, or makes items, or sells goods in the market. Micro-loans are a way of getting funds to those who actually need them and would use them to support themselves and their children.

Her comments about poor kids are so so so obvious. I almost want to write to "her" to tell her she's wrong

I've worked as a librarian in a high poverty population public school for two years and my students are so affectionate. I get hugs on a daily basis and sometimes my students will come to the library when they are having a bad day and want to talk to me about it.

In her case I have to wonder if what she's seeing as "kindness" actually came off as "incredibly patronizing" and therefore she was getting some serious side-eye even from the kids.

Even kids can tell when a do-gooder just thinks they're a notch in the belt for some charity cause while never considering them quite equal.

In her case I have to wonder if what she's seeing as "kindness" actually came off as "incredibly patronizing" and therefore she was getting some serious side-eye even from the kids.

Even kids can tell when a do-gooder just thinks they're a notch in the belt for some charity cause while never considering them quite equal.

This!!!!

Kids are incredible bullshit detectors. They can tell when adults are sincere in their intentions and when others are not. Some people are genuine in their desire to help others, and others just do it to make them look good. I have feeling Stinking and her band of miscreants are in the latter category.

WTF? This is just weird. I've also worked with disadvantaged kids, and yeah, it did help (in a lot of cases) to be NICE to them. I'm guessing she has zero experience. She just types whatever the fuck comes to mind with no regard as to if it's actually true or not.

As usual, the commentors on her site are asinine.

Stewart W. writes:

I never before realized that female-run business were “the accelerator†of economic growth.

History Channel is currently running a series called “The Men Who Built Americaâ€, about the industrialists of the 19th and early 20th centuries who made the United States into the leading global economic power. The program is surprisingly fair and unbiased, given how much leftist and academic slander these men have endured over the last century, when everyone realized that Upton Sinclair, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and George Washington Carver actually built this country.

I wonder if Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Carnegie and the others knew how much they were holding the country back by not being women?

Terry Morris writes:

At first glance, I thought that was Hillary (Hillary’s looking bad these days, don’t ya think?). Anyway…

If Women’s businesses are the accelerators of economic growth, then what do they need with economic aid?

On the issue of transmitting our values to other countries/importing foreign values to America, an acquaintance who owns a vacation home near my home said to me once of the illegal hordes of Hispanic immigrants who have invaded our State, that one good thing he would say about them is that they have strong family values. I replied, “If they stay in America very long, their ‘family values’ will disappear.â€

He replied (smiling): “Good point.â€

This maketh not the sense of logic. Poor women in, say, India aren't aspiring to be the next Rockefeller.

They're thinking more along the lines of "Ooh, if I had enough cash I could set up a stall in the market selling mangoes instead of selling them on the roadside. And selling them to that wanker down the road isn't any better, he always claims they're bruised, any excuse to underpay me. I bet people in town would really like mangoes. Then I could send wee Ravi to school and the little ones could go too one day. But I have to pay the bastard stall deposit and I haven't got the cash. If only someone would lend me it..."

So by giving that woman a loan she can get her stall, make a profit on the mangoes, send her kids to school and improve, like, the economy and shit. One would think right wingers would be all in favour of this sort of thing. But no! She's female and should therefore be sitting serenely in a flowered drawing room sipping tea daintily while her headship does REAL MANLY WORK. A scenario which is about as likely to happen for her as flying to the moon while simultaneously giving birth to a dolphin.

This is what is meant by being accelerators of economic growth. Blokes, if they are around (and they may not be) are likely to be working for someone else. Women are likely to not only be bringing up a family(possibly with future headships in it!) but also running a small business. Again, for a right winger, I'm not seeing the objection here?

Also, this is stupid.

If Women’s businesses are the accelerators of economic growth, then what do they need with economic aid?

Yeah, if you're going to grow a business you never need start-up capital at all. That would be why no businessmen ever take out loa...OH WAIT

When I saw this title I knew exactly who you were talking about.

Yep, me, too. Stinking is really so fucking obvious.

But what made her hate her gender so much? It's one thing to choose a more traditional lifestyle, and more power to her. But her hatred for any woman who chooses a different path is chilling. Stinking is so filled with bigotry and hostility, she makes me want to vomit.

Yet, I bet she thinks a hyper-careerist like Phyllis Schlafly is just peachy.

Yep, me, too. Stinking is really so fucking obvious.

But what made her hate her gender so much? It's one thing to choose a more traditional lifestyle, and more power to her. But her hatred for any woman who chooses a different path is chilling. Stinking is so filled with bigotry and hostility, she makes me want to vomit.

Yet, I bet she thinks a hyper-careerist like Phyllis Schlafly is just peachy.

QFT.

I wonder why she hates her gender so much.

JFC - thanks for making my point more clearly. What part of "small and medium-sized businesses" do they not understand? Oh, and can we get these folks to read Proverbs 31 again if they think they are so religious?

ADoyle - I strongly suspect that the blogger isn't a woman at all, but is just a sock puppet for Lawrence Auster, a misogynistic man.

Despite having read the Thinking Housewife's diatribe, a few items still stand out in her latest tirade:

1. The swipe at "immigration from nonEuropean country. Wow, even most mainstream conservatives would avoid making statements like that. That's pretty bold racism, not even going for subtle there.

2. Her comments that feminism results in stupid kids? I'm still trying to figure out how she came to that conclusion...there are just so many ways her logic would convince her of that.

3. Her comment on feminism trying to destroy the world and all that is sadly commonly shared by many conservatives, although they won't present it like TTH. Most critics are far more subtle, focusing on the evil of foreign aid in general or the fact that money is secretly given to poor women to have abortions and use birth control to kill zygotes (I kid you not, actually have read this type of argument!).

There's been plenty of study that show empowering women in third world countries is one of the best ways to decrease poverty, decrease childhood mortality, increase household income and improve the standing of women. In many developing nations, women are a marginalized group, more so than their male counterparts at every level except the wealthiest. There is no SAHM vs working parent debate. All poor women want to work. Most are not given the chance to due to lack of education, lack of funds, lack of personal autonomy. What does TTH and her ilk think poor, rural women do there? Sip teas and admire each other's dresses? Many wake up at dawn to collect firewood and dung, cook and clean and wash by hand. Their work is not pretty or dainty or ladylike.

For many women, having money to start a small business actually permits them to engage in more "ladylike" activities like sitting and having pretty dresses. It also means more autonomy for them in the family, elevated status of females, more money for the kids for food and education etc. I think it's attitudes like TTH that shows the disconnect between dumb fundies and reality. They seem to think third world women live on some idyllic village where they spend their days admiring horses and reading to a brood of children who are happily playing or attending school. Instead, most are scrapping by with dawn 'til dusk labor while their children are working alongside them trying to make enough money to not starve.

From the mouth of someone who has never visited the third world. If she had, then she'd have a more realistic view of what goes on there and what life is like in extreme poverty. Those people don't have the time or money to sit on their asses all day long sipping tea. They are literally working from dawn until dusk in an effort to survive. Children go without food for days on end. People resort to eating leaves and grasses because they have no money to buy real food. Babies die of malnutrition everyday. If a micro-loan to a woman means a child will live, you would think these pro-lifers would be all about it. After all, doesn't "pro-life" mean, well, pro-life? Or is that just a lie they tell in order to control women's fertility and take away their power and control of their own bodies? Never mind. I already know the answer to that question.

TH, I will write my congressional representatives immediately to let them know that they should run all future legislature past you first,.

That Racist Wife, go create your own Christian-only fundie micronation hun, and then come back after a year and tell us how it worked out, with Biblical laws included.

What about those of us who's families were here BEFORE European immigration? We were never asked if we wanted euro immigrants... so why should you get asked if you want other immigrants? TTH annoys the shit outta me....

What about those of us who's families were here BEFORE European immigration? We were never asked if we wanted euro immigrants... so why should you get asked if you want other immigrants? TTH annoys the shit outta me....

But THOSE people didn't know Jesus, so obviously their opinions aren't valid. :doh: She's so hateful, it makes me sick.

Archived