IGNORED

Binders full of women.

Witsec7

I was heartened this morning to find that I was not alone in my visceral reaction to Mitt's use of this phrase. But that whole commentary was something out of the 50's. 'I hire woman'. Women need flex work time because they need to get home to cook dinner.

I'd like to hear others vent on this subject. Check out the FB pages for Binders full of women. This one is great.

http://www.facebook.com/romneybindersfullofwomen

This here is a gift that keeps on giving.

http://bindersfullofwomen.tumblr.com/

And this, from the RNC. Priceless. :clap:

RNC Releases "Empty Binder" Graphic

WASHINGTON - The Republican National Committee releases a new graphic "Empty Binder" showing that a second term of President Obama would be an empty binder. After again failing to lay out a second term agenda and vision for this country last night, all President Obama has to offer is distortion and personal attacks.

Graphic can be viewed here.

"The clear takeaway from last night's debate is that another four years of President Obama will be just like the last four," said RNC Chairman Reince Priebus. "President Obama is running for a second term, but he isn't offering the American people anything different than a repeat of his first term failures. He is not offering a positive vision for the country, all he's offering the American people is a binder full of empty pages. The American people cannot afford four more years like the last four."

http://view.targetedvictoryemail.com/?j ... ffcf14&ju=

I was happy to wake up this morning to find some great memes of "Binders Full of Women." I was wondering myself last night if I was the only person who found that to be a really oddball statement.

I'm glad that Obama laid out to the audience how contraception is linked to women's economic viability. I don't think that it will sway the opinion of people who screech "WHAT ABOUT TEH BAYBEEZ" but I think the undecideds/independents may process and decide to support Obama. At least I hope.

I also loved how his response to the lack of equal pay for equal work was basically that wimmen should be given flex time to get home and make dinner.

So screw equal pay, Mommys and Why-Aren't-You-Mommys, and go make me a sammich.

Between the binders, and needing to be home at 5:00 to cook dinner, and AK47s being a problem because of unmarried folk, I couldn't sleep last night. HALF THE COUNTRY thinks like this crazy person. Half! I went through and deleted everyone from my friends list who "likes" Mittens (truthfully, only 3 people, none of whom I liked much anyway :lol: ) and that made me feel a tiny bit better.

Between the binders, and needing to be home at 5:00 to cook dinner, and AK47s being a problem because of unmarried folk, I couldn't sleep last night.

That was pretty surreal.

My roommate's surname is Binder. She's having a horrible day. Haha.

But yeah, Romney's platform has taken a rather scary and illogical turn. Women of America, you have been reduced to commodities by an overprivileged fool who might well gain much more power than he deserves. If he's like this when he's trying to appeal to undecideds, imagine how he could be in the Oval Office, with control of the House and/or Senate and a couple of extra conservative judges on the Supreme Court. It makes me shudder and I don't even live there.

Between the binders, and needing to be home at 5:00 to cook dinner, and AK47s being a problem because of unmarried folk, I couldn't sleep last night. HALF THE COUNTRY thinks like this crazy person. Half! I went through and deleted everyone from my friends list who "likes" Mittens (truthfully, only 3 people, none of whom I liked much anyway :lol: ) and that made me feel a tiny bit better.

I wish I could, but I'm related to most of them. I don't want to deal with any fallout at Thanksgiving dinner if they notice I'm no longer listed on their friends list. I've hidden them on my news feed instead. From what my father told me, my one cousin is really going off the deep end, and she confirmed it yesterday when she came out as a birther on my Facebook page. My posts are now also being hidden from her and the rest of those family members so I don't have to deal with the crazy.

I couldn't get past the whole "If women need to work" part. Is this Mormon moron so oblivious he doesn't realize that women make up nearly half the workforce!?! I can't wait to tell my boss that I need to go home early to make dinner for my help meet.

Yeah, there are absolutely no women in the state of Massachussetts who would want or have tabs on trying to get a job in the Governor's Office, and poor Mitt had to go to the Crochet Club and beg for candidates. :roll: If he's elected I'm not going to cook my own or anybody else's dinner for his entire term in office on the fucking principle of the matter.

You guys are so silly! Of coure he has binders full of women.... he is a mormon. :lol:

And I weep for this country. Mitty made it clear how he thinks of women last night. Anyone with a uterus or who loves someone with a uterus should be ashamed to vote for him.

His ignorance totally disregards an entire group of women who do not want to have children but desire a career... Yeah, I'm going to be married. But my fiance is a better cook than me. Good thing he works from home so that he can go make ME a sammich. :)

Yeah, there are absolutely no women in the state of Massachussetts who would want or have tabs on trying to get a job in the Governor's Office, and poor Mitt had to go to the Crochet Club and beg for candidates. :roll: If he's elected I'm not going to cook my own or anybody else's dinner for his entire term in office on the fucking principle of the matter.

Just for the record, I think you are pretty f'ing awesome!

If women need to work...ppsshaw. He's also out of touch with my generation. I recently had friends who had babies, and in both cases the dads are staying home with the babies. One out of economic necessity (she makes far more than he does) and the other situation the dad can easily work from home.

Going on the breadwinner thread...just speaking for my group of girl friends, we almost all make more than our SO's, and in the cases they don't the SO isn't making a lot more. It seems to be more and more common that women are breadwinners, and I'm glad that Obama made sure to point that out in the debate.

If Romney was such an awesome governor, why didn't he run for a second term?

He really has no clue how middle- and lower-class Americans live. Sure, the Romneys have five sons, but you cannot tell me they didn't have nannies and housekeepers. The average American has neither a nanny nor a housekeeper.

If Romney was such an awesome governor, why didn't he run for a second term?

He didn't run because his approval rating was so low he knew he'd lose, and losing would have been bad for his longer term political plans. Obama is trouncing him in the polls in MA and most residents do not consider him to be a native son in any way. And he has homes all over the country.

The Romneys are so incredibly wealthy that none of us can even imagine what their lives are like. Anymore than they can imagine what ours are like.

And I weep for this country. Mitty made it clear how he thinks of women last night. Anyone with a uterus or who loves someone with a uterus should be ashamed to vote for him.

my wife does not have a uterus so does that mean I have to vote for mittins?? please say it is not so.

my wife does not have a uterus so does that mean I have to vote for mittins?? please say it is not so.

I think it just means you don't have to feel shame if you do ;)

Well, are do you have a passing accquaintance with someone who has a uterus? A favorite waitress or barista, perhaps? :D

Well, are do you have a passing accquaintance with someone who has a uterus? A favorite waitress or barista, perhaps? :D

The poster exists because someone had a uterus. I'd say that's enough reason to oppose Mittens.

That was pretty surreal.

Don't forget the tax break for the "middle class" where your savings account interest doesn't get taxed. If you're making enough on your bank account interest for that to make much of a difference, you're not part of the middle class that I am acquainted with.

The overarching impression that I got was that this guy is so out of touch it's unreal.

Everything he said last night pissed me off, pretty much, especially the comments on single parents, gun violence and how women need to go home early to cook and clean for their kids. :?

Archived