IGNORED

Kidist doesn't understand Stephen Colbert

super skeptic

I have such a hard time following her writing! I usually get a headache from trying, I don't know what anything she talked about had to do with anything else!

She is such a self-important fucking moron. The most telling thing about her is that she doesn't have a Comments section on her blog. Sure, I know I could email her, but my blood pressure wouldn't be able to take it.

Wow, she really doesn't get Colbert. I wonder what she'd do if she saw one of the times he slips out of character from the absurd things he says (my favorite is when he cracks up while thanking a Muslim donor to his presidential campaign- Suq Madiq, who made his parents proud by donating (his parents, of course, being father "Liqa Midiq" and mother, who still goes by her maiden name, "Munchma Quchi". Watching him unable to even finish the joke because he's laughing so hard does not bring to mind a man Kidist would like very much))

Um, so she has time to google pictures of godly Nazi and possibly Communist mothers, but she did NOT take the time to google Stephen Colbert?

She WOULD be reading articles on Nazi Germany - and not because she's interested in educating herself about the suffering of the Jewish people. Probably thinks she would have been the wife of a dear godly SS officer.

I have such a hard time following her writing! I usually get a headache from trying, I don't know what anything she talked about had to do with anything else!

Good to know it wasn't just me. I was reading it thinking, "I don't even get what she's trying to say!"

"

What is this? What is she trying to say?

Either this is my brain on drugs (possible) or fundies have ceased making sense.

The America that Wolf is vilifying is the America that would protect her from godless "partners" like Ludwig, whose masculine energy can errupt at any time, and which can turn on her without any warning.

Christ, Freud would have a field day.

Guest Anonymous

This is my best translation:

Giving too much attention (and too much importance) to women turns men into Nazis. They erupt. Wolf being a feminist, and the centre of attention, is putting her in danger of a masculine backlash from her partner. The Nazis overemphasized womanhood, motherhood, domesticity, etc. and that is why they erupted and became bad guys.

Wow, she really doesn't get Colbert. I wonder what she'd do if she saw one of the times he slips out of character from the absurd things he says (my favorite is when he cracks up while thanking a Muslim donor to his presidential campaign- Suq Madiq, who made his parents proud by donating (his parents, of course, being father "Liqa Midiq" and mother, who still goes by her maiden name, "Munchma Quchi". Watching him unable to even finish the joke because he's laughing so hard does not bring to mind a man Kidist would like very much))

I was at a taping a couple of years ago and during a story about some prominent tea partiers trying to co-opt the anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech he turned to the audience and said: "Can you fucking believe these people?" And ranted for awhile. It was glorious.

I couldn't believe it when he was first on and I kept running into instances of neocons taking him seriously, agreeing with something he said, holding him up as a good example, etc. Obviously everyone caught on eventually, but how do you make that mistake even once??? Google your sources!

This is my best translation:

Giving too much attention (and too much importance) to women turns men into Nazis. They erupt. Wolf being a feminist, and the centre of attention, is putting her in danger of a masculine backlash from her partner. The Nazis overemphasized womanhood, motherhood, domesticity, etc. and that is why they erupted and became bad guys.

:clap:

Guest Anonymous

I am disappointed not to find a place to comment to tell her that her head is miles below the point of Colbert. She probably thinks you pronounce the T at the end of his name.

I was at a taping a couple of years ago and during a story about some prominent tea partiers trying to co-opt the anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech he turned to the audience and said: "Can you fucking believe these people?" And ranted for awhile. It was glorious.

I couldn't believe it when he was first on and I kept running into instances of neocons taking him seriously, agreeing with something he said, holding him up as a good example, etc. Obviously everyone caught on eventually, but how do you make that mistake even once??? Google your sources!

Well, you'd think that people would've caught on, but not necessarily. I don't know how to link directly to a pdf, but go to http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/2 ... at-he-says and click on the link. The part directly dealing with Colbert starts on the bottom of page 5.

Honestly, this speaks volumes about her inability to read people correctly, and pretty much proves that all the things she reads into people's postures and expressions is WRONG. She can't read people correctly and pretty much projects whatever she is thinking into other's insignificant or different behaviors.

I've always wondered if there are people who believe he's real. Now I know who.

Yep.

I wonder if anyone will tell her.

Wait, does she actually know anyone? It always sounds like her human contact is entirely with strangers.

These folks obviously never saw the Colbert Report episode about Stephen's father, who negotiated a heated dispute between a health workers' union and hospital management. The conflict was fraught with racial tension, and Colbert Senior acted on behalf of the health workers with dignity and strength. The episode left me with tears in my eyes, and I don't cry easily.

Honestly, this speaks volumes about her inability to read people correctly, and pretty much proves that all the things she reads into people's postures and expressions is WRONG. She can't read people correctly and pretty much projects whatever she is thinking into other's insignificant or different behaviors.

I wonder if she has Aspbergers.

I find Kidist deplorable, but I also wonder if she has some kind of mental illness. She seems so unhinged.

He has guests that don't get him either. This is even after he told them in the green room before the interview that the character he plays on his show is an idiot and doesn't really know what he is talking about. :lol: He said this in an interview recently.

Remember when the Bush team hired him to perform? The Repubs didn't get it, either.

He has guests that don't get him either. This is even after he told them in the green room before the interview that the character he plays on his show is an idiot and doesn't really know what he is talking about. :lol: He said this in an interview recently.

I number these folks among maybe-otherwise-smart people who are extremely literal thinkers--they may have a "sense of humor," but can only comprehend extremely broad, obvious humor. (My youngest sister is one of them. So is a friend of my daughter, who HATED the movie "Clueless," because she couldn't understand the concept of satire, and kept saying, "This movie is unrealistic--I don't know ANY high school students who act like this.")

And ditto on what others have said about Kidist and Asperger's.

Remember when the Bush team hired him to perform? The Repubs didn't get it, either.

That was comedic gold. One of the funniest things I'd seen in a while.

Yep.

I wonder if anyone will tell her.

Wait, does she actually know anyone? It always sounds like her human contact is entirely with strangers.

I don't think my ultra-conservative grandmother get him either. She was over at our house one day and saw my sister's copy of his book on the living room table and mentioned how much she likes him. I'm almost positive that if she wouldn't like him if she knew that he was acting out a character.

Archived