IGNORED

Kidist doesn't understand Stephen Colbert

super skeptic

I was at a taping a couple of years ago and during a story about some prominent tea partiers trying to co-opt the anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech he turned to the audience and said: "Can you fucking believe these people?" And ranted for awhile. It was glorious.

I couldn't believe it when he was first on and I kept running into instances of neocons taking him seriously, agreeing with something he said, holding him up as a good example, etc. Obviously everyone caught on eventually, but how do you make that mistake even once??? Google your sources!

My favorite Colbert moment was back in the Bush43 days. Colbert was invited to host the White House Press Corps Dinner (yes, I'm a C-SPAN geek). He proceeds to stand at the lectern and totally REAM Dubya and his cronies. The look on Dub's face was priceless (like "who the fuck vetted this ass?"). Quite a few jaws dropped in the crowd as well. That was really Colbert's coming-out party for those idiots who didn't realize that his scthick is snaktastic contrarian.

He has guests that don't get him either. This is even after he told them in the green room before the interview that the character he plays on his show is an idiot and doesn't really know what he is talking about. :lol: He said this in an interview recently.

It's hysterical to watch him in character with right wingers who think he's serious and actually agreeing with them.

My favorite Colbert moment was back in the Bush43 days. Colbert was invited to host the White House Press Corps Dinner (yes, I'm a C-SPAN geek). He proceeds to stand at the lectern and totally REAM Dubya and his cronies. The look on Dub's face was priceless (like "who the fuck vetted this ass?"). Quite a few jaws dropped in the crowd as well. That was really Colbert's coming-out party for those idiots who didn't realize that his scthick is snaktastic contrarian.[/quote]

(Paraphrasing from that performance) "I believe in religious freedom. We observe all religions in this country, and you should be able to believe as you choose.... as long as you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior." :lol: :clap:

I snorted a little when Kidist slammed Catholicism.

Colbert has said many times that he's Catholic. He was attacking and humiliating Wolf from a principled position, at least more principled than hers. Imagine some godless male putting her in her place.

I would like to see her principled scale. I imagine at one end would be her and the other would be me, a liberal, atheist, feminist.

I wonder if she has Aspbergers.

I find Kidist deplorable, but I also wonder if she has some kind of mental illness. She seems so unhinged.

She reminds me of somebody I went to college with who was claiming Aspergers last year, but I think it's some sort of mental illness instead. He posts insane conspiracy theory things on his webpage. And his wife left him and it looks like he only has supervised visits with his kids.

(He also regularly posts "I want a job" on his FB, yet his job history is a year here, a few months there, and he's got the crazy all over his FB that isn't friends only.)

I snorted a little when Kidist slammed Catholicism.

I would like to see her principled scale. I imagine at one end would be her and the other would be me, a liberal, atheist, feminist.

You'd only be at the absolute bottom of her scale of morality if you are also an Asian woman who "stole" a white man from all of the white women out there.

You'd only be at the absolute bottom of her scale of morality if you are also an Asian woman who "stole" a white man from all of the white women out there.

You wouldn't even make it onto the scale!

Not getting that Colbert is acting a part is one thing, but actually holding him up as a paragon and spokesperson- Wow! I mean, if I didn't get the joke and actually agreed with him, I'd still think he was pretty weird.

Archived